Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Not sure if anyone noticed...

M2KD AC5 Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

CarrierBuzzard

CarrierBuzzard

Phantom Phanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts

I was playing "four horsemen" today on AC5 and picked my so called UGBL equipped Mirage 2KD for the big explosion on the factories, only to sortie in the mission and see it was just carrying plain old UGB.

Is that a bug, a glitch, or just an error? I was actually kind of saddened. 14 UGBL is a nice payload. I thought it carried UGBL; it said so on the plane select screen.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

I want to think it was a mistake because IIRC the 2000D is classed as an attacker, and an attacker having the same SPW loadout as the F-16C is kind of... yeah.

Meanwhile the F-16C got 14 UGBLs in ACZ making it one of the best bombers short of FAEB top tiers. I just joke that the ACZ F-16C stole the UGBLs that the Mirage was supposed to have in AC5. Just like the weirdness with the F-2 having 20 XMAAs, more than the Raptor... I think someone's Japanese bias led them to type a "2" instead of a "1".

Edited by PositronCannon, 23 October 2014 - 09:02 PM.

CarrierBuzzard

CarrierBuzzard

Phantom Phanatic

• Members
  • 3,446 posts

I want to think it was a mistake because IIRC the 2000D is classed as an attacker, and an attacker having the same SPW loadout as the F-16C is kind of... yeah.

Meanwhile the F-16C got 14 UGBLs in ACZ making it one of the best bombers short of FAEB top tiers. I just joke that the ACZ F-16C stole the UGBLs that the Mirage was supposed to have in AC5. Just like the weirdness with the F-2 having 20 XMAAs, more than the Raptor... I think someone's Japanese bias led them to type a "2" instead of a "1".

I haven't reached the F-16C in ACZ yet, but wow. Didn't know that. As an attacker I would've thought an UGBL M2KD would be fair. But now, I figured, no reason to use it over F-16 in AC5. It would've been nice to have a middle ground UGBL attacker that looks really nice, but isn't horrifically overpowered like the 18 UGBL Flatpack or horrifically bad 10 UGBL AE-6. Ah well.

Just trying to get everything in AC5 first, then move on to ACZ. Didn't expect a weapon typo along the way...but yeah, pretty disappointed.

RoguexGuadian

RoguexGuadian

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

I haven't reached the F-16C in ACZ yet, but wow. Didn't know that. As an attacker I would've thought an UGBL M2KD would be fair. But now, I figured, no reason to use it over F-16 in AC5. It would've been nice to have a middle ground UGBL attacker that looks really nice, but isn't horrifically overpowered like the 18 UGBL Flatpack or horrifically bad 10 UGBL AE-6. Ah well.

Just trying to get everything in AC5 first, then move on to ACZ. Didn't expect a weapon typo along the way...but yeah, pretty disappointed.

Be VERY CAREFUL of a Wvern SP paint glitch if youre trying to get EVERYTHING...

Also keep your eyes out for the rare Arkbird bug XD 

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Be VERY CAREFUL of a Wvern SP paint glitch if youre trying to get EVERYTHING...

Also keep your eyes out for the rare Arkbird bug XD 

Don't clear the campain on HARD unless you have bought the Wyvern or you'll never get the SP color

Destroy Arkbird's last engine fast or it will begin to move like a Yellow Su-37

CarrierBuzzard

CarrierBuzzard

Phantom Phanatic

• Members
  • 3,446 posts

Don't clear the campain on HARD unless you have bought the Wyvern or you'll never get the SP color

Destroy Arkbird's last engine fast or it will begin to move like a Yellow Su-37

What do you mean? I've already beat the game on hard but don't have the Wyvern just yet; I have an S Rank on every mission except 16A Desert Arrow which I haven't played yet.

Could you please clarify? I'm starting to get a little nervous ;(

RoguexGuadian

RoguexGuadian

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

What do you mean? I've already beat the game on hard but don't have the Wyvern just yet; I have an S Rank on every mission except 16A Desert Arrow which I haven't played yet.

Could you please clarify? I'm starting to get a little nervous ;(

OK Whatever you do.. DONT PLAY THAT MISSION! Once you buy every plane, youll have the wyvern unlocked & ready to buy. However... Get the FALKEN first, then the Wyvern. Play 16A on anything BUT HARD. Until you buy 1 Wyvern first, DONT PLAY THAT MISSION ON HARD! 

Edited by RoguexGuadian, 24 October 2014 - 07:09 AM.

CarrierBuzzard

CarrierBuzzard

Phantom Phanatic

• Members
  • 3,446 posts

OK Whatever you do.. DONT PLAY THAT MISSION! Once you buy every plane, youll have the wyvern unlocked & ready to buy. However... Get the FALKEN first, then the Wyvern. Play 16A on anything BUT HARD. Until you buy 1 Wyvern first, DONT PLAY THAT MISSION ON HARD!

Thanks for the heads up, rogue. Didn't know that. So I'll get the Falken first. Damn, I need a lot of work. I only have the Rafale B, F-4G and X, and M2KD variants unlocked.

Looks like I'm off to grind...do I play on expert or Normal?

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

It actually goes beyond that. Back in the day, people found out there's more issues with the X-02 SP paint, mainly that even if you do it like that, it may still fail to unlock. I should know, it happened to me twice. Eventually the cause was discovered: using the retry option. There seems to be a chance that using retry after you die (or from pause menu) causes weird stuff to happen, most notably the X-02 glitch. Once I started avoiding the retry option and just went back to the main menu every time, I never had an issue anymore, and other people were reporting the same, so there's some truth to it.

RoguexGuadian

RoguexGuadian

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Thanks for the heads up, rogue. Didn't know that. So I'll get the Falken first. Damn, I need a lot of work. I only have the Rafale B, F-4G and X, and M2KD variants unlocked.

Looks like I'm off to grind...do I play on expert or Normal?

Anything but hard. Also I meant unlock the FALKEN first, then the wyvern . Play Sea Of Chaos for the best grinding on Kill count bars. Oh yeah.. All S ranks on Expert unlocks FALKEN SP paint. Though (luckily) it doesn't suffer from a glitch. I tested it accidentally XD

It actually goes beyond that. Back in the day, people found out there's more issues with the X-02 SP paint, mainly that even if you do it like that, it may still fail to unlock. I should know, it happened to me twice. Eventually the cause was discovered: using the retry option. There seems to be a chance that using retry after you die (or from pause menu) causes weird stuff to happen, most notably the X-02 glitch. Once I started avoiding the retry option and just went back to the main menu every time, I never had an issue anymore, and other people were reporting the same, so there's some truth to it.

Oh yeah... That too... Why such a buggy paint I wonder?... I cant be bothered to go through a new game, at least not right now. I have everything unlocked. All medals & such... maybe when I get bored...

Edited by RoguexGuadian, 24 October 2014 - 07:31 AM.

CarrierBuzzard

CarrierBuzzard

Phantom Phanatic

• Members
  • 3,446 posts
Alright. Thanks. How much does 1 Sea Of Choas mission full the kill count bar??

RoguexGuadian

RoguexGuadian

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Alright. Thanks. How much does 1 Sea Of Choas mission full the kill count bar??

Usually at least half way if not more. Depends on the plane.