Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

PSA: High Scoring Matches, The ACI Community, and You

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

Yellow 5

Yellow 5

Battle-Seasoned Nugget Leader -Extra Crispy-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Squad:OADF
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle

No, they're lower, mine is around 1620, which is above average, 1400 is below average, 1500 is average. If someone has around 2000 they're VERY good.

Valk

Valk

The Man Who Sold The World

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts
  • Squad:Funky Dogs
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
A lot of you are missing the point. Is it better to do shitty and get an S thanks to a high level player than to do okay on your own and get a B? Yes, in most cases.

However, it is extremely demoralizing to new players, and that, not a lack of good credit rewards, is what will actively discourage people from playing this game.

PhantomII

PhantomII

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II

And I think that's an issue with any online multiplayer game, especially one like ACI that rewards long-time play despite the set limits. I remember trying out EvE 514 and experienced the same "I'm completely outclassed" issue. Now Mass Effect 3 was similar to ACI, but the "special" drops that would appear after events and things would always be there as new players came along. My first time playing that one was a year after the initial release and my starting weapons ended up being on par with some veterans within a few matches thanks to these rewards. Even if you paid real money for weapon chests you were not rewarded like you are in ACI when you pay for tons of fuel. It was totally random. Namco should develop some sort of starter pack for new players that start them off with a little more than an Lv.1 F-4E. If they don't, I don't see ACI lasting much longer than summer.

Yellow 5

Yellow 5

Battle-Seasoned Nugget Leader -Extra Crispy-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle

I got the F-16C after 3-4 battles, and that worked great until I got the F-15. I think progression is fine as it is. If you're "directed" with the research, you can move along the tree at a pretty good rate, even without buying fuel. I think DLC for a better starter-craft is unnesecary, especially since the early planes are very capable if you have some practice.

Edited by Yellow 5, 10 June 2014 - 04:06 PM.

PhantomII

PhantomII

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II

But, what happens in 2-3 months when the majority of guys online are high level with high level planes? I understand what you're saying about planning your research and that's fine for now, but I'm thinking more long-term. This game is set up very similar to EvE: Dust 514 and new comers didn't stand a chance unless you dropped major cash on upgrades before you tried to join a match. But, maybe I'm trying to read too far into the future here...

Argonaut

Argonaut

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Plane:MiG-31M Foxhound-B

A lot of you are missing the point. Is it better to do shitty and get an S thanks to a high level player than to do okay on your own and get a B? Yes, in most cases.

However, it is extremely demoralizing to new players, and that, not a lack of good credit rewards, is what will actively discourage people from playing this game.

But then if we do shitty it's a waste of the fuel saved up, then you have to buy more.. lose-win for them, win-lose for us. There just isn't a clear path for such an unbalanced system.

Valk

Valk

The Man Who Sold The World

• Banned
  • 4,758 posts
  • Squad:Funky Dogs
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

But then if we do shitty it's a waste of the fuel saved up, then you have to buy more.. lose-win for them, win-lose for us. There just isn't a clear path for such an unbalanced system.

What the hell is that even supposed to mean?

And again, you want to stop wasting everyone's fuel? STOP BEATING UP ON ROOKIES.

Skies of Farbanti

Skies of Farbanti

Go ahead, make my day!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • Plane:F-14E Tomcat 21
I agree with this. Have a skill of 1780+, went trough both situations many times. Today one friend, a rookie, invited me to a room, he wanted to play so much, but I outclassed by a mille the other players in the lobby. I told this situation to him, but don't know how he doesn't realize it. After the match in the Alps, we got the Moby Dick I, and of course, I was kicked from that room.

In the other hand, I felt so good when I kicked the ass of some 1800+ guys with craptors, typhoons and pakfas, flying my lvl6 Desert Falcon over Comona...

Edited by Skies of Farbanti, 10 June 2014 - 06:06 PM.

-Blaze-

-Blaze-

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Plane:X-49 Night Raven

The amount of times now that i've been beaten by high tier craft is getting ridiculous, they don't win all the time but now it seems that Infinity is now turning into a pay to win game I think. I've been leveling up the mirage to lvl 8 now, it still competes but its getting to a point where I'm looking for lower matching rate lobbys.

Edited by -Blaze-, 11 June 2014 - 01:34 AM.

Corvus 1

Corvus 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Plane:MiG-29 Fulcrum-A
Even if there do search within their rankings there always wolves in sheeps clothing so it's Iose lose situation either way. I saw people with rankings in the 1500's and they where flying hornets. Not only that, some of these rookies host and joins unrestricted lobbies so it's on them when they get chewed out.

