Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

My Application for any Squadrons, I guess?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

Alice 1

Alice 1

Noob

• Members
  • 3 posts

Yeah, first post. I've read up on all rule threads I've seen. I'm getting this post out of the way because I'd like to get set up for responses as soon as I can, which means I go ahead and post this now and work on my profile settings afterwards.

I'm currently looking for any squadrons which already have something set up amongst the squadron for starting matches in the Playstation Network release of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon... where DFM is prohibited. DFM infuriates me in player competition, and the latency I am stuck with thanks to thinking the Playstation 3 Super Slim is a good buy (Overheat issues ahoy.) until I have a means of rectifying the problems this machine has... means I have NO hope of being any use while DFM is allowed. (Not entirely true. The one thing I found as a solution while I have my latency is to throw on Quick Respawn and it's + variant together, slam into the ground when they engage automatic pursuit, and then I'm right back out. People don't seem to realize that is my reaction to DFM and they can try downing me like a combat flight pilot,... so I get booted frequently.)

As for my PS3 Super Slim, I currently have the inlet and outlet vents facing upward and thy have plenty of room. I have a medium sized desk fan blowing over them. Still builds up excessive heat and begins throttling hardware within a minute of start-up. (I imagine my supportive ventilation measures is the only reason this thing isn't fried.) Once I get this original model Xbox 360 fixed by a friend and returned, I'm having my PS3 Super Slim sent to a friend to be manhandled into being worth the purchase.

I have AC4, AC5, AC0, and an original model USA PS2 to play them on. I have an original model USA 3DS and AC:AHL. I have a PS3 Super Slim and AC:AH. My original Xbox 360 is a clunker which may be made to work I bought for $50.00 off my eldest fleshly related brother, which is worth the price since I have countless friends I can ship this machine to and have them fix, free of any charges except maybe the return shipment fees if they don't have the money to ship it out when they're done with it. I will be getting AC6 for it and maybe AC:AH.

As for feats with those games, pretty sure I have all three PS2 releases 100í and AC:AHL I simply need to get S rank on about three of the noncanon missions. I'm not necessarily a perfect pilot, but I am thoroughly confident in my subsonic maneuvering and obtaining and maintaining angle of attack. Gunfire deflection without proper recticle I have no practice on, but I can quickly build up experience in that with DFM prohibited PS3 AC:AH matches.

It's hard for me to be frustrated by another gamer, and I enjoy challenges and seek them (unless they're way out of my league and I don't feel like feeling thoroughlyincompotent right then and there.) I'm willing to take offline type challenges with AC installments, and look forward to doing so (and recording them. Bloopers included.)

Currently, I don't have any recordings of my gameplay online, but I'm willing to do so for any squadrons interested in seeing them during considerations for my, uh, 'employment'. Might even do recordings right now, if asked to, since I've got nothing really to do and want to do some flight.

Oh, I loosely cuss, quite heavily so. However, I'm not your typical cusser (read: witless.) I will not call a confident and/or strong feminine individual a feminine dog or any variant of such slur. Why? That'd be calling them the opposite of what they are. Taking this as example, I don't throw cuss-form insults at people ad naseum. I only use such slurs at others when they fit, and I have every intention of demeaning them. That's happened maybe all of four times in my lifetime, and I've wiggled around on this planet for twenty-three of it's years.

While you keep that in mind, keep something else in mind: I'm perfectly willing to keep it at bay, but expect occassional slips.

`Kay done.
Hellooo sky, I'm coming home.

ZerstorungBiscuit

ZerstorungBiscuit

Autism Therapy Chicken

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts

I'd say your best bet would probably be applying to the BAF.  Since they actually do stuff.  Well, Funky does stuff too, but unless you're an avid PC gamer, there's not really anything else.

Everything else is dead.  9AD doesn't count, since they're basically a club.

Wait, since his avatar is Alice, could he be considered for /a/CS? Or am I moving over into my too nice zone again?

Alice 1

Alice 1

Noob

• Members
  • 3 posts

I'd say your best bet would probably be applying to the BAF.  Since they actually do stuff.  Well, Funky does stuff too, but unless you're an avid PC gamer, there's not really anything else.

Everything else is dead.  9AD doesn't count, since they're basically a club.

Wait, since his avatar is Alice, could he be considered for /a/CS? Or am I moving over into my too nice zone again?

`Kay. Thanks sir, gonna head to them now.

Skope Hogan

Skope Hogan

Highway to the Dangerzone

• Members
  • 6,191 posts

YOU MUST PROVE YOUR FUNK

How big can you make your afro and how often do you wear bell bottoms?

Alice 1

Alice 1

Noob

• Members
  • 3 posts

YOU MUST PROVE YOUR FUNK

How big can you make your afro and how often do you wear bell bottoms?

Big enough to make The Globetrotters cower in inferiority.
Not much on the bell bottoms though, sorry.

