Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Moulin Rouge

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

spellca

spellca

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

I have wanted to know for a long time what city San Salvacion was based on, for a long time I thought it might be Lille but it seems that I was wrong and its paris but more specifically Montmartre. During the game in the Sky kid bar the posters show it

to the left of 13 is a Moulin Rouge poster

bf5z.png

kd5b.png

hoos.png

a poster for La Goulue (behind the barkeeps head, you can see it better a second earlier but my screenshot button is giving me problems) and Aristide Bruant (behind 4's head)

353ac6.png

the poster behind baldy 

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

害酷人

• Global Moderators
  • 7,166 posts

Woah. I never noticed that before.

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts

I thought the Arc de Triompe, Place de l'Etoile, and Champs-Elysees in the mission itself were kind of a dead giveaway.  Cool find though.

spellca

spellca

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

it really should have been but for two reasons I with held judgment

one was that some cities in ace combat have landmarks from cites they are not based one, oured has the Sears tower and the Chrysler building while Gracemeria looks geographically like New York but has more European looking buildings, San Salvacion also looked smaller than paris as just side note and it being describe as being fought over in many wars reminded me of Lille which was the location of a 2007 showing of Ace Combat 04's cut scenes among other things which lead me to think it might have been that city. However this sort of proves its supposed to be Paris like everyone else thought