Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

UI Issue

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Katamariguy

Katamariguy

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

I am playing the game with the same cables that I used when I got the console years ago. When I play this game, the minimap is rather blurry and undefined. This gives me a lot of trouble when determining the courses of enemy planes. Is there something wrong with my video?

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

If you can't supply a sccreenshot, showing the problem, how do you expect us to help you?  :huh:

cmdnascar

cmdnascar

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
I've found that all the lines are kinda blurred in a left/right fashion (about a pixel or so) but I don't know of that's the used game I bought or the PS2's graphics...

Also, on vacation so I'm recalling from memory last week and can't post shots of it

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

You sure it's not your TV?  PS2 graphics on a HDTV don't do well, IIRC.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

Yeah, it's normal for SD games to look terribad on a HDTV, at least if you're using a composite (yellow RCA cable) video connection. Composite video (green, blue and red RCA cables) looks much better, so you may want to invest on that.

(it took me like 5 minutes to post this because I'm drunk as hell holy crap)

Edited by PositronCannon, 06 August 2013 - 06:54 PM.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,898 posts

I'm imagining you typing with your indexes only, one key at a time, It's hilarious.

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

I am playing the game with the same cables that I used when I got the console years ago. When I play this game, the minimap is rather blurry and undefined. This gives me a lot of trouble when determining the courses of enemy planes. Is there something wrong with my video?

Sounds like something in the video system between your PS2 and your TV, it could be anything in that loop, from the PS2 to the cable to the TV. Try swapping out any one of those, and see if it changes.

Yeah, it's normal for SD games to look terribad on a HDTV, at least if you're using a composite (yellow RCA cable) video connection. Composite video (green, blue and red RCA cables) looks much better, so you may want to invest on that.

(it took me like 5 minutes to post this because I'm drunk as hell holy crap)

Yes, it could also be a SD-HD issue, and PC means Component video (Red/Green/Blue) cables, Composite is the yellow one. But yeah, if you're using an HDTV, there's no reason not to use a Component video cable, but if it's your TV or the PS2, swapping out cables may not help.

Katamariguy

Katamariguy

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Now that I've checked some videos, I'm very sure that this is just inherent in the low resolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DztcE0R-hmE

Edited by Katamariguy, 14 August 2013 - 04:26 AM.