Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

General purpose dumb/obvious questions:

FAQ

• Please log in to reply
735 replies to this topic

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

What exactly do they mean by "high-G turn?"

If u get a chance to play one of the old AC games that didn't have high-g turns u will notice the difference straight away.

A high-g turn is just what happens when u brake & pull back on the stick.

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts
  • Plane:E-767

A high-g turn is just what happens when u brake & pull back on the stick.

Specifically, it's that short burst of mobility when you fully press down the brakes and pull back on the stick.

Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
Huh? i can't tell if i have done it before. Any pics or videos ?

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts

There's no way you haven't done it yet after playing this long. Go into test flight and start turning. During the turn, fully press down the brake button. You'll notice your plane turns sharply for short while. This boost is the "high G turn". High G turn can also be performed by braking before entering the turn.

Parts and datalink that say they extend the duration of high G turns are referring to this.

edit: The flight tutorial also asks you to "perform a high G turn" after the accelerate/brake tutorial.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

There's no way you haven't done it yet after playing this long. Go into test flight and start turning. During the turn, fully press down the brake button. You'll notice your plane turns sharply for short while. This boost is the "high G turn". High G turn can also be performed by braking before entering the turn.

Parts and datalink that say they extend the duration of high G turns are referring to this.

edit: The flight tutorial also asks you to "perform a high G turn" after the accelerate/brake tutorial.

ok.. yeah I can do that with the Razor, but compared to conventional jets the effect is pretty short before all the speed gets scrubbed off...  I do this to make my turning radius as tight as possible when I need to do a 180...

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • Squad:The Michael Rosen Rappers
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

ok.. yeah I can do that with the Razor, but compared to conventional jets the effect is pretty short before all the speed gets scrubbed off...  I do this to make my turning radius as tight as possible when I need to do a 180...

Umm, I'm pretty sure the High-G maneuvre only really works on Expert controls (not counting the swerve movement in lieu of the roll present in Novice mode), which bombers don't have, plus High-Gs are normally pitch movement, and bombers can't really pitch that much either. 

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Umm, I'm pretty sure the High-G maneuvre only really works on Expert controls (not counting the swerve movement in lieu of the roll present in Novice mode), which bombers don't have, plus High-Gs are normally pitch movement, and bombers can't really pitch that much either. 

I do use expert controls on my bomber... It's pretty much mandatory since the turning radius is like three times as wide without it...

Granted, I still don't have full control authority with expert controls (inverted/loop/etc.) but it does grant me the ability to bank at a maximum of 90 degrees (and the bank movement is much faster)

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts

Works for both control types. A turn in novice mode automatically includes pitch movement.

Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

I see, the earier description was kinda odd. That is pretty much how you get those filthy B7R hard reds as the swoop down during final phase. So it can be extended? Cool! i figured something was wrong when after a high g, i still slow down hoping for a miracle and then boom hard mode ohko missiles.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

100: I've always been curious -- Does anybody use the vibration function on their controller? Why or why not?

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts

100: I've always been curious -- Does anybody use the vibration function on their controller? Why or why not?

Yes, because it's on by default. The textile feedback comes in handy sometimes, though.

Choco

Choco

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Plane:F-16C Fighting Falcon

Why wouldn't you use your vibrator?

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Can't see this as being worthy of a new thread, and hey, this is the question thread, so...

I've just lvl.15'd my Su-35, and I'm at a loss for what to take to 10 or 15 next, here are my projects:

- Typhoon

- MiG-31B -GV-

- Su-34

- F-16XL

- B-1B -RZ-

- F-2A -EX-

- A-10A -OR/DT-

- Su-37 -JL-

- ADF-01

- ADA-01B (Just to lvl.6)

And yeah, with so many potential projects, you can see why I'm at a loss and have only just gotten my first lvl.15. :P

Edited by AceOfAces, 02 July 2016 - 03:48 PM.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Can't see this as being worthy of a new thread, and hey, this is the question thread, so...

I've just lvl.15'd my Su-35, and I'm at a loss for what to take to 10 or 15 next, here are my projects:

- Typhoon
- MiG-31B -GV-
- Su-34
- F-16XL
- B-1B -RZ-
- F-2A -EX-
- A-10A -OR/DT-
- Su-37 -JL-
- ADF-01
- ADA-01B (Just to lvl.6)

And yeah, with so many potential projects, you can see why I'm at a loss and have only just gotten my first lvl.15. :P

Do u have any of ur attackers over 1,800 cost? Perhaps that would be something to focus on next?

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Both my Oruma and Experimental are over 1800.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
Hmmm. Well maybe keep upgrading Oruma in anticipation of Avalon Hard. The F-2A would be a better choice for when ASLO Hard turns up but presumably Avalon will happen first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users