Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Which aircraft can pull the tightest turn in ACZ

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

C.L.W

C.L.W

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
For me, it would either be the F-15E or the F-22

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Usually I refer to the superplanes, but I'll have to plug in my PS2 to find out for myself, by trying to find the corner speed and turn at said speed, while counting the amount of seconds it takes to turn.

Even then, man I'd need to be a nerd. And I barely noticed any differences in turn rate for the most part in ACZ and AC 5 since the FMs for all aircraft are practically the same.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

I'd say the X-02 Switchblade, as seen in AC04, but since I haven't used superplanes, or most anything other than the Flankers, for the rest of the games, I feel I lack a thorough understanding of the subject.

C.L.W

C.L.W

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

I'm telling you, the F-15E can make a tight turn because it can decrease speed fast. It's great in a dog fight with Mobius. (I fixed my PS2 btw)

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

I'm telling you, the F-15E can make a tight turn because it can decrease speed fast. It's great in a dog fight with Mobius. (I fixed my PS2 btw)

Speed increase and decrease has nothing much to do with turn radius. It's keeping the plane at corner speed that makes it turn best.

Again, I need to plug in my PS2 to test.

Albino Ace

Albino Ace

Wants an HD R-103 so bad.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Yellow's guess of the X-02 being up there is accurate.  When I played, however, I found the Typhoon easily challenging it.  The likes of Su-47, Su-37, F-15S, and F-22 all do pretty good themselves but the Typhoon slightly edges them all out in Zero.