Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

which was the most impressive AI bandit you encountered on AC series?

ace combat series AI maneuvering

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Plane:Eurofighter Typhoon II

.bear in mind that these AI are highly skilled and are programmed for us to beat them..(so think of it like youre simply bluffed by the author into thinking that you can actually beat them) and thats confirmed ,if they go their full computer-controlled potential..there would be no game lol..so its the only way.

for me (Gelb team) and (Gault Team) AC zero..in fact in these stages I forget about the fight, and just fix camera view to watch them..their bloody hell team coordination..dead close pursuit..hard angle missile lock techniques..direct recover of overshooting..and the approach tactics how you end up dead close in front of them and have no idea how it happened its like they use your moves against you lol..they are absolutely crazy..also Hamilton AC 5 i guess stage 26 ? not sure..but i dunno if these moves he pull off were real or a digital bluff (possible to be done by the player or AI exclusive)..but as for Gelb and Gault team i know its possible to be done but its too hard and requires high percission..also Mobius in the (wtf momment) of the Gauntlet mission AC zero..lol he/she is F***** insane lol.   

Edited by GenWan, 19 April 2015 - 07:51 AM.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

>not mentioning Rena and Dision master race

Honestly, for most people it's the Yellows that are hardest, but Rena and Dision in AC 3 really took me the longest amount of time in terms of pattern reading. Trying to take them out in a way that does not involve a perfectly timed close range missile spam will result in them turning way beyond one's capabilities unless you're in the Berkut or one of the OP superplanes. Then again, turnfighters are on the lower end of the survivability spectrum due to how AC 3's missiles work. Hell, one time I brought out the Aurora against Dision and I could easily see him pulling 180 °/s turns for goddamn ever in a very small area. Plus it's a bit harder to get a clear shot compared to the Yellows that are very allergic to BnZ.

So yes, Dision and Rena no contest. Runner ups include probably AC X AI in general or the Yellows, who would still be on the same level as Strigons. Jokes include practically any ace in AC 5, especially Ofnir and Grabacr. Ofnir only has the level that works for them, Grabacr is a joke all the way.

Edited by Hue, 19 April 2015 - 06:48 AM.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Plane:Eurofighter Typhoon II

>not mentioning Rena and Dizion master race

Honestly, for most people it's the Yellows that are hardest, but Rena and Dizion in AC 3 really took me the longest amount of time in terms of pattern reading. Trying to take them out in a way that does not involve a perfectly timed close range missile spam will result in them turning way beyond one's capabilities unless you're in the Berkut or one of the OP superplanes. Then again, turnfighters are on the lower end of the survivability spectrum due to how AC 3's missiles work. Hell, one time I brought out the Aurora against Dizion and I could easily see him pulling 180 °/s turns for goddamn ever in a very small area. Plus it's a bit harder to get a clear shot compared to the Yellows that are very allergic to BnZ.

So yes, Dizion and Rena no contest. Runner ups include probably AC X AI in general or the Yellows, who would still be on the same level as Strigons. Jokes include practically any ace in AC 5, especially Ofnir and Grabacr. Ofnir only has the level that works for them, Grabacr is a joke all the way.

unfortunately i havent yet tried 3 or maybe it was too early for my time..but sounds like you know what youre talking about ,i'm gonna check some vids.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

Flyuger, the F-2 named ace from AC6. He even uses rockets against you and just does not stay put. PA, your bias is showing.

This is an uncommonly easy fight against him (6 minutes in):

Edited by PositronCannon, 19 April 2015 - 07:09 AM.

Georgia Ace

Georgia Ace

New and improved

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18F Super Hornet

Flyuger, the F-2 named ace from AC6. He even uses rockets against you and just does not stay put. PA, your bias is showing.

This is an uncommonly easy fight against him (6 minutes in):

I remember this asshole. He came pretty damn close to hitting me a few times with those rockets too, though that's mostly due to times where I wasn't paying attention to him.

