Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Any TeamDeathMatch Videos worth watching?

Death Match Multiplayer Aces

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

ChrisZero7

ChrisZero7

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

ACI has an unusual way to show that not everything is predictable, yea they will hand you the "tools" maneuvers and all but to get anywhere to realistic…….that would be like saying - battlefield players want battlefield to be more realistic. To stick right behind an enemy and don't loose track of them, as for the Ai; they can be unpredictable & predictable at the same time (I'm staring at you Su-35's)…..it's pretty much the same thing when it comes to TDM, QAAM's are an example of logic being thrown out the window……its not an every day thing where you see a missile do loopy loops to hit a target after it misses the first time :/

Just an opinion

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

to answer the op:

no, there are no ace combat tdm videos worth watching.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Plane:Eurofighter Typhoon II

I don't think Blaze's videos even qualify for this guy. Blaze uses hit-and-run in normal TDM. He only pursues targets in Naval TDM.

hit and run or super cruise blitzing is a good strategy in crouded combat..except its not what i'm needing here..hell i know how to do that, any idiot does lol..what to learn about it.

Edited by GenWan, 19 April 2015 - 04:38 AM.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,137 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

What you're looking for doesn't exist. Even if you're right and Ace Combat does have the sophistication to let people fly the way you're describing, then nobody has ever taken advantage of it. That's the answer to your question, no matter what the answer to the other questions are.

About that though, maybe the easiest way for you to see how unrealistically planes behave in AC would be to try a serious flight sim like DCS World or Falcon 4.0 BMS. You'll see pretty quickly how different the flight models are.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

What you're looking for doesn't exist. Even if you're right and Ace Combat does have the sophistication to let people fly the way you're describing, then nobody has ever taken advantage of it. That's the answer to your question, no matter what the answer to the other questions are.

About that though, maybe the easiest way for you to see how unrealistically planes behave in AC would be to try a serious flight sim like DCS World or Falcon 4.0 BMS. You'll see pretty quickly how different the flight models are.

exactly what I was thinking, I know ace combat has enough for people to be able to do much more than i see done on youtube AC videos.

Arekasune

Arekasune

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • Plane:X-49 Night Raven

exactly what I was thinking, I know ace combat has enough for people to be able to do much more than i see done on youtube AC videos.

A year later and no, it doesn't. The only thing to do in TDM is watch your radar so you can avoid missiles, which you can do from any angle, at any time, as long as you know it's coming. Which you will, unless there's lag. When your plane can turn the complete opposite direction in literally half a second, and do so at Mach 2, real world maneuvers don't mean shit.

There are no tactics, there are no maneuvers. There's firing missiles as often as possible and getting lucky when someone isn't watching their radar.

Oh. And plane level. There's that, too.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,137 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

Well, no, that's not what I meant to say. Sorry I was unclear.

In the year since you last posted here, have you found anything like what you're looking for? Have you found any additional indication that what you're looking for is possible?

Callsign-YukiMizuki

Callsign-YukiMizuki

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

Not the best of the best, but a dog fighting A-10 with standard controls and cockpit view is not something you see everyday. We bite back, even in the Fighter's turf c: 

I really wish they would change the gun (and rockets) similar to those in HAWX 2. Dog fighting will be a hella lot more fun c:< 

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

Well, no, that's not what I meant to say. Sorry I was unclear.

In the year since you last posted here, have you found anything like what you're looking for? Have you found any additional indication that what you're looking for is possible?

lol I havent checked mail in while, probably in a year, so yes

well you accidentally nailed it then,I figured damn you're right that's the only explanation, honestly I havent played ACI I actually can't even have it for reasons I can't say..but I played 4 ,5 ,zero and 6, ( btw i hated 6 because of what they did with the guns) , so I don't know maybe ACI is different from Zero and 5?,but I saw players play zero and the unsung war, they play the same way they play ACI..so that tells me : you answered my question..(the game has potential but none is good enough to pull it off).

Edited by GenWan, 02 May 2016 - 03:42 PM.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

ridge racer is my favorite racing simulator

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

have you found anything like what you're looking for? Have you found any additional indication that what you're looking for is possible?

come on now!..when playing ace combat (any), havent you ever had this bandit or ace bandit dead close behind you, then you do a sharp air-brake and that bandit glides slowly passed you and appears  too large on the screen and your aircraft is just about to crash into it?..and it stays that way for few seconds too, now that's a sample of "what I'm looking for", now how to do the right pursuit to maintain it that way, so I figured I might find someone here help me with tips about it when I asked the question.

Edited by GenWan, 04 May 2016 - 01:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users