Skies of Farbanti

Skies of Farbanti

Go ahead, make my day!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Even if there do search within their rankings there always wolves in sheeps clothing so it's Iose lose situation either way. I saw people with rankings in the 1500's and they where flying hornets. Not only that, some of these rookies host and joins unrestricted lobbies so it's on them when they get chewed out.

Do you think that is normal to see 1600 people flying F-22s?

Kazama Shin

Kazama Shin

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

Well. That must be people who really played nights through since the release without taking any level ups to the other jets and walking straight through the middle research tree.

Achieved the Captains rank also. Encountered T50 and Raptors too so far, but astoundingly not a single Lightning II so far. Seems the F35 is not really a popular plane.

I am starting too to save money for the upper research tree to get the T50. But consodering to shed out the 400.000+ cash for the Typhoon. I am German, so that is almost a must have for me ;)

On the other topic. Hell I even saw some people out there with only 1100 points. And like someone above wrote, there are always wolves who try to take over rooms. I always see the 1900+ guy jump in in a 1600+ room. And most of the time only getting a B or an A at max for the mission. They don't understand that their one man army hurts more than it helps sadly.

But that is where this game is lacking imo. proper coordination methods. I rarely see people with headsets out there. besides the fast pace of this game has not really a room for coordinating.

Let me take an example at the pipeline mission as an example.

Bravo team take out the refinerys and oil tanks at the coast, alpha team shall go to the facilities at the sea.

After the emergency mission (Whichever it is) bravo team shall take out the airfield, while Alpha team takes out the starting planes.

But that coordination is not possible since A most player are egoists who want to take out targets by themselves.

And B: That takes time.

And C: NOt every player has access to a headset, and communication via fast commands takes even more time.

They don't care if they fly attackers, fighters or Multirole. Every target is mine mentality is there. Hell. I ignored Air targets on purpose in some missions just to get the Ground ones. But that was not possible since even the fighers did go for them. It is like OH MY GOD THAT GUY DESTROYS MY TARGETS, I HAVE TO BEAT HIM.

I even encountered one pilot who actively used his MG against his own teammates just for that.... THAT was really annoying.

Edited by Kazama Shin, 10 June 2014 - 09:24 PM.

Skies of Farbanti

Skies of Farbanti

Go ahead, make my day!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Well. That must be people who really played nights through since the release without taking any level ups to the other jets and walking straight through the middle research tree.
Achieved the Captains rank also. Encountered T50 and Raptors too so far, but astoundingly not a single Lightning II so far. Seems the F35 is not really a popular plane.

I am starting too to save money for the upper research tree to get the T50. But consodering to shed out the 400.000+ cash for the Typhoon. I am German, so that is almost a must have for me ;)

Seems very possible.
About the F-35, are you kidding me?? I've seen many more of them than F-22s or Su-50s...

Edited by Skies of Farbanti, 10 June 2014 - 09:14 PM.

Kazama Shin

Kazama Shin

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Seems very possible.
About the F-35, are you kidding me?? I've seen many more of them than F-22s or Su-50s...

Interesting. I've seen not a single one so far.

Corvus 1

Corvus 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Plane:MiG-29 Fulcrum-A

As normal as see 1600 player flying su-34's.....which has been happening a lot frequently

Edited by Corvus 1, 10 June 2014 - 09:29 PM.

Skies of Farbanti

Skies of Farbanti

Go ahead, make my day!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Interesting. I've seen not a single one so far.

As normal as see 1600 player flying su-34's.....which has been happening a lot frequently

Su-34, I saw only 2 across the more than 100 missions that I've played.

Edited by Skies of Farbanti, 10 June 2014 - 09:34 PM.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

I can't wait until they add a pvp mode and we can get these broken matchups in versus. It's just gonna be so great.

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
Isn't this supposed to be common gaming etiquette? Let the n00bs have a chance?

Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock

CAN'T DED THE FISHBED

• Members
  • 4,033 posts
  • Squad:The Friendship Squad
  • Plane:F-4G Wild Weasel

Isn't this supposed to be common gaming etiquette? Let the n00bs have a chance?

Hell no.  People are desperate to "be the best" they'll resort to doing nothing but sealclubbing for the sake of their own ego.

sneakysnake128

sneakysnake128

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Plane:ASF-X Shinden II

1900's jumping into 1600 games and below aren't always intentional. They can be quick joins.

Source: I'm a 1900.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users