Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Ace Combat 20th Anniversary Stream - July 14, 15, and 16

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts
  • Squad:DAS FUNK
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen
Great series deserve crazy ideas.

Partly to celebrate and honor the 20th anniversary of this fantastic series, and partly because why not, me and PositronCannon are gonna attempt to play through the vast majority of AC games (the ones we actually have access to) during the coming ACI maintenance period - tomorrow and the day after. We'll be playing the games in order, alternating between each other. Don't expect outright speedruns - that would be no fun, would it? - but we'll do our best to make it through this legendary series we all love in... 48 hours.

We'll be hosting it at the following channel, and are planning to start with Air Combat at 2PM GMT tomorrow - check your local times here.

Oh, this is gonna be fun.

Edited by Broth3r, 16 July 2015 - 11:34 AM.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

TIME TO DED

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

We are now live. Air Combat behind us, AC2 time.

SkyEye MCCIX

SkyEye MCCIX

Rookie

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Squad:Anyone with a plane is my squad.
  • Plane:R-201 Asterozoa
This is hard, man. Playing through as many ACs as you can in under 48 hours? You guys must be skilled.

Good luck, and, as a guy in AC04 once said; "Don't fly in a straight line!".

BTW, are you playing through the Japanese version of AC3, or the cheap " everywhere else" version?

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

This is hard, man. Playing through as many ACs as you can in under 48 hours? You guys must be skilled.

Good luck, and, as a guy in AC04 once said; "Don't fly in a straight line!".

BTW, are you playing through the Japanese version of AC3, or the cheap " everywhere else" version?

We played through the Japanese version, but with the English Disc 1 patch from the fantastic people at Project Nemo. After many years of hard work, they pulled it off, Ace Combat 3 if officially translated (if not complete yet).

We're on AC5 right now.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

We played through the Japanese version, but with the English Disc 1 patch from the fantastic people at Project Nemo. After many years of hard work, they pulled it off, Ace Combat 3 if officially translated (if not complete yet).

I hope disk 2's done. It's sad to play a game where you need to look at the script to get the context instead of learning it through the game.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

I hope disk 2's done. It's sad to play a game where you need to look at the script to get the context instead of learning it through the game.

You can do full playthroughs on Disc 1, though. The GR and GR/OB paths are fully playable - we did the latter.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

You can do full playthroughs on Disc 1, though. The GR and GR/OB paths are fully playable - we did the latter.

I know, but some of the cool missions like Tunnel Vision are on the 2nd disk.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,815 posts

Done for today, stopped halfway through AC5. We'll continue where we left off tomorrow at about the same time, 2PM GMT. My hands and brain need a rest. *_*

Edited by PositronCannon, 14 July 2015 - 11:40 PM.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,815 posts

Part 2 starting in 15 minutes, assuming no TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES PLEASE STAND BY

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

Finishing up the day on Joint Assault. Sadly, this means we couldn't quite clear the series in two days, but... well, for one, we slept, So not quite 48 hours there. Still, I have to say I had an absolute blast with this project, and I'm sure PC would agree.

And... hell, let's finish with AH and ACI tomorrow, because why the hell not? We'll post a time for it later in the day, but expect it to be later, as they're only two games.

And to everyone who's been with us, my deepest gratitude, and I only hope you've had as much fun as I did.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

Just to say, we will be live to finish off the series at 9PM GMT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users