Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Is Blaze Cipher's son?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

ThirstierRug19

ThirstierRug19

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

I started this after seeing the AC theories on TVTropes. Is it possible, that Blaze is the son of the Demon Lord? I have a few points here:

1. The cutscene after ACZ's The Stage of Apocalypse shows a man and a child watching one of the nuclear detonations. Since you only see their silhouetted figures and not their faces, the man is possible Cipher and the little boy who's hand he's holding can either be his biological or adopted son Blaze.

2. If Strangereal's timeline suggest that the little boy could possibly be 5, than 15 years later he'd be 20 and eligible to become a rookie OADF pilot.

3. This may also explain how Blaze is such a freakin' beast on the battlefield, pretty much striking down all opposition.

4. AC04 and Operation Katina might have been Cipher's last war, since I think he was in his late 20's during the Belkan War. If this is the case, than he would have been in his very late 30's by the time the Usean Continental War happened. Operation Katina called Cipher, now Mobius One, back into the cockpit possibly for the last time. After that, Cipher possibly retired and went off the grid, possibly to avoid retribution from his enemies.

What do you guys think? Is Blaze potentially Cipher's son?

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern
No.

CarrierBuzzard

CarrierBuzzard

Phantom Phanatic

• Members
  • 3,456 posts
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II

No.

Pops

Good answer.

FREE THE [email protected] 1

Local Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified
WHATCHU SAYIN BOUT MAH BOI. no seriously though, that's dumb and you're dumb.

Upeon johtaja

Upeon johtaja

Rookie

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Squad:OADF 5th Air Wing
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II

That's an interesting question, but as a Cipher, i wonder who's Blaze's mom...

Local Legend

• Banned
  • 4,672 posts

1. The cutscene after ACZ's The Stage of Apocalypse shows a man and a child watching one of the nuclear detonations. Since you only see their silhouetted figures and not their faces, the man is possible Cipher and the little boy who's hand he's holding can either be his biological or adopted son Blaze.

Yo, remember the mission where you gotta catch the nukes but it turns out that you got rused and then the Belkans use the nukes?

Yeah, Cipher's kind of... in the air, when the bombs go off.

You're still dumb.

Edited by FREE THE [email protected] 1, 17 November 2014 - 11:17 AM.

ZerstorungBiscuit

ZerstorungBiscuit

Autism Therapy Chicken

• Banned
  • 3,201 posts
  • Squad:Der Funkmeisters, FA
  • Plane:Rafale M

Nah, Garuda 1 is his son.  He moved to Anea with PJ's ex girlfriend.

Skope Hogan

Skope Hogan

Highway to the Dangerzone

• Members
  • 6,192 posts
  • Squad:Funky Squadron
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

I started this after seeing the AC theories on TVTropes. Is it possible, that Blaze is the son of the Demon Lord? I have a few points here:

2. If Strangereal's timeline suggest that the little boy could possibly be 5, than 15 years later he'd be 20 and eligible to become a rookie OADF pilot.

3. This may also explain how Blaze is such a freakin' beast on the battlefield, pretty much striking down all opposition.

4. AC04 and Operation Katina might have been Cipher's last war, since I think he was in his late 20's during the Belkan War. If this is the case, than he would have been in his very late 30's by the time the Usean Continental War happened. Operation Katina called Cipher, now Mobius One, back into the cockpit possibly for the last time. After that, Cipher possibly retired and went off the grid, possibly to avoid retribution from his enemies.

Jovy2Un.png

Local Legend

• Banned
  • 4,672 posts

JhwIVR1.pngJhwIVR1.pngJhwIVR1.pngJhwIVR1.pngJhwIVR1.pngJhwIVR1.pngJhwIVR1.pngJhwIVR1.pngJhwIVR1.pngJhwIVR1.pngJhwIVR1.pngJhwIVR1.pngJhwIVR1.pngJhwIVR1.pngJhwIVR1.pngJhwIVR1.png

Jim

Jim

Technicolour Dreamboat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Squad:Available for 2 shillings and an orange peel
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen
Why do people keep coming up with these stupid theories?

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • 3,151 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern
If Blaze was Cipher's son, you'd think they'd bring it up.

Dumb thread is dumb. Mods pls lock.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

害酷人

• Global Moderators
  • 7,173 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

I started this after seeing the AC theories on TVTropes.

Oh boy.

Is it possible, that Blaze is the son of the Demon Lord? I have a few points here:

As Quinn said, he was in the air at the time, so that's not possible. Also, even if it were possible, taking your son to see a ground level nuclear explosion with radiation and fallout would be maybe the worst parenting ever.

Something being possible doesn't make it true.

That's par for the course in Strangereal.

This has nothing to do with whether or not Blaze is Cipher's son.

1. A game creator wouldn't do something like that unless there were a narrative reason, and there is none. So even if it's possible, there's no reason to suppose it true.
2. Of your four points, three of them have anything to do with whether or not Cipher is Blaze's son, the first one is outright wrong, and the other two are ancillary to the first.
3. No.

Not to mention, it's an empty theory. Even if it were true, it would have no significance for how we'd interpret the game. Is Blaze an AI? Is Blaze a clone of Nagase's father? It doesn't matter, because who Blaze is never figures in the story. This is a problem common to the great bulk of TVTropes thinking, but it's especially prevalent in WMG pages.

...well, I suppose if Blaze were a clone of Nagase's father, that'd put her wanting to protect him in a new light, but that's beside the point.

