Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Looking for Some Information on Speedrunning

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

DemonsOfRazgriz

DemonsOfRazgriz

Noob

• Members
  • 4 posts

I'm planning on streaming some runs of AC04, but I haven't been able to find any world record times/speedrun times for this game apart from those listed on shatteredskies.net and the one run on speeddemosarchive.com. Since Grandmort hasn't updated shatteredskies.net in a few years and the "ace of aces" competition was over a decade ago, I'm pretty confident that there's been some better times that I haven't been able to find.

I'm also wondering a bit about what the timing schemas are. I'm thinking all are of course managed by the in-game timer, but I think that because you're able to reset a mission and not have that time count in your final, that such a run would be considered segmented instead of single segment. My understanding is that a single-segment run would have to involve no resets, and thus no deaths. Hope someone can clarify/verify this.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,813 posts

No one's really cared about score/time records for a few years now. Maybe it's different in the Japanese community since they're just that insane, but here, not really. Some squads kept records of their members' results and that's pretty much it.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
To add to PC's post, this is especially true for AC4 where some missions only end when the timer reaches zero.

DemonsOfRazgriz

DemonsOfRazgriz

Noob

• Members
  • 4 posts

No one's really cared about score/time records for a few years now. Maybe it's different in the Japanese community since they're just that insane, but here, not really. Some squads kept records of their members' results and that's pretty much it.

This is kind of a personal thing for me more than a recognition thing, though. I love the game, and I'm interested in doing runs for myself. I'll be doing them regardless of whether I have up-to-date times; it'd just be nice if I had some more modern benchmarks. If there's no real 'official records' for segmented runs, then I'll start doing some and putting down a time.

To add to PC's post, this is especially true for AC4 where some missions only end when the timer reaches zero.

Right, so those time-based missions just don't factor in to the runner's speed/skill then, they're just steady factors in the run time. The majority of the game's time (13/18 missions) is decided by target-based missions, so it's very much a speedrunnable game.

Thank you for your responses.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

This is kind of a personal thing for me more than a recognition thing, though.

Yeah, I didn't mean it that way, just saying you wouldn't find much info on the subject here nowadays.

ShackontheTarget

ShackontheTarget

Quattro Bajeena

• Members
  • 8,251 posts

I could give you the best scores and fastest times from our few years old squadron forum, if you want something good to go by. Bear in mind the fastest times are not on the same run as the highest scores.

DemonsOfRazgriz

DemonsOfRazgriz

Noob

• Members
  • 4 posts

I could give you the best scores and fastest times from our few years old squadron forum, if you want something good to go by. Bear in mind the fastest times are not on the same run as the highest scores.

That'd be great! I'm only aiming for time at the moment, but having the high score runs would be good as well.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

The guy who put AC speedruns on SDA did them all on the easiest difficulty for one. He only counted the in-game time, but made a sub-goal to S-rank any of the timed-only missions (Invincible Fleet etc.).

But on this forum in particular, just about a grand old amount of nobody cared about speed running.

And single segment runs do permit deaths, it'll just royally bugger your time. What you'd need to do is just label your run as a 'no death' run.

Edited by Tomcat, 16 October 2013 - 08:46 PM.

ShackontheTarget

ShackontheTarget

Quattro Bajeena

• Members
  • 8,251 posts

Here you go, everything was done on Ace difficulty.

Spoiler

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

^ lol Albino Ace dominating all the records. What else is new. And I still remember maintaining those leaderboards, good times.

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

That "3190" in Stonehenge Offensive is tricky, the US version of the game lacks the third AA Gun before getting Stonehenge en range...