Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

PSA: High Scoring Matches, The ACI Community, and You

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

obliviondoll

obliviondoll

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Plane:Su-47 Firkin

1900's jumping into 1600 games and below aren't always intentional. They can be quick joins.

Source: I'm a 1900.

HI SNEAKY!!!! :ph34r:

sneakysnake128

sneakysnake128

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Plane:ASF-X Shinden II

hello!

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Well i think is not that ppl with higher rate and planes are better they just have more money, i have beaten guys playing with pak-fa´s and raptors with a mig-21 level 6 maybe i had luck and all the enemy planes were showing me their ass and i shoot them down really quick.

hello!

HELLO AND WELCOME

urrmurrmur

urrmurrmur

Rookie

• Members
  • 45 posts

Just to offer a perspective fom the other end here: I have a mid 1500 rating, I usually fly an unupgraded Hornet (I prefer saving money for different planes / equipment), until yesterday I hadn't spent any money on fuel (don't have that much time to play anyway), and oh yes, I'm just not very good.

I don't mind being matched with high rated players. The only thing I find slightly annoying about it is, if there's only one 1900 in a room full of 15/1600s, you can pretty much tell which team is going to win from the start. But I only win about 50% of my matches anyway, so whatever.

In fact I find it much more frustrating to end up with a bottom three score in a room full of equally matched players, because you don't have any excuses then. If I get my ass handed to me by a raptor or somesuch, at least I can lie to myself and pretend I've only been beaten because of an equipment imbalance :D

On the other hand, one of my most enjoyable matches was with an 1800 in an upgraded Mudhen who had just scored 75k to my 18k the match before. The next one I managed to keep trailing him in points right up to the end of the emergency mission, when we both sat around 35k. Then he pulled away, but I was still happy to have hung on that long.

EDIT: Then again, I very rarely score below 15k and have been a fan of the series since Air combat, so it's not entirely the same as curbstomping new players in F4s so they can barely reach 10000 points. Although for that to happen, you either have to be VERY bad or matched up against more than one high level player.

Edited by urrmurrmur, 12 June 2014 - 04:52 AM.

Terrachova

Terrachova

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Sometimes, even with an 1800 rating, I can only find battles in the 1500-1600 rating.  When that happens... what am I to do?  Just not play?

I do agree with the thread though.  So, what I do in those cases is match my plane choice to that of the others in the room, or less.  If I see F-15Cs and beyond, I'll take the Su-35... anything higher, I might take out the MiG-29 (which is a fair bit better than the 35 at level 8).

Lower though... that's what the F-4G and MiG-21 are for!  I can still do well, but in the Fishbed, its a challenge to simply keep up in terms of speed.

PhantomII

PhantomII

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II

I ride my Lv. 4 Phantom II or Lev. 4 Falcon regardless of the matchup...

fyeah.jpg

But, that's because I buy gobs of equipment and just focus on leveling up low tier planes lol. I rarely score outside the top 4 so my rating still goes up.

NineZeroZeroOne

NineZeroZeroOne

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Squad:Interested in joining one.
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

I have a rating of 2200. If I don't set my lobbies to No Restrictions, I can't fill my lobbies. It gets worse when people with high ratings don't stick around very long, and then I have to wait long periods to get another game going. I'd rather not resort to adding in CPUs and playing 6 or 4 player games.

'Widest range' used to be good since it would keep out the 1400s and below (as well as most low-rated 1500s) but it's started to keep out the 1600s and even low 1700s.

It would be better if equally-skilled players stuck together to play their matches. It's just not always the case. This is why I send out invites all the time.

I'm actually looking for input on this. I just hosted a 'wide range' lobby and didn't get any joiners for fifteen minutes before giving up. I'm trying again on 'widest range' and seeing if I can get the lobby to fill.

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
  • Squad:FA
  • Plane:F-15SG Eagle

I have a rating of 2200. If I don't set my lobbies to No Restrictions, I can't fill my lobbies. It gets worse when people with high ratings don't stick around very long, and then I have to wait long periods to get another game going. I'd rather not resort to adding in CPUs and playing 6 or 4 player games.

'Widest range' used to be good since it would keep out the 1400s and below (as well as most low-rated 1500s) but it's started to keep out the 1600s and even low 1700s.

It would be better if equally-skilled players stuck together to play their matches. It's just not always the case. This is why I send out invites all the time.

I'm actually looking for input on this. I just hosted a 'wide range' lobby and didn't get any joiners for fifteen minutes before giving up. I'm trying again on 'widest range' and seeing if I can get the lobby to fill.

I CAN'T IMAGINE WHY

FREE THE [email protected] 1

Local Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

Seal-clubbing's illegal where I'm from.

Valk

Valk

The Man Who Sold The World

• Banned
  • 4,758 posts
  • Squad:Funky Dogs
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

git bad

NineZeroZeroOne

NineZeroZeroOne

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

I CAN'T IMAGINE WHY

Seal-clubbing's illegal where I'm from.

Rather than being an unhelpful jackass, maybe you could offer something constructive. If you don't have anything constructive, shut the hell up, because then talking makes you part of the problem.

Local Legend

• Banned
  • 4,672 posts

READ THE OP

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW
Steady, gentlemen....

Local Legend

• Banned
  • 4,672 posts

Seriously, the man's complaining because he's stomped pubbies so hard nobody can join his sessions

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
Yeah, I dig. But try and keep it down to snide remarks. Out and out unkind words have a way of escalating around here, you know that.

And 9001? Chill a bit, man, you're coming across as very confrontational, and I know some of our regulars just live for that. You do appear to have dug yourself a hole. It's gonna be up to you to find a way out.

Good luck.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

Maybe I should just stick to flying my F-117 to lower my rating...

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
If you're earning it in balanced matches, and not by, as they say, seal-clubbing, it's cool.

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
  • Squad:FA
  • Plane:F-15SG Eagle

I know some of our regulars just live for that.

MOX4MDv.png

NineZeroZeroOne

NineZeroZeroOne

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Happy to say that with a few invites and some patience, I managed to get a Widest Range lobby going. The players were good enough that it wasn't a seal-clubbing fest, mostly 1600s and 1700s, with the occasional 1800 and 1900. I was outscored a few times and the majority of results were S-ranks.

You were right, and I intend to continue this for the future.

So are we good?

Hekongaro

Hekongaro

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Plane:F-2A Viper Zero

It's pretty simple, you're hosting, so if people don't want to attend your party they can simply leave & go to another.

The problem here is with sharks jumping in the bowl with minnows. If minnows jump in the ocean with the sharks, well that's their problem.

*shrugs* My opinion anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users