Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Could the YR-99 be a predecessor to the R-101?

Forneus Delphinus AnythingAceCombatRelated

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

SkyEye MCCIX

SkyEye MCCIX

Rookie

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Squad:Anyone with a plane is my squad.
  • Plane:R-201 Asterozoa
Think about it... the Forneus was made by 2020, when ACX takes place, and the Delphinus was made by 2040, AC3's timeline. Also, the planes look very similar. This may mean that the Forneus was further developed into the Delphinus.

Even more, the letter "Y" in "YR-99" means "prototype", which would make the Forneus a prototype Delphinus. Also, the number " 99" and "101" aren't too far apart, and it is likely that a YR/R-100 prototype also existed.

Actually, in ACX, one of the Forneus' colors (the white and blue patterned one) looks a lot like one of the Delphinus craft in AC3.

As a little side note, what do you think "R" stands for? Normally, it should mean "Recon", but the R- series are obviously not spy planes. It might mean " Revolutionary", "Radical", or " Ridiculous"...

Salv000

Salv000

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Plane:R-101 Delphinus I

Think about it... the Forneus was made by 2020, when ACX takes place, and the Delphinus was made by 2040, AC3's timeline. Also, the planes look very similar. This may mean that the Forneus was further developed into the Delphinus.

Even more, the letter "Y" in "YR-99" means "prototype", which would make the Forneus a prototype Delphinus. Also, the number " 99" and "101" aren't too far apart, and it is likely that a YR/R-100 prototype also existed.

Actually, in ACX, one of the Forneus' colors (the white and blue patterned one) looks a lot like one of the Delphinus craft in AC3.

As a little side note, what do you think "R" stands for? Normally, it should mean "Recon", but the R- series are obviously not spy planes. It might mean " Revolutionary", "Radical", or " Ridiculous"...

The "R" in the R-plans stands for "Radical". Also I agree with your theory as the YR-99 and R-101 excessive amount of possible links like those mentioned. Including the fact that they both make use of Laminar flow technology. Also if you use the cockpit view for the YR-99, you'd notice that the C.O.F.F.I.N. display looks very similar to the C.O.F.F.I.N of a AC3 plane. If we ever get it in ACI it would probably be a 800cst multirole under the R-101 on the tree.

Xpand

Xpand

DUN DUN DUUUN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts
  • Plane:MiG-21bis Fishbed-L

The YR-99 isn't the predecessor to the R-101, the same way the YR-302 isn't the predecessor to the R-101. They have different roles. They are technologically related, but not in the same family "branch".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Forneus, Delphinus, AnythingAceCombatRelated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users