Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

(AC3) Who is your wingman during "Geopelia"?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SkyEye MCCIX

SkyEye MCCIX

Rookie

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Squad:Anyone with a plane is my squad.
  • Plane:R-201 Asterozoa

Once you get the whole XR-900 hijack/hack thing through and over with, you start to fly the thing, and (after realizing the thing's amazing performance) you realize that when you fire a missile, another missile from somewhere else is fired next to you, simultaneously.

You turn the camera curiously to try and find that other missile's launcher, and you see a friendly XFA-36 following you in close formation, almost exactly matching your movements...

However, this XFA-36 does not have a name tag... so who is it?

Maybe Nemo replicated itself onto that plane, in the much same way it hacked the Geopelia?

BTW, this is only in the JP version, as you have no wingman in the "Everywhere else" version.

Edited by SkyEye MCCIX, 24 September 2015 - 06:04 AM.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

It's clear that Nemo hacked into the Geopelia, and thus has managed to synchronize input between the XFA and Geopelia, controlling them both at the same time. Doesn't explain mobility differences, but what the hell, it's Ace Combat. I thought this shit was obvious.

SkyEye MCCIX

SkyEye MCCIX

Rookie

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Squad:Anyone with a plane is my squad.
  • Plane:R-201 Asterozoa

It's clear that Nemo hacked into the Geopelia, and thus has managed to synchronize input between the XFA and Geopelia, controlling them both at the same time. Doesn't explain mobility differences, but what the hell, it's Ace Combat. I thought this shit was obvious.

Yeah, but the "hijack" cutscene clearly shows the Nemo's original plane catching fire and (presumably) blowing up, soo...

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

Yeah, but the "hijack" cutscene clearly shows the Nemo's original plane catching fire and (presumably) blowing up, soo...

No it doesn't from what I can tell. All I see is just transitioning to a different point of view, as in the Geopelia's point of view. This is from the Japanese version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users