Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Datalink Thread!?

Link with me senpai

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Kamiyoda

Kamiyoda

シングルラインの女性

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MT Eagle+

Who are the fellow pilots that, when you see them, you can't help but datalink with them? Do you use the Link Com part when you do it? How do you do it, do you like to hang back and let them come to you? Or rush in at the first chance you get?

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

Most datalinks save for quick recharge and lock on are pretty useless though. So I just never notice my teammates if I link or not. Besides if your focusing on linking up that means your mind isn't focusing on making things dead. Or having fun for that matter.

I apparently got an award once for joining up with a person who actually used esm so that was interesting I guess.

Arekasune

Arekasune

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • Plane:X-49 Night Raven

Well, I only use the datalink part when I have no room left for a final part. I usually charge in, but if I link up with someone I know then sometimes I'll stick around them a bit just for funsies.

Edited by Arekasune, 30 April 2015 - 09:15 AM.

Kazama Shin

Kazama Shin

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

Well, I only use the datalink part when I have no room left for a final part. I usually charge in, but if I link up with someone I know then sometimes I'll stick around them a bit just for funsies.

Pretty much this. Datalinks I use are Reload, Lock on and critical. Most planes though have only room for 3 Body and 3 Weapon parts, so the 7th part normally is the Datalink antenna. But if there is a better part in the future for the MISC slot, the Datalink is the first part that will go.

My high tier Multiroles (34 slots and more) all have abandoned the Datalink for a 4th weapon part.

Nuggz

Nuggz

Salt Master

• Members
  • 3,149 posts
  • Plane:X-29A

Pretty much this. Datalinks I use are Reload, Lock on and critical. Most planes though have only room for 3 Body and 3 Weapon parts, so the 7th part normally is the Datalink antenna. But if there is a better part in the future for the MISC slot, the Datalink is the first part that will go.

My high tier Multiroles (34 slots and more) all have abandoned the Datalink for a 4th weapon part.

This basically. Anti-stealth part doesn't serve any real purpose outside TDM, no one uses ESM and ECM is meh except in HM missions. Considering they've started adding parts with hybrid purposes for missiles and sp.w, I expect em to add a part with the abilities of extending data link range and detecting stealth craft. Though the range for the datalink would be hella shorter for this part.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

Most datalinks save for quick recharge and lock on are pretty useless though. So I just never notice my teammates if I link or not. Besides if your focusing on linking up that means your mind isn't focusing on making things dead. Or having fun for that matter.

I apparently got an award once for joining up with a person who actually used esm so that was interesting I guess.

Critical doesn't do anything? It's pretty much all I use aside from Homing...

If they're useless or providing minimal benefit, that would definitely explain some things

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts
  • Plane:E-767
Critical does do something, but once your plane is significantly leveled up, you're doing a lot of damage already.

I use Basic on my lv15 ATD.

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • Squad:The Michael Rosen Rappers
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

For the most part I use Quick Reload, but with SPWs such as QAAMs and HPAAs, I use High Homing, and with any really long ranged SPWs like LAGMs, LASMs and 6AAMs, I use Long Range. I also use Critical with my MiG-21 -SG- class with the MGP, and also with attackers and bombers on NTDM.

Arekasune

Arekasune

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

For my fighters and multiroles, I use High Homing up until level 5 or 6, then switch to Quick Reload (since, by then, standards will generally hit just fine unless it's a low-tier jet).  For attackers I generally use Quick-Reload for maximum spam, but Critical can sometimes be ok if you're on WBA or something where there are some above-average-toughness red targets.  

It would be cool if they added some co-op modes that were a tad more dynamic, and made datalinks more important.  Hell, maybe even throw in a large force of allied ground/air forces that pushed up area to area with you.  Then, make points scored by datalinked planes fill up your allied attack gauge, similar to AC6.  Add in ESM giving more of a buff, then whichever team is able to get their forces to the designated target first wins.  

Edited by Arekasune, 30 April 2015 - 05:37 PM.

