Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Help! Cutscene skipping glitch?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

rockshard

rockshard

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II
I experienced this strange issue in Ace Combat X where the cutscene suddenly ends even though I hadn't pressed any button.

Things to know:
- It happened in two different copies of the game.
- In each copy, the cutscene ended at a different time. I was able to watch the cutscene in one copy but not the other. But maybe it just happens at random.
- It happens during in-game cutscenes ONLY. (for example, when the Gleipnir crashes) The anime story scenes and the scenes explain the mission paths are never interrupted.
- I hadn't experienced this issue in any other game, not even Ace Combat Joint Assault which I had just played today.
- I never remember this happening in Ace Combat X before, although last time I had played it on a PSP 2000, not a 3000 like I'm using now.
- This would seem to indicate that my psp is pressing buttons on its own, but I have yet to notice this in any other game, or during gameplay. If the game suddenly paused on its own or I fired a missile without pressing the button, I would have noticed that! But it seems to occur ONLY during cutscenes and only cutscenes of that specific type.

The only explanation I can think of is that either both of my ace combat discs are scratched, or, this is a glitch that is unique to the psp-3000.

What I should probably do, is replay the same mission multiple times to see if that happens at the exact same place each time. If it does, then it means the disc is at fault.

okay, now that I wrote ALL THAT (on a touchscreen keyboard no less) it starts to look like the disc is the problem. At least, that would be the most concise explanation. I'll find out soon enough. Just in case, Ill leave this topic up. Besides, Id hate to have to retype this later.

Also, its kind of unusual behavior for a scratched disc. Audio skipping, sure, but cutscenes skipping on its own? Why?

What would be scary actually is if the mic button is being pressed and that's causing it. I should test that as well.

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW 'Lancers'
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle
Not to worry, to me happens the same, even Tomcat had that bug while making a video

rockshard

rockshard

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
I guess that means my copy is fine, then. Very relieved to hear this! Thanks for letting me know. (See, I knew this thread was a good idea.) :P

BlazerAaron99

BlazerAaron99

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Squad:765th Air Division
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

I experienced this strange issue in Ace Combat X where the cutscene suddenly ends even though I hadn't pressed any button.

Things to know:
- It happened in two different copies of the game.
- In each copy, the cutscene ended at a different time. I was able to watch the cutscene in one copy but not the other. But maybe it just happens at random.
- It happens during in-game cutscenes ONLY. (for example, when the Gleipnir crashes) The anime story scenes and the scenes explain the mission paths are never interrupted.
- I hadn't experienced this issue in any other game, not even Ace Combat Joint Assault which I had just played today.
- I never remember this happening in Ace Combat X before, although last time I had played it on a PSP 2000, not a 3000 like I'm using now.
- This would seem to indicate that my psp is pressing buttons on its own, but I have yet to notice this in any other game, or during gameplay. If the game suddenly paused on its own or I fired a missile without pressing the button, I would have noticed that! But it seems to occur ONLY during cutscenes and only cutscenes of that specific type.

The only explanation I can think of is that either both of my ace combat discs are scratched, or, this is a glitch that is unique to the psp-3000.

What I should probably do, is replay the same mission multiple times to see if that happens at the exact same place each time. If it does, then it means the disc is at fault.

okay, now that I wrote ALL THAT (on a touchscreen keyboard no less) it starts to look like the disc is the problem. At least, that would be the most concise explanation. I'll find out soon enough. Just in case, Ill leave this topic up. Besides, Id hate to have to retype this later.

Also, its kind of unusual behavior for a scratched disc. Audio skipping, sure, but cutscenes skipping on its own? Why?

What would be scary actually is if the mic button is being pressed and that's causing it. I should test that as well.

Its the only problem I have with the game. Everytime I want to enjoy 15B's great ending, it always skips. How I rage so much

CarrierBuzzard

CarrierBuzzard

Phantom Phanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts
>Frame Rate Lag

Now that was THE WORST:

I do have cutscene skipping though. I hope it doesn't happen to me when I start my ACX walkthrough, hopefully.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Funk
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

The cutscene skipping is an inherent glitch in any playing of ACX outside of emulators. And as Chopper said, it happened to me during a video, hands were nowhere near the PSP at the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users