Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat Zero: Pure Audio project

seal clubber ost soundtrack duck360 rip game files hex arthrik music

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Arthrik

Arthrik

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Squad:Meteor
  • Plane:Mirage 2000-5

So here it is finally, a high quality Ace Combat Zero OST for us, westeners :D11042174_531312523673384_1027201117_n.jp

I worked for like 3 days to retrieve, analyse and then convert the audio files of Ace Combat Zero without affecting the quality. Required some good use of my fidel hexadecimal editor and the help of some librairies found around the web.

But, you will ask me, what does this OST has not in common with the existing soundtracks we can found on YouTube, no panic, here are my points:

_The files were digitally extracted, means there was no analog exchange, source of noise unless you have a true music studio. This is a part of what makes this OST superior to the YouTube ones

_The files are not compressed, from inside the game files to the final files, this is possible thanks to the FLAC audio format, which is lossless, unlike the MP3.

Naturally, the files are heavy ( the file weights 2go ) but this is one of the only cons for this singularity. Also, the project is not yet finished for Zero, as there will be a Disc 2, with the briefing musics, arcade and SP modes.

The current track list for the Disc 1:

01 - Glacial Skies      15 - The Inferno
02 - Annex                 16 - Waldreich Mountains
03 - B7R                    17 - The Stage of Apocalypse
04 - Contact               18 - Lying in Deceit
05 - Juggernaut          19 - The Final Overture
06 - Flicker of Hope    20 - Hresvelgr (Intro)
07 - Diapason             21 - Hresvelgr
08 - Gelb                     22 - The Demon of the Round Table
09 - Glatisant              23 - Glacial Skies ( TGS 2005 )
10 - Merlon                 24 - The Valley of Kings
11 - Unexpected         25 - Avalon
12 - Excalibur             26 - Zero
13 - Mayhem          
14 - The Round Table 

And of course, to finish, here is the link to the file:  https://drive.google...jAyWXBndkE/view

The project is possible due to the following tools:

_ Okteta https://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta/

_ vgmstream http://hcs64.com/vgmstream.html

_ Audacity 

Then, you can hope for Ace Combat 4 and 5 versions, but maybe later. Or probably, you'll do it yourself who knows... :)

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Funk
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

An admirable cause, I don't doubt. Thanks for bringing this to those who are reliant on YT and downloads.

That said...>YouTube.

I'll stick with getting it from a physical source, meng. MP3 doesn't bother me; if I can still jam to Mayhem and get patriotic feels from Diapason, I'll live.

V3y8xR2.jpg

Edited by Tomcat, 07 March 2015 - 09:23 PM.

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern
I'd've gotten the physical copy if it wasn't pricy. I got the next best thing, the iTunes version.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

i bought 5 and zero soundtracks from itunes

im all for a non youtube version of ac:04 though

Raef

Raef

Embrace the shit- be the shit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts
  • Squad:School of Hard-Cocks
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

There are already .flac versions around, and additionally- those are the complete playlist rather than just the mission-only tracks. 

Either way, if you are one of those people who have a solid external soundcard as well as a good pair of studio grade headphones that can provide top-notch quality... This is definitely for you.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,162 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

It's definitely good to have this as a resource.

pokeman7452

pokeman7452

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

The entire series' OST was/is sold in Japan on discs which can be ripped losslessly. You can find .flac downloads for most of them on a certain forum that is infamous for providing links to video game soundtracks. As for ripping them from the game disc, I already ripped the music from ACZ and AC5, which are stored in near-lossless ADPCM. Just saying that Youtube rips are hardly the quality standard to beat in terms of getting the AC sountracks :P

Arthrik

Arthrik

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts

Alright, following your advice, i will continue with AC:04. ANd then, i'll finish the Zero OST. Thanks for the comments :)

FREE THE [email protected] 1

FREE THE [email protected] 1

Local Legend

• Banned
  • 4,672 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified
I see through you. Ace Combat is a secret in joke of the Illuminati mocking Pearl Harbour.

Arthrik

Arthrik

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts
Hey, why do you think i only fly delta winged planes. But shh, that's a secret.. c;

rockshard

rockshard

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II

What a coincidence. I've been making a custom soundtrack for MotorStorm Arctic Edge using Audacity, using vgm from various games including Ace Combat Zero. (Glatisant) However I think the files I downloaded from downloads.khinsider.com are good enough for this purpose, here's why:

- I don't want to download a 2 gig file just for one song (Glatisant)

- MotorStorm Arctic Edge doesn't support anything over 256 kbps.

- I only know how to convert to 128 kbps. As far as I can tell, the only way to get higher is to export to flac rather than mp3.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • 4,802 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

- I only know how to convert to 128 kbps. As far as I can tell, the only way to get higher is to export to flac rather than mp3.

There's MP3 encoders such as LAME that let you go up to 320 kbps. The difference is virtually null for most people and audio setups anyway.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: seal clubber, ost, soundtrack, duck360, rip, game files, hex, arthrik, music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users