3m4nu3l3

3m4nu3l3

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

For my fighters and multiroles, I use High Homing up until level 5 or 6, then switch to Quick Reload (since, by then, standards will generally hit just fine unless it's a low-tier jet).  For attackers I generally use Quick-Reload for maximum spam, but Critical can sometimes be ok if you're on WBA or something where there are some above-average-toughness red targets.  

It would be cool if they added some co-op modes that were a tad more dynamic, and made datalinks more important.  Hell, maybe even through in a large force of allied ground/air forces that pushed up area to area with you.  Then, make points scored by datalinked planes fill up your allied attack gauge, similar to AC6.  Add in ESM giving more of a buff, then whichever team is able to get their forces to the designated target first wins.

Are you mad? That would require PA to actually do something instead of just trowing planes here and there. Not gonna happen.

Sadly.

Arekasune

Arekasune

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Are you mad? That would require PA to actually do something instead of just trowing planes here and there. Not gonna happen.

Sadly.

I never once sad nor implied that I expected PA to ever add anything actually interesting.

In fact, if they did, half their player base would probably die of shock.

Falken Hunter

Falken Hunter

Pilot of the Hi-Nu Gundam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,219 posts
  • Plane:CFA-44 Nosferatu

Considering they've started adding parts with hybrid purposes for missiles and sp.w, I expect em to add a part with the abilities of extending data link range and detecting stealth craft. Though the range for the datalink would be hella shorter for this part.

Never thought of that, that would be nice to have.

I never once sad nor implied that I expected PA to ever add anything actually interesting.

In fact, if they did, half their player base would probably die of shock.

Shock from actual fun or shock from loss of scrub heaven?

Arekasune

Arekasune

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Shock from actual fun or shock from loss of scrub heaven?

Holy shit I never thought of the second part.  Nevermind, RIP entire playerbase.

Kazama Shin

Kazama Shin

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

Well. A dream game then would be a BIG Campaign, where the opposing parties would have to fly Recon Missions and such, before a big attack. Of course then we would need dedicated Recon Planes like SR 71 or U2. Oh well. Would be cool for sure, but not gonna happen.

Kamiyoda

Kamiyoda

シングルラインの女性

• Members
  • 3,920 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MT Eagle+

Of course then we would need dedicated Recon Planes like SR 71 or U2. 

Ace Combat 5 and X beg to differ.

Also, missed moment of awesome.

Arekasune

Arekasune

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Ace Combat 5 and X beg to differ.

Also, missed moment of awesome.

Ace combat 5 taught me that the best way to perform recon is to fly at 100 feet of altitude at mach 2, dodging radar circles that I can see with my own radar.  Cuz... that's how radar works, right?   :ph34r:

Edited by Arekasune, 02 May 2015 - 04:56 PM.

Archville

Archville

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Plane:MiG-31M Foxhound-B

Improved homing for fighters and multirole-fighters, weapon reload speed for attackers and multirole-attackers. I tend to fly solo, most of my datalink connections are those with CPUs. As for the part, I only use it when I have a free spot, it's a waste of slots otherwise.

Edited by Archville, 02 May 2015 - 05:26 PM.

Nuggz

Nuggz

Salt Master

• Members
  • 3,149 posts
  • Plane:X-29A
It feels like more of a waste on multiroles or planes with huge ass amounts of slot parts.

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

Ace combat 5 taught me that the best way to perform recon is to fly at 100 feet of altitude at mach 2, dodging radar circles that I can see with my own radar.  Cuz... that's how radar works, right?   :ph34r:

You do the same thing in Ace Combat assault horizon on the Bomber mission, minus the mach 2 part.

Edited by VitalEvergreen1, 02 May 2015 - 10:16 PM.

Falken Hunter

Falken Hunter

Pilot of the Hi-Nu Gundam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,219 posts
  • Plane:CFA-44 Nosferatu

You do the same thing in Ace Combat assault horizon on the Bomber mission, minus the mach 2 part.

Now that i think of that...i wonder how an actual bomber pilot would feel about low altitude infiltration :ph34r:

Edited by Falken Hunter, 02 May 2015 - 10:23 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Link, with, me, senpai

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users