Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Translation Fail

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

RoguexGuadian

RoguexGuadian

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Has anyone ever taken time to play ACE 5 in JP? I f you listen to the parts where Journey Home is sung, the english voice acters sing. Mission 17, "Journey Home" has a great example of this. I understand the JP translation of the song wouldn't go with the english rythem, but a huge fail on mission 17.

Edited by RoguexGuadian, 21 December 2013 - 07:45 PM.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,163 posts

Why aren't Belkans speaking Belkisch? Why aren't Yuktobanians speaking Yuktobanij? Because of translation convention. We're simply used to hearing everything in English, because that's what's normal in English media. This is not quite the case in Japanese media - it's much more rare for songs originally in a different language to get dubbed over in adaptation. That song was originally in English, and so stayed in English. It's not a fail, it's simply what the Japanese do. As far as I know, anyway.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

you've taken it too seriously dude :D

RoguexGuadian

RoguexGuadian

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Why aren't Belkans speaking Belkisch? Why aren't Yuktobanians speaking Yuktobanij? Because of translation convention. We're simply used to hearing everything in English, because that's what's normal in English media. This is not quite the case in Japanese media - it's much more rare for songs originally in a different language to get dubbed over in adaptation. That song was originally in English, and so stayed in English. It's not a fail, it's simply what the Japanese do. As far as I know, anyway.

Ah I see. Still, its just weird having a Japanese voice acter suddenly switch to english and back to japanese again. Then again, ace combat was meant to be played in english. At least thats what I think.