Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Serenitat

Oh nyet Please leave some criticism?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Tweak

Tweak

I got my drink, I got my music

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts
  • Squad:StratMil/Funky Squadron
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

So, I decided to write about flying again. Not sure what to make of it myself.

Serenitat

Sapin-Recta Air Corridor

03/21/2012

4:00 PM

-----

Something about flying always made me feel different. I enjoyed the skies always. Ever since I was a child, I always sat outside in the even to watch the sunsets and wake up early the very next morning to watch the sunrises. I thought I had the best seat in the house back then when I sat outside on the hill that our house rested on.

And then I joined the air force to get an even clearer picture of the sky I adored so much as a boy.

“Ensign Pique, regroup with the others, we’ve got unknowns at our 12 o’clock. I know it’s your first day, but training is over. This is the real thing.”

“Roger that, AWACS,” I replied.

I still felt tired after a party that had occurred from the night before. At the time I thought combat would wake me up. My mother had always told me to be safe, but I never listened. Late-night partying was one way of not doing the smart thing, according to her.

I regrouped with the others, staring off into the skies above Lumen.

“AWACS, give us targets,” Xavi, our flight lead, shouted.

“Panter Flight, a group of four F-16s are inbound toward your current position. They’ve been identified as belonging to the Rectan Air Force. They’re not listening to our warnings. You’re clear to engage at any time, Pantera.”

“Alright,” Xavi began, “three and four, climb up to 8,000 meters and await further instruction.”

“Geez,” Gerard, the element lead, said, “this situation is too tense for my liking.”

“Shut up, Gerard,” Xavi snapped back.

We pulled back on our control sticks, climbing to our destination. I could see the sky above and the ground below. The serene aura of it all made me forget where I was for a moment. It was tranquil, almost.

“Let’s go, Mateu,” Gerard barked over the radio.

A missile streaked by my canopy.

Merda!” I exclaimed as a rolled away from the missile, popping flairs as I dove to the earth below.

“AWACS, we’ve been engaged. I repeat we’ve been engaged.”

I struggled to keep my head up as I pulled up from my dive. The altimeter read “1,000” meters. My hands were shaking. My breathing was heavy. I wasn’t excited. I was scared. My Hornet’s alert system wouldn’t shut up. I popped more flares as I broke away from the missiles. I could hear the number two, Jordi, shouting at Xavi to get a Falcon off of his tail. He wasn’t speaking words. They were mere cries of horror as he knew he was as good as dead.

Then I heard silence.

“Jordi?” Someone said with a whimpering voice.

No one saw a chute.

A Falcon shot across my nose diagonally from my bottom-right to my top-left. I bank left and then climbed upwards, bringing myself behind him. I heard good tone and let a missile fly off the rail. I felt myself trembling all over as the missile left the confines of my plane. I saw the missile vaporize the plane.

I slumped in my seat as flew away from the fireball.

“Mateu, don’t rest now, someone’s on your tail!” Gerard bellowed.

I pulled back on the control stick, trying to gain altitude. My engines were screaming. I was screaming. I felt like I had been punched ten thousand times as I started a loop. I saw bullets scream past my wingtips. My adversary was desperate. So was I. Maybe we could’ve been friends in a different life.

As I reached the apex of the loop, my plane was rocked by cannon fire. I continued, not caring about anything else but getting away from my foe. More bullets passed by my canopy as I leveled out. I pulled hard left, hoping and praying.

I was crying for help almost. Everyone else was entangled in their own struggle.

My opponent didn’t care in the least. He pressed on with his attacks, landing more hits on my plane. I struggled to the plane in the air and maneuver away from him. Still no one came to help me.

And then he landed the fatal blow.

My right wing was blown clean off by the last barrage. Every system in my Hornet was blaring now. My plane was in free-fall now. I struggled to reach the ejection handle. The ground was getting closer; my fingertips kept slipping off the handle. I finally pulled the

handle, rocketing out of my aircraft as it plummeted to the earth. As I deployed my parachute, I caught a glimpse of the sky again.

It was evening now. The sun was setting and the wind was calming. I as came back down to earth I remembered my mother’s safety talks with me when I came back in from watching the sunsets. I landed on the ground and began to chuckle a little as I saw the Rectans retreating. I may have ignored safety, but watching the sunset on the hills was a consolation prize in some twisted sense. At least to me, anyways.

One for two isn’t so bad when you live to see what you love the most for another day or so.

Edited by Weedus Christ, 08 August 2013 - 08:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users