Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Online Event for PS3: 8/18 2-8PM PDT(9PM-3AM UTC)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts

What a horrible, horrible night.....

I went -1 and 10.  Yup.  It can be done.

+ 2 more matches negative

1 positive match.

As Durandal can attest, I became a whiny little kid.  Embarassed, leading to agitated, leading to T/O'd. 

Speaking of which, someone run with me through campaign so I can unlock some of these missile packs. 

Won't be available this weekend. Maybe Friday night (As in August 2nd), though.

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

I honestly never touched HAWX's multiplayer, so expect me to be awful if I play.

If you're any good at any Ace Combat that isn't AH, you'll do fine, since the game is a complete and utter ripoff of AC. As Panda was pointing out earlier, some of the single player missions are even nearly direct copies from missions in previous AC games.

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts

If you're any good at any Ace Combat that isn't AH, you'll do fine, since the game is a complete and utter ripoff of AC. As Panda was pointing out earlier, some of the single player missions are even nearly direct copies from missions in previous AC games.

i.e. Wildhorse, a.k.a. White Bird (Part 1). With Thunderhead as the AWACS to boot!

HAWX multiplayer is pretty easy. You'll eventually become familiar with the skilled players because the community is so small now.

IMO, its multiplayer is better than AC6, because it doesn't devolve into circles and QAAMs. The support unit rewards add a nice dose of random to change things up, but the multiplayer holds its own without them.

Galm118

Galm118

That guy

• Members
  • 5,952 posts

Now that I think about it what is the max level on ACAH multiplayer? I only ever got to 5 before I quit. 

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

I cross-posted this at another site, and got a few more responses.

So, with the replies so far, the total is up to 7 for HAWX, and it looks like 1-2 more maybes for HAWX, as well.

I think it's also up to 7 for AH as well, but honestly if we get enough for HAWX, I'm not sure there's any strong reason to do AH, even if there are a few people that miss out due to only having AH.

I guess I'll have to come up with a date/time for this, now that we're getting close to having 8 people.

dubit

dubit

Vintage Gamer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

Don't know if any of you were online tonight, but apologies for not making it.  Got bogged down when I went to see my dad.  We've got a fishing tournament this weekend and we got to working on gear etc.  Time flew, and just got home.

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Don't know if any of you were online tonight, but apologies for not making it.  Got bogged down when I went to see my dad.  We've got a fishing tournament this weekend and we got to working on gear etc.  Time flew, and just got home.

I was for a while, spammed you some invites when I saw you were online, but I figured you were busy after you didn't even respond. I left early anyway though, as I had a single-A baseball all-star game to attend in the evening.

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Okay, since it seems like we have enough people for this event to not suck, and may yet get a few others too, it's time to set a date.

I'm busy this upcoming weekend, but the following Sunday should work out fine.

This event will be for HAWX primarily, unless we all get bored of air-to-air and decide to fire up AH for some DFM/ASM-less capital conquest. We can certainly do an AH event if this is successful, but since most of us have HAWX, and many of us prefer it, it goes first.

As for time, I'm thinking 2PM-8PM PDT. (9PM-3AM UTC) The event may go longer or shorter due to whether a critical-mass of us wants to keep playing longer, or stop early, but that seems like a good baseline schedule.

Anyone planning on joining that doesn't already have me friended on PSN should add me before then so I can send out invites. (and let me know if my list is full and I need to clean it out, because it doesn't tell me when it's full)

If you are online at that time, and don't get an invite, or you do but the room is full, just message me, or anyone else you know is participating, and we'll get you in, even if we have to split into two rooms.

dubit

dubit

Vintage Gamer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

I was for a while, spammed you some invites when I saw you were online, but I figured you were busy after you didn't even respond. I left early anyway though, as I had a single-A baseball all-star game to attend in the evening.

I wasn't online...  I wasn't even home. 

Okay, since it seems like we have enough people for this event to not suck, and may yet get a few others too, it's time to set a date.

I'm busy this upcoming weekend, but the following Sunday should work out fine.

This event will be for HAWX primarily, unless we all get bored of air-to-air and decide to fire up AH for some DFM/ASM-less capital conquest. We can certainly do an AH event if this is successful, but since most of us have HAWX, and many of us prefer it, it goes first.

As for time, I'm thinking 2PM-8PM PDT. (9PM-3AM UTC) The event may go longer or shorter due to whether a critical-mass of us wants to keep playing longer, or stop early, but that seems like a good baseline schedule.

Anyone planning on joining that doesn't already have me friended on PSN should add me before then so I can send out invites. (and let me know if my list is full and I need to clean it out, because it doesn't tell me when it's full)

If you are online at that time, and don't get an invite, or you do but the room is full, just message me, or anyone else you know is participating, and we'll get you in, even if we have to split into two rooms.

I can do the following Sunday  (8/18) anytime after 5:00 p.m.

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

I wasn't online...  I wasn't even home. 

I can do the following Sunday  (8/18) anytime after 5:00 p.m.

Then someone turned on your PS3 or something, because you were listed as online for a while.

dubit

dubit

Vintage Gamer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

I'm guessing it was my son & daughter-in-law...  They sometimes stop by even if I'm not home.  They clean out my fridge, watch cop shows (which I cannot stand) and then fall asleep on my couch!  But I don't mind, I do the same at my parents house to this day!  lol

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Why do you watch cop shows at your parents house if you can't stand cop shows?  ;)

dubit

dubit

Vintage Gamer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

If it hadn't been for that smiley.  :)

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts

Going to do a full campaign playthrough tonight with a new save file.

Stupid bugged up save file. :(

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Going to do a full campaign playthrough tonight with a new save file.

Stupid bugged up save file. :(

Once you've done that, we can boost you up to max level some evening(it won't take more than 1), as long as we have at least 3 people(4 ideally, so the missile-firer has someone to talk to, and so it goes twice as fast), and I know dubit could use some boosting too, as he didn't have an old save file.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Once you've done that, we can boost you up to max level some evening(it won't take more than 1), as long as we have at least 3 people(4 ideally, so the missile-firer has someone to talk to, and so it goes twice as fast), and I know dubit could use some boosting too, as he didn't have an old save file.

For some reason I have the feeling that this is something that cheaters do, and we don't cheat around here, right?   :huh:

dubit

dubit

Vintage Gamer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

I wouldn't call it cheating, your still doing all the missions, and shooting the birds.  Just more enemies to shoot if there is more people.  It gives you zero advantage in multiplayer other than unlocking weapon packs that anyone else still playing it got 3 years ago.  If you ever played HAWX, XP is very, very slow to accumulate.  Being such an old game, and with no save file to work from I'm in a hurry to get these weapon packs updated so that I can be on a level playing field in MP. 

Like you, I'm not big on cheating though... 

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Ah, I see.  A legal tactic to increase the XP.   I wasn't aware of that, I just remembered a derisive comment regarding Japanese 'boosters'. 

<sigh>  So much to know.....

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

You're likely thinking of people who cheat to improve their ranking on leaderboards, which is a pretty scummy thing to do, but sadly happens in just about any game with leaderboards.

All we were talking about was leveling up a person's save file for the game to unlock the rest of the planes/weapon packs, since otherwise it'll take forever for anyone starting on a fresh file, and we want everyone doing the event to have a full selection of aircraft to choose from.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Sounds legit.   ;)