Honestly the toughest AI bandit I've ever come across were the ones that spawn right before/during the second phase of the assault on Bartelomeo Fortress. Like these are unnamed enemies are giving me a run for my money and dodging stuff like named Aces and Ace Squadron members. 

I kinda like that, keeps you on your toes and all. 

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW 'Lancers'
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

Sulejmani (JOKING!!)

ACX's Falken ZOE in SP mission, darn that laser! the only way I could find to beat him was with Scarface's missiles and the XFA-27

ThirstierRug19

ThirstierRug19

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

Honestly, the most impressive and hardest AI bandits for me is Pasternak and his drones. Here's why:

-Bastards move damn fast

-Drones zip around and spray bullets

-Pasternak spams ADMMs like the end of the world

Nuff' said. 

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

the trinity missile at the end of ac:ah

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Ah there isn't really an ace that stands out. Once you find the pattern for beating them it isn't too hard... Although I haven't played the PS2's Ace Combats in a while.

Just revisited and finished Ace Combat 3 on hard mode with all A's and getting the A's were difficult and not the game itself. Going to replay Ace Combat 4,5, and Zero. Hey Why not 6 while I'm at it.

Pasternak was annoying spamming those ADMMs, having all those UAV's... yep just like the butterfly master but instead of ADMMs it was lasers, lasers everywhere.

Is like a crazy sci-fi force field...(cough) ugh... losing my voice.

-- Omega 

BlazerAaron99

BlazerAaron99

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Squad:765th Air Division

Sulejmani (JOKING!!)

ACX's Falken ZOE in SP mission, darn that laser! the only way I could find to beat him was with Scarface's missiles and the XFA-27

You say ZOE was hard? Scarface in the XFA in Operation X is a true dick on Ace Difficulty 

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

You say ZOE was hard? Scarface in the XFA in Operation X is a true dick on Ace Difficulty 

Just because I always got him head on, that goddamn laser always took me by surprise

C.L.W

C.L.W

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Squad:AWWNB
  • Plane:ADFX-02 Morgan

Zero was funny. 

I kill Gelb instantly now days.

I used to destroy Gualt in tight formation, the system didn't detect the difference in coordinates, so I'd often kill 2 aces with 2 missiles. No aces were really impressive, except for Mobius and the espada team. Every ace in ACZ had their moments where they got mobius like, but it was to a shut off point. The Mobius from ACZ seemed to almost use AC6 physics, like those high g turns. 

After awhile you get the hang of it, i've shot down mobius about 100 times, you have to launch 4 XMAAs at his cockpit to kill him instantly, because he doesn't react fast enough.

Pasternak was kind of hard, because the UAVs would automatically stay in formation with you, like Shamrock, except spamming guns. Some strigon aces were hard, but they let themselves die a lot, like running into other planes' missiles; AC6 AI are just stupid sometimes. 

Voychek's CFA-44 was OP in Ace of Aces mission 1. He'd would hit me with 1 bullet at 100% and I would just die. good for no reason. 

Some planes in Ace of Aces mission 1 tried to act good for no reason too.

Flyuger was incredibly stupid, he would perfectly evade gunfire.

AnkaDewo

AnkaDewo

Rookie

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
Hmm... I must say, the most impressive bandits I ever encountered were Andrei Markov, the Alect Squadron (Fenrir), and Milosz Sulejmani.

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

Alect themselves weren't that hard. I've blasted all but one of them out of the sky in Ace using XLAAs the moment they appear.

Now, Alect in the Fenrir, however (or just Fenrir in general)...

BlazerAaron99

BlazerAaron99

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Squad:765th Air Division

Alect themselves weren't that hard. I've blasted all but one of them out of the sky in Ace using XLAAs the moment they appear.

Now, Alect in the Fenrir, however (or just Fenrir in general)...