The Ace of Razgriz

The Ace of Razgriz

Rookie

• Members
  • 41 posts

I would like to extend an offer to become a member of the Phoenix Air Force but I have to be honest with you we have next to zero activity due to being a small group and other things, like I don't internet at my home and have to rely on my friends to get in contact with the Ace Combat community, but I'm hoping that we'll be able to change that upon the release of Ace Combat Infinity. If you actually would like to join talk to my friend JimmyHatesReavers (His name is Jim on here) due to the fact that I won't be here tomorrow.

Sinner101GR

Sinner101GR

Sins & Saints CEO

• Global Moderators
  • 3,179 posts

Is that a dark purple text or am I just weird?

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,163 posts

Is that a dark purple text or am I just weird?

It's not just you, I checked the html. That's #620022, which is a maroon-ish thing.

Just to let you know, Alice, colored text isn't really something we do here. Not that it's a problem or anything.

Anyway, as ZerstörungBiscuit said, BAF is probably your best bet. Being Funky is one of those things that just happens, and the 9AD comes to you (except when they don't).

Welcome to ACS.

Edited by Sternefunken, 24 August 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Funny, I didn't realize BAF (or any squadron) was doing anything like DFM-free AH matches on PS3.

I remember when AH came out and we tried that a couple times with anyone from ACS who wanted to show up, and we barely even got a full room, let alone got everyone to agree to DFM-free play.

Anyway, as far as PS3 goes, FEAF is probably your best bet, as it's pretty much exclusively PS3, but if you want actual DFM-free PS3 matches, you're probably going to be out of luck no matter where you join.

If AC:Infinity is any good, you'll be spoiled for choice, but before that comes out, or if it's not good, you're going to be disappointed.

Ender

Ender

Black Phoenix One

• Members
  • 6,122 posts
9AD is not a "club".

Well, yeah, we are, but we're serious gamers. Just not in Assault Horizon

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

I remember when AH came out and we tried that a couple times with anyone from ACS who wanted to show up, and we barely even got a full room, let alone got everyone to agree to DFM-free play.

Nah, I remember doing that with a room full of people from way back then. We all agreed that no DFM just wasn't going to work without homing missiles+.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

I'm not going to pitch Aquila to you, as we only compete via Legacy scoring comparison.  (We term any title prior to AC6 as a Legacy title, as they were Playstation only.)  

We used to have a lot of scoring competitions at the squadron level, but now, only if we can get a couple for squads who want to.  We have run single and double-elimination matches, and even a month-long Inter-Squadron Competition

However, we do have a new option to offer Legacy players, our ACS Battle Arena, involving random matchups from a pool of players.  We support all titles except Assault Horizon (because it doesn't give debrief screens at the end of a mission), so we can handle the portables, as well.

You can review our beta test, as it were, here;

http://acecombatskie...s-battle-arena/

You are certainly welcome to visit our off-site forum and see what we were like when active at http://s8.zetaboards...ila_Wing/index/

Welcome to ACS (you'll be recieving my Official ACS Welcome Email shortly).   :D  

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Nah, I remember doing that with a room full of people from way back then. We all agreed that no DFM just wasn't going to work without homing missiles+.

Fair enough, I guess I was being a little overdramatic for effect. The terrible missile tracking in AH does kinda ruin non-DFM combat, as does the lack of a gun pipper.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Funny, I didn't realize BAF (or any squadron) was doing anything like DFM-free AH matches on PS3.

That's because we don't. Most of us are 360-active (whilst cross-breeding with Funkers on PC) while some of us (though very little) actually possess PS3s.

There's that...plus most of us stay away from AH online matches nowadays because lelnetcode.

Edited by Tomcat, 25 August 2013 - 02:15 PM.

Hat

Hat

nyoom~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Man, I got IL-2 to Funk, but I never played it for more than an hour because 2funky4me

Valk

Valk

The Man Who Sold The World

• Banned
  • 4,758 posts

You should join FA. Zaku's awfully lonely over there after running off all his friends on behalf of his she-wolf puppetmaster.

Of course, if you like FUN, and don't mind loosening up a bit as well as becoming PC master race, Funky is a better call. 9AD is more active on the console front, but they're more a closet circuit compared to BAF.

And finally, if you have an anime addiction, if no one else will talk about it with you, and if you can find them, maybe you can join the /a/-Team.

ZerstorungBiscuit

ZerstorungBiscuit

Autism Therapy Chicken

• Banned
  • 3,201 posts

And finally, if you have an anime addiction, if no one else will talk about it with you, and if you can find them, maybe you can join the /a/-Team.

acPfS32.png

Sinner101GR

Sinner101GR

Sins & Saints CEO

• Global Moderators
  • 3,179 posts

You should join FA. Zaku's awfully lonely over there after running off all his friends on behalf of his she-wolf puppetmaster.

Zaku is now an S&S lapdog. 

Sorry :(

Ender

Ender

Black Phoenix One

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

Or is he? :ph34r:

Also, a 300 sig? Really? What is this? 2007?

Valk

Valk

The Man Who Sold The World

• Banned
  • 4,758 posts

Unsurprising. I doubt he-of-little-spine could live without someone literally or figuratively cracking the whip over his ass.