Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

In memory of Rean Wash

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
  • Squad:FA
  • Plane:F-15SG Eagle

scrCw4b.jpg

Rebecca Vachon

1989 - 2014

Rean Wash, a friend to many of us and longtime ACS user, took her own life last Thursday.  She will be deeply missed by those of us who had the privilege of knowing her, and remembered as a good friend who had a positive impact on our lives.  Her family requested that her friends make donations to the Trevor Project in memory of her, a charity that runs suicide hotlines for LGBT youth and promotes a culture of inclusivity.  She suffered a great deal as a result of her gender identity, and it's a cause that she would have been happy to see supported. 

The memorial donation page can be found here (if that link doesn't work, visit Donate -> Make a Gift -> Give Now -> Memorials and Tributes from their homepage).  Make the donation in memory of Rebecca Vachon. 

On a personal note, I know the terrible lack of closure felt when a friend dies suddenly, and I've felt that emptiness for the past week as I'm sure many of you have.  Doing good in her name, both through charity today and tolerant behavior in the future, is an expression of how we felt for her, and the best goodbye that we can offer.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

Damn... I remember her from back in the day, though we never actually talked or anything. Actually hearing the details of her passing comes off as quite a shock, not to mention a source of anger. Anger at the circumstances that could lead someone to make such a decision.

I don't really have any money I can call my own which I could donate, but at the very least, my thoughts are with her family and friends.

Edited by PositronCannon, 29 October 2014 - 07:33 PM.

Yellow 5

Yellow 5

Battle-Seasoned Nugget Leader -Extra Crispy-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Squad:OADF
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle

Damn... I remember her from back in the day, though we never actually talked or anything. Actually hearing the details of her passing comes off as quite a shock, not to mention a source of anger. Anger at the circumstances that could lead someone to make such a decision.

I don't really have any money I can call my own which I could use to donate, but at the very least, my thoughts are with her family and friends. 

This^ Down to the letter.

I -can- however do what I can to hype the Trevor Project wherever possible.

RazgrizRogue

RazgrizRogue

Scrub McNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Squad:Funky Squadron
  • Plane:Ka-25 Hormone

I don't really have any money I can call my own which I could donate, but at the very least, my thoughts are with her family and friends.

^^^ This as well. As a member of the OF and Lancers I vaguely interacted with her. I can't say I ever really knew her but it's always off-putting to have someone you've interacted with die, especially in this way. My thoughts go to her family and friends.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Should I link the thread that was already running in Open Discussion about this?   Nemo pinned it so it wouldn't be missed. 

Thanks, BTW, for the 'quick' response to my question about who to give in memory of (posted 3 days ago). 

Since no one deigned to answer, I gave in Rean Wash's memory.  However, I believe the support is important in itself, regardless of whose name it is under.

I liked her.

alphazoid

alphazoid

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Squad:Looking
  • Plane:CFA-44 Nosferatu

I did not know her, however, I still am saddened by her death. any loss is a tremendous one among such a close-knit group. I wish that I can be as close to this group as she was. like you, I cannot help the family, but my condolences are going with those in her life.

C.L.W

C.L.W

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Squad:AWWNB
  • Plane:ADFX-02 Morgan
This is bad. I feel so sorry for her.

What was her member name??

CarrierBuzzard

CarrierBuzzard

Phantom Phanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II

This is bad. I feel so sorry for her.

What was her member name??

rean wash

Parawxysm

Parawxysm

That was something else entirely...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Squad:SARF
  • Plane:R-311 Remora

Wow RIP.

Aqua Roach

Aqua Roach

This isn't giving up, no this is letting go.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  • Squad:345th Fighter Squadron
  • Plane:Rafale C

I hate to be this late to this, but I have been out of the ACS community loop for years.

This is quite shocking and very sad.

Rebbecca, Rean, was a dear friend to me, and the rest of the Lancers back in the day. She was always energetic and eager to help us during the founding years of The Lancers.

She created many graphics and even fanfics for us. Most all founding members left during the following years but she stuck around and popped in from time to time.

A true Lancer, a true friend. We will all miss you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users