Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

General purpose dumb/obvious questions:

FAQ

• Please log in to reply
735 replies to this topic

Kamiyoda

Kamiyoda

シングルラインの女性

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MT Eagle+

i cant explain the second one

I had a match where my team's score was definitely more than the other team's score, and we had often more fleet bonuses, yet somehow we still lost.

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

My team was winning 15-5 or something like that and then the next moment we lost 0-3... This defeat was not that mysterious because they could have killed multiple ships at the same time with an NPC attack.

As for your case, the only explanation I can give is lag or their NPC started their attack that could land the final blow before you could sink their last ship. (translation: strange coding in the game where NPC attacks count as soon as they launch but damage doesn't register until the attack lands.) The latter is maybe a bit far-fetched other than that I have no idea.   

burkeomatic

burkeomatic

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

No, No, No, We need an AC-130 we need to add gunships as another class of aircraft. And while we're at it we can add Attack Helicopters that can't do jack because the aircraft is too slow and the map is too big for them.

A supersonic prop fan bomber in which the props fold in with an afterburner to create a supersonic propeller bomber would be sweet. Or a nuclear battery powered electric turbine bomber that throws off splash damage when shot down. Maybe an ac130 with above mentionedprop fans with another player playing gunner with the pilot having ecm ability.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

My team was winning 15-5 or something like that and then the next moment we lost 0-3... This defeat was not that mysterious because they could have killed multiple ships at the same time with an NPC attack.

As for your case, the only explanation I can give is lag or their NPC started their attack that could land the final blow before you could sink their last ship. (translation: strange coding in the game where NPC attacks count as soon as they launch but damage doesn't register until the attack lands.) The latter is maybe a bit far-fetched other than that I have no idea.   

I can understand a team snatching away a last second victory, I've been on both sides of that...I've just never seen a loss after seeing 'YOU WIN' on the screen...FWIW even though I was top scorer on my team, some player from the enemy team got MVP, which I thought was strange at the moment...

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

How about the XB-10 where there is an auto turret on the back that automatically shoots aircraft at gun range, and has the ability to launch a player controlled cruse missile that dwarfs the MPBM. While the player controls the cruse missile the XB-10 will go into autopilot mode. Or any bomber that can launch a player controlled cruse missile, of course the ammo count for this special weapon will be "1" no matter how high the bomber level is.

(The XB-10 is known to have a gun turret on the back of the aircraft. However according to cannon of the game, it has never mention that the aircraft has ability to launch a cruse missile. This aircraft can be found in Ace Combat 2) 

burkeomatic

burkeomatic

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

How about the XB-10 where there is an auto turret on the back that automatically shoots aircraft at gun range, and has the ability to launch a player controlled cruse missile that dwarfs the MPBM. While the player controls the cruse missile the XB-10 will go into autopilot mode. Or any bomber that can launch a player controlled cruse missile, of course the ammo count for this special weapon will be "1" no matter how high the bomber level is.

(The XB-10 is known to have a gun turret on the back of the aircraft. However according to cannon of the game, it has never mention that the aircraft has ability to launch a cruse missile. This aircraft can be found in Ace Combat 2)

I keep thinking of these powering an aircraft.

http://content.time....2050039,00.html

I keep thinking of a lightweight plane that can fly around the world more than once without refueling or a nasty version of an electric powered nb36 or Moby Dick flying around with huge torque monster brushless motors, or a semi truck that you never have to refuel.

But your piloted missile idea reminds me of the F-117 game I has for Sega..... Epic

Edited by burkeomatic, 30 April 2015 - 10:34 PM.

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

But your piloted missile idea reminds me of the F-117 game I has for Sega..... Epic

I got the idea from Blazing Angel's 2, the weapon was a TV guided missile.

Skip to 1:20 to see what I'm talking about. Stop at 1:35 or continue to the end if you want but 1:20 - 1:35 is the most relevant. (Watch the whole video if you want. I don't care.)

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

15. Anything I can do for my PS3 to get less of those "You have failed to join this room" errors?

Kamiyoda

Kamiyoda

シングルラインの女性

• Members
  • 3,919 posts

15. Anything I can do for my PS3 to get less of those "You have failed to join this room" errors?

Aside from messing around with your NAT and DNS, no, not really.

Arekasune

Arekasune

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Plane:X-49 Night Raven

Aside from messing around with your NAT and DNS, no, not really.

This. I mean, you can make sure you're at on NAT Type 2 and not Type 3, but chances are you already are. It's just not the best netcode.

SpectreEye2

SpectreEye2

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Plane:F-5E Tiger II

I'm not sure if my step works but I did encounter less of these problems after tinkering with my modem router.

1. Set a static IP on ps3, put it in DMZ on the router.

2. Set the DNS of ps3 to that of openDNS (208.67.220/222.220/222) or google (8.8.8/4.8/4). Or Find a DNS that works well with you.

