Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

General purpose dumb/obvious questions:

FAQ

• Please log in to reply
735 replies to this topic

Soular

Soular

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Plane:XFA-27

17 A. Get your hands on Pitch L, trust me, you'll never want to go back.

17 B. I prefer homing>reload+capacity>power for missiles, and for SpWs I prefer power (until it can oneshot what it needs to) > reload+capacity > speed > homing.

Reason being, most end tier aircraft can easily oneshot orange targets of their specific role (or in a Multirole case, oneshot air and maybe one~twoshot ground). Reds are often few and far between IMO to warrant losing out on reloading speed on missiles (though some missions are an exception, namely Avalon), and I do believe diminishing returns come into play with higher level/higher base cst aircraft.

SpWs are a different story, since their damage formulas are different and they function differently. My loadout for SpWs is just personal preference though, I don't recommend it (except for the oneshotting thing).

Regarding the data links, I can't say for certain, you might wanna check the hard data thread if you haven't already, though I dunno if they have info on that yet.

17 D. Preference really, or just taking what you can get. Personally, I find 6AAMs better due to longer range and often more ammo, I haven't really had a situation yet where a 4AAM would oneshot a target but a 6AAM wouldnt, if I did run into such a scenario, then I might consider bringing 4AAMs the next time, but as it stands, I feel 6AAMs offer a lot more versatility over 4AAMs (provided you can actually hit things with them).

17 E. TLS damage is a constant tick, the amount each tick deals does not go up over time.

17 F. I believed something similar to this when the game's beta first came out, in that aircrafts, instead of relying on Cst, were seperated into "tiers", and the tiers ranged from like 425~475 Cst for example. Quickly threw that belief out the window though, simply because it was a confusing and convoluted mess. Not sure if it still holds any weight today, given how the game has changed.

18 A & B. To some extent, from what I notice, yes. They do have predictable flight patterns and usually they will attempt to shake at least one missile off you provided they aren't chasing someone else or in a "cooldown" period after evading/firing at something. Emergency Mission fighters can be really aggressive in this manner as if they are chasing you some of them will pull ALL kinds of bullshit (ie: 30 km/h 180 degree turns) to get shots off at you.

Generally, you never want to be targetted in those cases because you won't get any points, and if you are, attempt to gain distance+speed, because I can almost guarantee you won't out turn them without a moderately high-spec aircraft.

Also bear in mind that some enemies have scripted fixed-flight paths (the YF-23s over Dubai in the first segment and the 4 MiG-29s that spawn after the EM in Tokyo and focus the closest target until they pass by are a prime example of this). In these cases, its all about knowing how they fly.

Edited by Soular, 08 May 2015 - 12:26 PM.

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts
  • Plane:E-767

17. Loadouts:

A. That's all Stealth does. 

It's theoretically possible to be completely invisible, but right now it can't be done. Even with the best stealth planes, enemies will detect you if you get close enough. Please see: http://acecombatskie...t-too/?p=886786

Manoeuvrability parts can be worth equipping, especially on higher level planes where armour and extinguisher aren't really needed. They only shave off fractions of a second. More useful on fighters than attackers, but attackers usually gain more from them due to their lower mobility.

B. For MSLs, yes. Once your plane reaches higher levels, its MSLs travel pretty fast. Power is useful for lower levels to do some damage, and becomes less useful as you level up unless you can pass a damage threshold.

For Sp.W, most go for Power+Propulsion. I've shifted to Power+Homing. I think attackers will benefit more from reload and speed, because they have a lot of power against ground targets. Fighters may need power and propulsion/homing, so that their Sp.W can one-shot certain targets. Multiroles can go either way.

As for Datalinks, I'm not sure if Critical and Homing are better than Warhead and Mobile Fin L... I haven't tested them, and it's fairly difficult to test homing.

Datalink effects do stack with parts that have similar effects.

D. No? Maybe in SOLG or Moby Dick?

E. It's a damage over time effect. It adds up. 

F. These are the damage thresholds I mentioned earlier. It's essentially "what parts are needed with this weapon to one-shot targets across different aircraft tiers". There doesn't seem to be much information beyond that though. I can probably add to it later.

18. Enemies:

A. It seems like it does. Not sure.

B. That is true. Some targets are more evasive than others. It's very noticeable with the EM fighter squadrons.

ATD hit level 15. I went back. :P

Soular

Soular

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Plane:XFA-27
ATD hit level 15. I went back. :P

I wouldn't be surprised if that thing could give you motion sickness with pitch L at lv15, lol

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

My level 8 F-22 with the mods "pitch M" and "roll M" was just too maneuverable and quick to handle. (it was difficult gunning targets) I had to remove them and replace them with a higher spec engine compressor to increase acceleration and another engine part to increase Max speed.  

Edited by VitalEvergreen1, 09 May 2015 - 01:28 AM.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

20. How do I get colored smoke trails on my missiles? I've seen a few players with this, and I think this feature is independent of jet type?

Arekasune

Arekasune

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • Plane:X-49 Night Raven

20. How do I get colored smoke trails on my missiles? I've seen a few players with this, and I think this feature is independent of jet type?

