Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Fenrir: The Advanced Plane... too advanced!

help Fenrir hard

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

SkyEye MCCIX

SkyEye MCCIX

Rookie

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Squad:Anyone with a plane is my squad.
  • Plane:R-201 Asterozoa
I am currently on mission 15B, when Gryphus 1 must defeat Alect Squadron and Fenrir, the advanced plane that started the whole war. However, their skills are a hard, even for an ace like me. I've even given up trying to beat them in my own Phantom. I do have some great tactics for obliterating them, but it seems I run out of time too quickly before they all blow up.

I need help, and isn't that what forums are for (after digging up all of he spam, hate, and flaming)?

Can you people please give me some tactics and easy methods (including any helpful glitches) to help me end that war once and for all? (This is my second play through, but on my first, I played mission 15A instead). I want to know things like;

Any tips to counter the Alect Squadron's tactics

Which enemies to destroy first and last,

The best plane and weapon combination for this mission,

All other useful information and tips about beating Alect Squadron and the Fenrir, including how you had beaten the mission yourself.

Thank you all for your help.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

- Purchase mid/high tier fictional fighter

- Equip Sniper OS part

- Hold X for guns

Otherwise git gud, pretty much. You do know you're supposed to help allied ships across the map to get to the energy plant in order to disable the Fenrir's camouflage, right? The mission is far harder without doing that.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

If you haven't learned that every single ace in AC history can be murdered through BnZ, learn now. Alect is not hard to defeat, just somewhat annoying due to the firing window. Do not be afraid to run away in a straight line. Normally you can outrun the missiles, but missiles in AC X are damn fast, so you may need to barrel roll a bit (not to be confused with an aileron roll), though I don't recall having to do that. Then it will be up to head-on skill, which may be hard, but generally I find myself more comfortable with head-ons. For which plane I used, well, I tend to take a modified Cariburn.

Xpand

Xpand

DUN DUN DUUUN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts
  • Plane:MiG-21bis Fishbed-L

I've even given up trying to beat them in my own Phantom. 

As if

Welcome to the world of Ace Combat. It doesn't matter how good you are, it only matters how good your plane is at coping with AI's shenanigans.

SkyEye MCCIX

SkyEye MCCIX

Rookie

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Squad:Anyone with a plane is my squad.
  • Plane:R-201 Asterozoa

- Purchase mid/high tier fictional fighter
- Equip Sniper OS part
- Hold X for guns

Otherwise git gud, pretty much. You do know you're supposed to help allied ships across the map to get to the energy plant in order to disable the Fenrir's camouflage, right? The mission is far harder without doing that.

Actually, I just recently found out about the energy plant... Lol... I blew it up, and got SO CLOSE to beating it in my Phantom, an X-29, and an X-02, just recently (I kept dying because I pulled up too early in the tunnel). I'm gonna try out the Sniper OS part later... gotta take a look at Acepedia to find out how to get it.

Edited by SkyEye MCCIX, 28 June 2015 - 01:39 PM.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,893 posts
  • Squad:DAS FUNK
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

As if

Welcome to the world of Ace Combat. It doesn't matter how good you are, it only matters how good your plane is at coping with AI's shenanigans.

Eh, far from it. Most games allow you a lot of leeway with your choice of aircraft.

Just not ACX. You don't fuck with ACX.

I kept dying because I pulled up too early in the tunnel

A tip: switch to cockpit view inside the tunnel. It may sound like an awful idea, but for whatever reason, the shaking is highly reduced.

A couple more tips:

- Just flat out ignore the Fenrirs until the power station is blown up. It's certainly possible to kill them, but it's hardly worth the effort, specially on your first run. Focus on non-target aircraft.

- Work your way towards the island, so you're near when the amphibious unit reaches the station.

- As a general rule, don't risk it. The Fenrirs have a tendency to decloak, lock and fire really fast, so if you feel in danger, evade immediately. For the first phase, this requires developing a bit of a sixth sense, of knowing roughly where the Fenrirs are and position yourself accordingly. A good habit is maintaining high speed.

If you're okay with some shameless self-advertisement, here's all this in video form. Just remember to stop at the end of the mission as as not to spoil the ending cinematic.

BlazerAaron99

BlazerAaron99

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Squad:765th Air Division
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

Get something with Multi Targeters like the F-22 or Su-37. If you're playing on Ace, you're in for quite a ride. Quoting a guy from a AC4, "Dont fly in a straight line!"

I learnt so much from that one guy. Either that or do just what Positron Cannon said. Recommending the XR -45 and the X-02.

Kazama Shin

Kazama Shin

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

I remember doing this in my X02. Best Plane allthough is the Falken. The Laser works especially well against those camouflaged Fenrirs ;). The last time I did the mission I got the whole Sqadron with one Laser Volley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users