To be honest, I'm not sure what worked or if any of the above worked since our internet breaks down most of the time, so I won't discount the probability that it got fixed by the isp. lel

I have some rituals before starting ac:i too. Aside from praying to RNGesus and ISP gods, Hanging those "Teru Teru Bozu" (because rains causes problems to our ISP),  I also had to:

1. Turn-off Modem-Router. Wait for 10-15mins before starting it again.

2. Visit: https://downdetector...station-network(thanks kami)

3. Ping the 2 DNS IP address I'm using on the laptop. 

*If things aren't showing great results from the site and command prompt, might as well play another game. lel.

Edit: Like they said, Nat type is important. In my case, I always get a Nat 2 connection but still get sour connection.

Edited by SpectreEye2, 04 May 2015 - 03:27 AM.

Kamiyoda

Kamiyoda

シングルラインの女性

• Members
  • 3,919 posts

I'm not sure if my step works but I did encounter less of these problems after tinkering with my modem router.

1. Set a static IP on ps3, put it in DMZ on the router.

2. Set the DNS of ps3 to that of openDNS (208.67.220/222.220/222) or google (8.8.8/4.8/4). Or Find a DNS that works well with you.

To be honest, I'm not sure what worked or if any of the above worked since our internet breaks down most of the time, so I won't discount the probability that it got fixed by the isp. lel

I have some rituals before starting ac:i too. Aside from praying to RNGesus and ISP gods, Hanging those "Teru Teru Bozu" (because rains causes problems to our ISP),  I also had to:

1. Turn-off Modem-Router. Wait for 10-15mins before starting it again.

2. Visit: https://downdetector...station-network(thanks kami)

3. Ping the 2 DNS IP address I'm using on the laptop. 

*If things aren't showing great results from the site and command prompt, might as well play another game. lel.

Edit: Like they said, Nat type is important. In my case, I always get a Nat 2 connection but still get sour connection.

Also, f your trying to host and have a bad connection, you can just back out to the Start Menu instead of turning of your PS3 entirely to reset the connection.

And yes, Down detector is so many kinds of helpful  :lol:

Edited by Kamiyoda, 04 May 2015 - 08:18 AM.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

16. How many players does a lobby host have to kick before he gets that red name with the boot? And what exactly does the coffee mug mean next to a players name in the lobby? I assume the "ZZZ" means his controller went asleep?

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

no idea, a lot i guess

coffee means they're selecting a chat message

zzz means they havent touched their controller in a while

i think the red pen means they're buying fuel or in the store

sneakysnake128

sneakysnake128

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Plane:ASF-X Shinden II

no idea, a lot i guess

Coffee also means challenges screen, and is the more prevalent reason. 

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

no idea, a lot i guess

The red pen means that someone is sending a message via PSN PM

Arekasune

Arekasune

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Plane:X-49 Night Raven

I'm so glad this is all explained in-game.

Oh.

Nuggz

Nuggz

Salt Master

• Members
  • 3,142 posts
  • Plane:X-29A
I think the limit is 10 then the red name appears

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

17. Loadouts:

A. Are the maneuverability parts ever worth fitting? The *only* blue parts I ever use are acceleration/top speed, and armor/extinguisher/stealth, since speed and survivability seem to trump everything else...Also, what does stealth really do in co-op besides make enemies target you slightly less? Is it possible to be completely invisible to enemies with the right combination on the right jet?

B. For the yellow parts, all things being equal I think the preferred hierarchy for normal missiles is homing>power>speed, for special missiles it's capacity+reload>speed>power, and for guns it's range>power...Is that right?? Are the Critical and Homing datalink perks better, equal, or worse than Warhead L and Mobile Fin L? And if I use Critical with Warhead L, do those damage benefits stack, or do they negate each other?

C. The LOL purple parts are pretty self-explanatory since only 2-3 of them are ever worth using...

D. For special weapons, if given a choice (all things being equal), is there ever a reason to use 4AAM over 6AAM?

E. Is the TLS damage constant, or multiplicative over time?

F. Can anyone further explain or point me to another discussion about the "brackets" discussed here: http://www.gamefaqs....finity/71764116

18. Enemies:

A. Do enemy jets (especially reds) "rubberband" their difficulty? It seems like sometimes when I'm in a high-end jet I'll end up chasing some red around for half the match trying to finish him off, and other times I can drop them all like flies even when I'm in low-mid grade equipment...

B. Last night, someone on a mic in my match essentially said that every enemy jet has it's own distinctive flight/evasive pattern, i.e. all MiG-29s fly their own way, and all T-50s fly their own way...Is this true?

19.  Can the Sky-Eye possibly be any more worthless and annoying?

Kamiyoda

Kamiyoda

シングルラインの女性

• Members
  • 3,919 posts

19.  Can the Sky-Eye possibly be any more worthless and annoying?

19. Still better than Heavy Cloud.

Normally I would answer the rest, but I think Panda's got it covered XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users