Those come from certain emblems.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

You might be on to something...Last night for the hell of it I tried Pitch L and Roll L for my Akula on B7R, and that was CRAZY...The good news was no reds could shake me; the bad news was I got cross-eyed from seeing my TV screen spin around so much...I'll see how Pitch L by itself works later today

Arekasune

Arekasune

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • Plane:X-49 Night Raven

You might be on to something...Last night for the hell of it I tried Pitch L and Roll L for my Akula on B7R, and that was CRAZY...The good news was no reds could shake me; the bad news was I got cross-eyed from seeing my TV screen spin around so much...I'll see how Pitch L by itself works later today

Roll can be a bit much when you have a high level top tier aircraft xD.  Pitch is pretty much always good though, imo.  And of course, you always gotta go fast.

3m4nu3l3

3m4nu3l3

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

Roll can be a bit much when you have a high level top tier aircraft xD.  Pitch is pretty much always good though, imo.  And of course, you always gotta go fast.

53640599.png

Kamiyoda

Kamiyoda

シングルラインの女性

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MT Eagle+

My Rena Terminator uses Pitch L and Roll L. :lol:

Well one of them anyway.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

21. When that orbital strike comes in the middle of B7R, why aren't the enemy aircraft damaged?

22. I admit I'm absolute garbage at the game -- Up until recently I was still using standard controls+fight assist, or I'd take my then-level 2 Wild Weasel into SOLG III, I've been frequently outscored by CPU bots, and even now unless I'm ground-pounding I'm guaranteed to finish in the bottom half scorewise...But even with all that, my MR has never dropped below 1420...Who the hell are these folks with MRs in the 1100s??

3m4nu3l3

3m4nu3l3

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

21. When that orbital strike comes in the middle of B7R, why aren't the enemy aircraft damaged?

22. I admit I'm absolute garbage at the game -- Up until recently I was still using standard controls+fight assist, or I'd take my then-level 2 Wild Weasel into SOLG III, I've been frequently outscored by CPU bots, and even now unless I'm ground-pounding I'm guaranteed to finish in the bottom half scorewise...But even with all that, my MR has never dropped below 1420...Who the hell are these folks with MRs in the 1100s??

21 because reasons. Also not orbital strike but stonehenge rounds.

22 Using an attacker in an air to air mission isn't a good idea, just fyi. Can't really answer the question though.

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Squad:The Michael Rosen Rappers
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

There's implications that they're dummy AFK accounts used by tourney boosters/clubbers...yeah, sad, I know.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

There's implications that they're dummy AFK accounts used by tourney boosters/clubbers...yeah, sad, I know.

God damn that's pathetic...ACI's MR is easily the most meaningless "stat" I've seen in a video game, and somehow it got morphed into the be-all end-all to the point where people actually boost for it...Whatever happened to just *enjoying* the game? I thought I left all this boosting bullshit behind in CoD and Battlefield...

As I said many years ago, statistical tracking is one of the worst things to ever happen to video gaming, which is a rant for another thread...

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts
  • Plane:E-767

God damn that's pathetic...ACI's MR is easily the most meaningless "stat" I've seen in a video game, and somehow it got morphed into the be-all end-all to the point where people actually boost for it...Whatever happened to just *enjoying* the game? I thought I left all this boosting bullshit behind in CoD and Battlefield...

As I said many years ago, statistical tracking is one of the worst things to ever happen to video gaming, which is a rant for another thread...

The boosting isn't so much for MR as it is for event rankings. More points = more ranking points = higher placement using less fuel.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

statistical tracking is one of the worst things to ever happen to video gaming

tJaBJjl.gif

Shiro

Shiro

CG PLANES WHEN BAMCO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

tJaBJjl.gif

That's when you know Doc is about to kick yo ass

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

...And I stand by that statement -- Because first of all somewhere along the way stats became an ends rather than a means for gaming...Secondly, stats as they exist now are too easy to rig, pad, boost and cheat -- Take a glance at the global leaderboards of any popular FPS, and you'll see what I mean...Finally, stats have added way too much static to what used to be halfway decent discourse -- How many online arguments have you seen devolve to something like this:

Noob poster makes a perfectly legit gripe or suggestion about improving gameplay for the next patch:

Reply# 1: "Oh yeah? You don't know shit since your KDR is only 1.2!"

Reply# 2: "Oh yeah? YOU don't know shit since your KDR is only 1.8!"

Reply# 3: "Oh yeah? YOU don't know shit since your KDR is only 2.5!"

Reply from Pubstar: "Gentlemen! There's no need to argue in this thread, because you are *ALL* craptastically terribad!"

(and it goes on forever without anyone ever discussing what was a perfectly good point)

Granted, the framework for the implementation of *better* statistics is getting more mainstream with the adoption of advanced metrics in sports since they realized long ago that so-called "traditional" stats don't tell the whole story; and it's only a matter of time before the gaming industry adopts them.  Been boosting your account? Been exploiting glitches? Been kicking decent opponents from your matches so you could feast on the low-hanging fruit of weak competition? Spent your entire 2000+ hour playtime using the one OP weapon on the one map that fits your playstyle? Properly implemented advanced metrics will see through all of that. The problem is advanced metrics are very complex, and at the present game developers don't want to spend the time or resources to properly code them...But the time is coming...

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

23. When I see a green health bar on enemies, sometimes I see a little yellow marker as well -- What does that mean?

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

23. When I see a green health bar on enemies, sometimes I see a little yellow marker as well -- What does that mean?

it's...the amount of damage you'll deal with your selected missile.

thats pretty basic dude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users