Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Okay, So...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Digolgrin

Digolgrin

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Given that PA is working on a new Ace Combat game, and that the 20th Anniversary is just about here, does anyone have any wishes for the next title?

I'm assuming here that this game is going to be AC7, and will therefore be set in Strangereal. I *do* have an idea for such a game that isn't historically based, but since I just mentioned I've got a historical basis for at least one idea swimming around in my head, I'mma just say it:

Estovakian Civil War. Playing as Colonel Voychek against basically all of the Eastern Faction's rivals (with maybe some ACX-style nonlinear mission selection). 'Nuff said.

Anyway, my idea for Strangereal is this: A Yuktobanian fighter squadron attempts to intervene in a regional conflict (say, against the Strangereal equivalent of Chechen rebels or a situation similar to that currently seen in Ukraine), only to witness an incident that spreads across the entire Verusan continent, which they are wrongly blamed for, sparking a second civil war threatening to overturn Nikanor's (essentially communist) regime--which, I'll admit, is sorta based on the idea that the current 'Union of Yuktobanian Republics' came about from very similar circumstances to the Soviet Union's October Revolution. Now torn between loyalty and rebellion, the Yuke pilots must face their own countrymen in order to clear their name--but will it be enough to keep their loyalty to the Union intact?

I've got something of a simplified Electrosphere-esque campaign in mind here; choices would be made that influence the story and what side the Yuktobanian squadron takes, with different paths depending on how loyal the unit is to one side or the other. If the squadron is fiercely loyal to the current government, for instance, it'll be handed more crucial tasks and play a larger overall role in ending the war. Neutrality or questionable loyalty will yield less crucial, but still important, missions. But in the event the squadron decides to join the rebellion for any reason, they can't return to the Air Force for the rest of the playthrough. They'll be stuck with them all the way to Cinigrad. However, going over to the rebellion will yield aircraft you can't buy while serving the government, and yes, they *do* stick with you on second playthroughs. (Of course, the reverse is true if the squadron remains with the Air Force; aircraft will be available there that wouldn't be available on a rebellion playthrough.)

Thoughts?

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

害酷人

• Global Moderators
  • 7,173 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

Given that PA is working on a new Ace Combat game,

th--citation-needed-.png

Digolgrin

Digolgrin

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

...Point. My mistake. I just remember the Famitsu article that brought it up... somewhere in the Infinity discussion. Wipe this thread from existence if you must.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

the only proof we have about next ace game is this teaser

https://vine.co/v/eJxgVrZ35PP

Digolgrin

Digolgrin

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

the only proof we have about next ace game is this teaser

https://vine.co/v/eJxgVrZ35PP

...and, of course, like most traditional PA teasers, there's absolutely nothing to go on. Except for the sound of what I can only imagine to be a fierce snowstorm.

That, and the near-somber piano tune.

xXxACEKILLERxXx

xXxACEKILLERxXx

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Plane:CFA-44 Nosferatu

The famitsu article said Ace Combat content to be exact.

So it is probably more ACI shit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users