I lost count of how many times I rafed trying to do 15B on ace. Most of them were because of those fucking Alects using their DOS to get behind me. I was as helpless as the friendly A.I

BTW I just S-ranked every mission on every difficulty. The worst one to S-Rank was Pinned Down l. Hated those Tornadoes who could turn on a dime and somehow outmanovuer (mind my spelling) an XFA-27 with max mobility as well as those A-10s . But there was also one guy that gave me an fun ride. On one of my 5 attempts to S-Rank it, there was this one MiG 21-93 that was flying through the canyon . I chased him through the canyon similar to the Razgriz fighting the Ofnir. I never saw a regular plane fly so similar to Scarface in Operation X

C.L.W

C.L.W

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Squad:AWWNB
  • Plane:ADFX-02 Morgan

lol was the guantlet easy or what man. I remember killing both wizard and mobius under 20 seconds.

The only really impressive enemies are online enemies in AC6 now days.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

Now, Alect in the Fenrir, however (or just Fenrir in general)...

They're deceptively simple actually. Like EVERY single ace I have fought, BnZ can absolutely murder. Of course, the issue is that the firing window is a bit smaller than I am used to and running is a bit of a pain due to how speed degrades as you fly lower, but still.

On another note, ACX's average AI difficulty is higher than in most titles since they evade pretty damn well on ace difficulty. Probably why I take a bit longer compared to say AC 2 where I can go ham full turnfighter mode and laugh at everything I face. Maybe I just need to play it more, just so I can finally figure out how to buttslap everyone, like how I recently found out how to evade AC 3 missiles at rather low speed, thus not making my Berkut seem like crap (though it is still inferior to the Delphie 3 imo).

kaiju_wars

kaiju_wars

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Squad:501st Joint Fighter Wing
  • Plane:F-2A Viper Zero

Honestly, the fight with Yellow Squadron in AC04.  It's the only squadron that gives me real trouble..

SkyEye MCCIX

SkyEye MCCIX

Rookie

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Squad:Anyone with a plane is my squad.
  • Plane:R-201 Asterozoa
I had a particularly annoying encounter with a regular bandit in Ace Combat 5; he was in a MiG-31 (you already know where this is going) and I was, as always, in a F-4E. I forgot the specific mission, but it was a daytime mission... Anyway, the guy appears, I get behind him, I fire some missiles, they miss, get behind again.... etc, you know the drill. Later, I glance at the timer, realizing that I had spent over six minutes with this MiG-31 guy. I get slightly pissed, and slightly impressed. I then manage to hit him with my gun (yes, he dodged like 12 missiles) for once. He instantly stops turning and levels (as if he had turned on the autopilot), and goes full afterburner away from me. You will never understand how fast those things are... I chase him, and couldn't keep up, so, in a desperate attempt for victory, I fire off more missiles... he outruns them... I then try to fire my gun, but he is well out of range by now.

I hope this counts for the topic, as it really isn't an Ace or a squadron, just a regular guy.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

I had a particularly annoying encounter with a regular bandit in Ace Combat 5; he was in a MiG-31 (you already know where this is going) and I was, as always, in a F-4E. I forgot the specific mission, but it was a daytime mission... Anyway, the guy appears, I get behind him, I fire some missiles, they miss, get behind again.... etc, you know the drill. Later, I glance at the timer, realizing that I had spent over six minutes with this MiG-31 guy. I get slightly pissed, and slightly impressed. I then manage to hit him with my gun (yes, he dodged like 12 missiles) for once. He instantly stops turning and levels (as if he had turned on the autopilot), and goes full afterburner away from me. You will never understand how fast those things are... I chase him, and couldn't keep up, so, in a desperate attempt for victory, I fire off more missiles... he outruns them... I then try to fire my gun, but he is well out of range by now.

I hope this counts for the topic, as it really isn't an Ace or a squadron, just a regular guy.

The only one that matchs your desciption (and the only one I remember) is the MiG-31M Cosm in the Desert Arrow mission

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users