Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Osean Air Defense Force

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

...well moving on from groups eating groups, will we be playing other games besides ace combat Durandal?

Well AC:I would be the primary focus, but depending on how the F2P monetization actually ends up after and/or during the beta, that might only be a few matches at a time, unless we pay money.

I do think HAWX 1 is by far the best second choice on PS3, as far as flight games go. Unlike AC:I, it actually has TDM, and is available for pretty cheap at this point, for those who don't already have a copy. Also, as several of us recently discovered, there are still enough people online in that game to play against, so if we already have several of us together to play AC:I, we can switch over to HAWX after we run out of fuel for AC:I.

As far as non-flight games go, I don't think that we'll likely do anything officially, unless AC:I bombs completely, and most of us decide there's some other specific game we want to play. Unofficially of course, anything is fair game.

Corvus 1

Corvus 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Well AC:I would be the primary focus, but depending on how the F2P monetization actually ends up after and/or during the beta, that might only be a few matches at a time, unless we pay money.

I do think HAWX 1 is by far the best second choice on PS3, as far as flight games go. Unlike AC:I, it actually has TDM, and is available for pretty cheap at this point, for those who don't already have a copy. Also, as several of us recently discovered, there are still enough people online in that game to play against, so if we already have several of us together to play AC:I, we can switch over to HAWX after we run out of fuel for AC:I.

As far as non-flight games go, I don't think that we'll likely do anything officially, unless AC:I bombs completely, and most of us decide there's some other specific game we want to play. Unofficially of course, anything is fair game.

Alright sounds good. Haven't played hawx in ages and I think I was just about finished with hawx 2

Necron 1

Necron 1

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
...there's always Verdict Day.

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

...there's always Verdict Day.

I kinda stopped playing that, due to my team being inactive as fuck, and the last story mission being impossibly hard. That and I have some gripes with the design of the game in general. I think at this point I'd rather go back and play Front Mission: Evolved instead, but I'm pretty sure the online for that game is seriously dead at this point.

Edited by Durandal7, 14 October 2013 - 06:12 PM.

Necron 1

Necron 1

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
Mission 10 isn't impossibly hard, dual autocannons on a tank make the boss extremely easy to kill.

Now the ONLINE version of N-WGIX is impossibly hard, I have literally never seen anyone successfully kill him.

Screw being in a team, I just run as a merc and get action within 30 seconds of entering the lobby.

Edited by Necron 1, 14 October 2013 - 06:14 PM.

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

I have still yet to find a build that's both effective against other players, and fun to use, which I think is my biggest problem with the game.

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

So, under a day until the Japanese beta is out, time to make a Japanese account if you haven't already.

Corvus 1

Corvus 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
I'm currently without a ps3 should be back within a week or two and hopefully in time for the western bera. If there still planning on making one. Sorry.

Edited by Corvus 1, 06 November 2013 - 09:18 PM.

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

No worries. As far as I know, there will still be a western beta.

Necron 1

Necron 1

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
Installing the beta now.

Corvus 1

Corvus 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
As soon as it comes out I'll install the beta. Can you play the beta on a NA account or is it only playable on a JPN account?

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

As soon as it comes out I'll install the beta. Can you play the beta on a NA account or is it only playable on a JPN account?

I played it the first time on my NA account, and I will continue to do so, assuming nothing changes.

Corvus 1

Corvus 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
I sure hope it's worth the wait. If anything the maintenance gave me time to get my ps3 back from my brother.

Corvus 1

Corvus 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Things sure have been quiet here. Infinity won't be here anytime soon so who's up for some hawx? Or assault horizon this weekend?

Corvus 1

Corvus 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Triple posting and necroposting? I'm feeling naughty. Infinity is nearly here and I think we're long overdue for a roll call. anyone else is still alive? Anyone?

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Yeah, but no one else ever moved over from the defunct FEAF or otherwise joined.

Corvus 1

Corvus 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Now that infinity is out who knows maybe people will join. I'll settle for an army of two for now as oppose to fighting with strangers

Edited by Corvus 1, 05 June 2014 - 09:10 PM.

Yellow 5

Yellow 5

Battle-Seasoned Nugget Leader -Extra Crispy-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

I'll join! I have a PS3

Also, I'm pretty sure the flaps/ailerons thing was from Top Gear, can't remember their names though.

Corvus 1

Corvus 1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Sweet another member. What's your psn?

Yellow 5

Yellow 5

Battle-Seasoned Nugget Leader -Extra Crispy-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

My usual PSN is HDigity (long story) but I play Infinity on my Japanese account which is Yellow-x5x (I made it that so you guys could ID me easier)

p.s. I'll be playing tonight as soon as I finish up some homework, I swear they're piling it on harder because the semester's ending. In 6 days I'll be completely done with that crap, and can play more conistently (June 13th)