I just wanted to stop guessing/assuming and get some real answers:
1. Are gold crates completely random? Do you have a better chance of landing one with forced fuel sorties? How about with merc contracts running?
2. All things being equal, do attacker jets have stronger machine guns, or are they stronger just against ground targets?
3. I've seen quite a few discussion and debate about the inherent class benefits or hidden perks of each jet, i.e., attackers take slightly less damage from ground targets, etc...Was there ever any definitive testing or documentation of the 'hidden' perks, or do they even exist?
4. Was the payout for campaign missions nerfed? Last year a PSN friend told me to buy the campaign missions since it was a decent way to grind for credits when you didn't have fuel for co-op (I obviously wasn't able to buy it until this month)...He'd said at the time payouts were 8000-10000...I'm guessing he made a serious typo in his messages to me??
5. I've been watching some of the hardcore pro vids on youtube, and I see that the 3rd-person "camera lock" is really popular...How do players do that so naturally without getting jerky with the camera perspective? Is it just a matter of practice, or is this a skill that dates back to previous AC games? (ACI is my only real introduction to the series)
6. Are those 4.59m jets at the end really worth buying? Even if I win the Akula, is it really worth using, since the Scarface needs like a zillion credits just to upgrade?
7. People here have repeatedly told me that the "stat bars" illustrating jet abilities are inaccurate...Are they only slightly inaccurate, moderately inaccurate, or should I just ignore them altogether?? Because if the game doesn't tell us the specific hard numbers of planes+parts+datalink improvements, and if the stat bars are unreliable, just how the hell are we supposed to properly evaluate the pros and cons of each loadout?
8. Any special reason why Namco thought Zodiac-themed jets were a good idea? I swear I'm not criticizing; it just seems like a weird theme to use when there are so many more available...
9. Is the datalink perk you choose always "on", or only when you're connected to a teammate?
10. What exactly are the full effects of ECM on enemies??
Edited by botafogo4life, 28 April 2015 - 04:06 PM.