Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

which was the most impressive AI bandit you encountered on AC series?

ace combat series AI maneuvering

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

SilentWings

SilentWings

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Plane:Rafale M

Flyuger, the F-2 named ace from AC6. He even uses rockets against you and just does not stay put. PA, your bias is showing.

This is an uncommonly easy fight against him (6 minutes in):

So....many....loops.....

For me it's been Gelb from ACZ. Those rear-ward bound QAAMs, man....It's like Gelb can punch you in the face while facing the other way.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Plane:Eurofighter Typhoon II

it's not about killing them, you know THEY let you kill them when they want to, with 2 missiles or ugbs it doesnt matter, the type of skill i'm talking about is not about being hard to kill.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

it's not about killing them, you know THEY let you kill them when they want to, with 2 missiles or ugbs it doesnt matter, the type of skill i'm talking about is not about being hard to kill.

Dude, what? Are you even in the right thread? Actually looking up the content of the thread I'm assuming you're talking about this post makes little sense still.

Edited by ekirbo, 30 April 2016 - 07:43 PM.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

Well, considering this is his own thread...

But yeah, I don't think that kind of AI has ever existed in AC. Every single enemy will at some point go full retard and become an easy target, the difference being how often and for how long it happens.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Funk
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

Come on, scrubs, the very obvious and totally objective answer is the one that suddenly took everybody by surprise. It flew graciously but met a nasty end.

I do, of course, refer to 'Fried Chiken' from AC5.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

Come on, scrubs, the very obvious and totally objective answer is the one that suddenly took everybody by surprise. It flew graciously but met a nasty end.

I do, of course, refer to 'Fried Chiken' from AC5.

I just shoot it with my anti-tank rifle that I bring with me from home. You do not want to fuck around with fried chiken.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

Well, considering this is his own thread...

But yeah, I don't think that kind of AI has ever existed in AC. Every single enemy will at some point go full retard and become an easy target, the difference being how often and for how long it happens.

Yeah but the post itself makes more sense in the Any team deathmatch videos worth watching thread. Down to the wording and the responses he got in it.

FloydianJebus

FloydianJebus

Noob

• Members
  • 7 posts

There is one named ace, whose name I can't recall, in Annex (ACZ, mission 2) who will fly extremely close to the ground to dodge missiles. He'll basically touch-and-go (without actually making contact) and the missile hits the ground about half the time. Once, it actually took out another target. Jaw dropped when I first saw that.

Other than that, nothing stands out very much, besides varying levels of difficulty. That is the most unique one I recall.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Funk
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

I just shoot it with my anti-tank rifle that I bring with me from home. You do not want to fuck around with fried chiken.

Don't try and pass it off like it was easy for you. You know that enemy gave you a run for your money.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,902 posts
  • Squad:DAS FUNK
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

I must way, for whatever damn reason, I seem to always have trouble with AI YF-23s across the series. The stealth buggers will never stay still. They're not aces, sure, but still perform far better than you'd expect for standard AI.

In terms of outright difficulty, Strigons in IoG and Chandelier - because, particularly in the former, you're not actually supposed to shoot them down. Though they don't do much to kill you, either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users