Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What are the stylistic lineages of AC superfighters?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

Corvus 1

Corvus 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Shut up and take my money

10157284_748639355180595_883681878295499

I wonder why it's in the prototype PAK FA colors. I remember reading how in the "real" universe the cfa-44 where made by the Soviets in the early eighties. I'm guessing this is also a secret Russian project in the infinity universe

Edited by Corvus 1, 28 April 2014 - 04:51 PM.

Goshawk5

Goshawk5

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

I wonder why it's in the prototype PAK FA colors. I remember reading how in the "real" universe the cfa-44 where made by the Soviets in the early eighties. I'm guessing this is also a secret Russian project in the infinity universe.

That's actually how most prototype or fresh off the production line planes look like. The only reason I know this is because I live by Boeing and that's what all the new F-18s look like. That paint is for stress testing to make sure the plane is strong enough to actually hold up during turning.(I'm one of the few who has seen a purple F-18)

FlyAwayNow

FlyAwayNow

When it all hits the FAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Morgan is Russian. Always has been with that Sukhoi front.

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts
Would the X-02 be Russian then? Or European?

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts

Would the X-02 be Russian then?

It could be. Its nose has some similarities to the Flankers and the Falken (and the XFA-27).

Goshawk5

Goshawk5

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Morgan is Russian. Always has been with that Sukhoi front.

It looks and nothing like a flanker. In this universe I see it as more of a US fighter instead of Russian. and the X-02 I would see it as European. But then again who knows.

FlyAwayNow

FlyAwayNow

When it all hits the FAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

It looks and nothing like a flanker. In this universe I see it as more of a US fighter instead of Russian. and the X-02 I would see it as European. But then again who knows.

It's Russian, the nose is of Su-27 sort and it's flying Russian Prototype colors. If not Russian then it's Belkan Iyulian with obvious Russian influence from those mechanical plants. Remember where the StrangeReal Morgan comes from? Now mix it in with RealStrange and it'll work out as Iyulian.

See: Sukhoi-T-50-PAK-FA-prototype.jpg

Edited by FlyAwayNow, 24 April 2014 - 03:39 PM.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,159 posts

Except with more blue. Because the blue makes it cooler.

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

I wonder why it's in the prototype PAK FA colors. I remember reading how in the "real" universe the cfa-44 where made by the Soviets in the early eighties. I'm guessing this is also a secret Russian project in the infinity universe

Why am I finding myself physically attracted to it.

Goshawk5

Goshawk5

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

It's Russian, the nose is of Su-27 sort and it's flying Russian Prototype colors. If not Russian then it's Belkan Iyulian with obvious Russian influence from those mechanical plants. Remember where the StrangeReal Morgan comes from? Now mix it in with RealStrange and it'll work out as Iyulian.

See: Sukhoi-T-50-PAK-FA-prototype.jpg

Yes I know I've seen these pictures before. But this early model of the F-15 looks just the same to a degree.tumblr_lvv0kdahxM1qhagdx.jpg

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

It could be. Its nose has some similarities to the Flankers and the Falken (and the XFA-27).

I also considered it being European because in Strangereal, it was an Erusian jet and the real world equivalent of Erusia is most likely Europe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

Yes I know I've seen these pictures before. But this early model of the F-15 looks just the same to a degree.tumblr_lvv0kdahxM1qhagdx.jpg

I dont think you quite understand what "gray with yellow accents" means.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Isn't that a primer paint?  I seem to remember, from waaaaaaaayyyyyy back, that aircraft were primered with......yellow phosphorus?   (That can't be right.)

Goshawk5

Goshawk5

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Isn't that a primer paint?  I seem to remember, from waaaaaaaayyyyyy back, that aircraft were primered with......yellow phosphorus?   (That can't be right.)

I'm pretty sure it's for stress testing.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
Shows stress fractures better, I'm guessing, during prototyping?

Goshawk5

Goshawk5

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Shows stress fractures better, I'm guessing, during prototyping?

During final stages of production.

Hat

Hat

nyoom~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,680 posts

if morgan is roosia then why seidwindr

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
Technology transfer XD,we already got cfa-44 with ruskie origin (real world),so the west need something similar

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

if morgan is roosia then why seidwindr

Sidewinders are probably the most widely produced and used air-to-air missile of all time. Many nations use them, so they'd be easy to acquire.

Or, since Namdai never bothers to, you know, get licenses from Eastern Bloc manufacturers, they can put what they want on them. For verisimilitude's sake, they may name them after their Russian counterpart.

nytfox7

nytfox7

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

How I see it: 

Morgan = Russian

Wyvern = European 

FALKEN = sitting in an area 51 hanger as we speak.  :ph34r:

(Also, can I at least have split-screen PvP then?)