Next time you're in class, ask your English/Lit teacher more about what makes a valid reading of a piece of media. They'll probably explain some of this better than me, and I'm sure they'd love to hear someone curious about the subject.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

Well using the same logic I call claim that every Strangereal AC silent protagonist except Falco 1 is the same guy (almost chronologically possible), but that doesn't make it true. And let's not forget one silly aspect you've been missing: fame.

Cipher had a reputation of being the greatest ace in the Belkan War without contest whatsoever. The arena of EVERY ace is B7R, so anyone that even remotely has a clue about air combat would at least know about the place and certainly would know about the fact that aces in the Belkan War used it as a skill proving ground. This includes all your wingmen in the series. Not knowing they say? Well, the Belkans pulled a Nazi Germany on multiple countries. How is that NOT noticeable? It's like the equivalent of not knowing who Erich Hartmann is as an air force pilot. It's extremely unlikely and even at that point some schmuck will mention him because "OMG 352 kilz!!!!!!". It is literally impossible for such a thing to be buried like that unless Strangereal's censorship is worse than North Korea's.

And then we get onto the other silent protagonists. Blaze was a rookie. Assigned as Wardog 4. Most of the time the higher number means the pilot still hasn't proven his worth, so he's a 4. If he was Cipher or Cipher's son, it would be literally impossible for people to not talk to him saying "OMG UR TEH SAN OF CIFUR????????". And there's two goddamn Belkan War vets in there, one being YOUR OWN SQUAD LEADER. Why the hell would he think quite lowly of him at first if he was the direct descendant of the goddamn cream of the crop of the entire Belkan War? That makes zero sense.

Now, with Mobius 1, he's known for starting from rookie to the greatest ace in ISAF in 9 months. Such a reputation wouldn't even exist if he was a direct descendant of Cipher. Now before you jump onto the Nagase bandwagon and saying that Kei from AC 5 likes Blaze because he saved her sister (apparently), do know that the whole Nagase thing is being thrown around more than anything. That in itself means that it's extremely unlikely for Mobius 1 to be related to Cipher. That and with the whole Nagase thing, all we can conclude is that there's quite a lot of action in the Nagase family. Yes I did go there.

Rinse and repeat for the rest. The fame from being the greatest ace in one of the biggest wars and having a 100% success rate in every single ace encounter in the unofficial ace arena that is B7R is impossible to wipe, even as a descendant. The sheer fame that every single silent protagonist in Strangereal holds means that your theory is literally just a brainfart. This is why it's more likely for each silent protagonist to be completely different people than anything else.

However, one thing that's even more obvious is that Falco 1 is definitely separate from this whole mess.

Edited by Hue, 17 November 2014 - 01:51 PM.

Hat

Hat

nyoom~

• Members
  • 4,684 posts
  • Squad:8.5AD
  • Plane:CH-47D Chinook

swood

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
  • Squad:FA
  • Plane:F-15SG Eagle

No.  This is everything wrong with fanfiction.

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • Plane:E-767

Since we're in a nonsense roll here...

Takata's logo eerily reminds me of Grunder Industries.

I shudder every time I see them on the news.

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW 'Lancers'
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

No, Cipher was in the air and heading to Sudentor, then changed course to Heierlak base when nukes exploded.

And... why we would care about Blaze being Cipher's son? doesn't change being aside of the most annoying woman in the airforce.

Takata's logo eerily reminds me of Grunder Industries.

Loool! Now I'll never see nothing else than Grunder's Logo, darn you  :D  :D

Jim

Jim

Technicolour Dreamboat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Squad:Available for 2 shillings and an orange peel
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

Pixy: "Here comes the snow."

Snow=marcus snow

pixy is sordsman from Ac5 confirmed

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Funk
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

Actually I think this is a very credible theory due to the following and OBVIOUSLY legitimate logic:

The girl at the end of AC5 (reading the book) is clearly the Razgriz love child (don't even deny it BlazexNagase OTP MiG-15s). And by that logic and the look of her age it must be assumed that the year is 2018 at the latest, meaning she'll be in her 20s by the time we get around to the tech developments and corporatocracies leading up to AC3. Thus gene altering and time travel are OBVIOUSLY possible and are in fact monopolised.

Intent on finding out her roots because OBVIOUSLY her parents were so hush-hush about being fugitive demon pilots that they never told her shit all, she got a seamless sex change and went back in time to 1995 just 'cause. Somehow (I can't even explain because to describe it would have your brains explode in awe) this 20-something man got a sweet gig as a mercenary and killed Belkans because it was awesome and (s)he got paid for it.

Then (s)he meets some local tail and after the war we get a bastard love child.

Thus, Blaze's kid is his own father. Confirmed. Don't even argue.

Edited by Tomcat, 24 November 2014 - 05:39 PM.

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW 'Lancers'
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

Actually I think this is a very credible theory due to the following and OBVIOUSLY legitimate logic:

The girl at the end of AC5 (reading the book) is clearly the Razgriz love child (don't even deny it BlazexNagase OTP MiG-15s). And by that logic and the look of her age it must be assumed that the year is 2018 at the latest, meaning she'll be in her 20s by the time we get around to the tech developments and corporatocracies leading up to AC3. Thus gene altering and time travel are OBVIOUSLY possible and are in fact monopolised.

Intent on finding out her roots because OBVIOUSLY her parents were so hush-hush about being fugitive demon pilots that they never told her shit all, she got a seamless sex change and went back in time to 1995 just 'cause. Somehow (I can't even explain because to describe it would have your brains explode in awe) this 20-something man got a sweet gig as a mercenary and killed Belkans because it was awesome and (s)he got paid for it.

Then (s)he meets some local tail and after the war we get a bastard love child.

Thus, Blaze's kid is his own father. Confirmed. Don't even argue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users