Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Assault horizon competition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

Trothar

Trothar

Noob

• Members
  • 7 posts
I was thinking of an Ace Combat squadrons leagues, sorta like clan wars in World of tanks, what we do is a league that we can do two ways, territorial or brackets. The territorial would be two squadrons fight over a territory and who wins 2 out of 3 gets it, brackets would be 2 squadrons fighting to move on to the next position. There will be rules mainly on the game setup, 30 min matches, HQ defence high (domination will be included for these) no CDM replacements, teams manual selection, private matches so there will be no outside interference. Needs atleast 4 players to a team 2 in each flight. Death match will not be used do to the free for all style gameplay, the squadrons will be organized by the leaders and games scheduled by them. I will setup brackets for all squadron interested for PSN, XBL and PC

Jim

Jim

Technicolour Dreamboat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

I doubt you'll get much response considering the general opinion towards AH on here, but good luck anyways.

Trothar

Trothar

Noob

• Members
  • 7 posts
I was thinking assault horizon do to the sleep while waiting for a match in AC6

Zipang

Zipang

Dendi-chan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Does anyone even play AC:AH multiplayer any more? 

Devildog Cipher

Devildog Cipher

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
I already know who would win. It would come down to aroura and redemption squadron and redemption would win. That is if its Xbox division.

Trothar

Trothar

Noob

• Members
  • 7 posts
And you know this how? You never know until people play

Zipang it's actually a very large number playing

Zipang

Zipang

Dendi-chan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

If it's not above 5,000 worldwide, it's negligible. 

Trothar

Trothar

Noob

• Members
  • 7 posts

If it's not above 5,000 worldwide, it's negligible. 

It's around 7k in the states alone

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
We tried this already. First competition went down in flames due to personal animosities against the organizer.

I'll give it a few days, to see if there really is any interest.

Trothar

Trothar

Noob

• Members
  • 7 posts

We tried this already. First competition went down in flames due to personal animosities against the organizer.I'll give it a few days, to see if there really is any interest.

Can you explain please? I want to try and avoid anything that could threaten this because I wish there was more competition in the AC games

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

We can discuss this in PMs.

Devildog Cipher

Devildog Cipher

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

And you know this how? You never know until people play

Zipang it's actually a very large number playing

Like I said if its for Xbox just don't let aurora or redemption squadron play and everyone will have fun

FaStream

FaStream

Noob

• Members
  • 4 posts

I play this game religiously

Nugget

Nugget

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

The Mustangs (aka... Lancers) would love to compete if possible. 

ReaperKallina

ReaperKallina

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

I might consider picking up the controller for one last go in ACAH. It's been a long time since I rampaged through the lobbies so I might be a touch rusty. Guess it'll be fairer on you lot in that case.

obliviondoll

obliviondoll

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I'm on PS3, and not too active in-game lately, but if someone organised something like this, I'd probably join in if anyone wanted me on their team.

Solowing-118

Solowing-118

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts

I'm on PS3, and not too active in-game lately, but if someone organised something like this, I'd probably join in if anyone wanted me on their team.

exploitable gameplay mechanics, lack of a ping setting, no anti cheater countermeasure, and a lack of fixxes and adjustment for the game made this booster/cheater heaven

Edited by Solowing-118, 22 January 2014 - 08:47 AM.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

I play this game religiously

Praying the whole while to make it through.......      :lol:

obliviondoll

obliviondoll

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

exploitable gameplay mechanics, lack of a ping setting, no anti cheater countermeasure, and a lack of fixxes and adjustment for the game made this booster/cheater heaven

And that makes it impossible to organise a competition because nobody in the community has the ability to capture video and prove when someone is cheating or exploiting the flaws in the game? Good competitions in bad games can work if you have the right rules and good management of them.

If you're setting up PRIVATE matches, and if there are referees in the matches who are recording and can go back to check if something was legit, it would be possible. People who are shown to be cheating get kicked, and the people who don't get kicked can usually be trusted to play fair.

I've been in tournaments where part of the rules include a ping test run by the players in-game - basically, you get the players/teams together and make sure the game is running smoothly BEFORE you fight the real match. If not, you can try to reschedule or shuffle players and check settings to make it work. Not sure if it would be reliable in AH though, because some of the weird laggy problems can happen mid-match when everything seemed to be running smoothly before that point.

I've fought in a few no-DFM duels in ACAH, and they're surprisingly fun (although a lack of Homing Missiles at the time hurt my chances). When I've done it with someone who accidentally triggered DFM a couple of times, and it was a legitimate mistake, they canceled it immediately and backed off a little so the free spin onto my tail didn't give them too much of an advantage. When I fought someone who "accidentally" triggered DFM then canceled it as they fired a missile, I called them on it and ignored the kills they got which relied on DFM use when tallying the final score. I also refused to trust that person with anything for quite a while because even though it may have been a mistake triggering DFM, it was a deliberate choice to stay close and use guns and missiles BEFORE dropping from DFM. It was also a deliberate choice to break from DFM right after firing a missile to try and look innocent.

Solowing-118

Solowing-118

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts

And that makes it impossible to organise a competition because nobody in the community has the ability to capture video and prove when someone is cheating or exploiting the flaws in the game? Good competitions in bad games can work if you have the right rules and good management of them.

If you're setting up PRIVATE matches, and if there are referees in the matches who are recording and can go back to check if something was legit, it would be possible. People who are shown to be cheating get kicked, and the people who don't get kicked can usually be trusted to play fair.

I've been in tournaments where part of the rules include a ping test run by the players in-game - basically, you get the players/teams together and make sure the game is running smoothly BEFORE you fight the real match. If not, you can try to reschedule or shuffle players and check settings to make it work. Not sure if it would be reliable in AH though, because some of the weird laggy problems can happen mid-match when everything seemed to be running smoothly before that point.

I've fought in a few no-DFM duels in ACAH, and they're surprisingly fun (although a lack of Homing Missiles at the time hurt my chances). When I've done it with someone who accidentally triggered DFM a couple of times, and it was a legitimate mistake, they canceled it immediately and backed off a little so the free spin onto my tail didn't give them too much of an advantage. When I fought someone who "accidentally" triggered DFM then canceled it as they fired a missile, I called them on it and ignored the kills they got which relied on DFM use when tallying the final score. I also refused to trust that person with anything for quite a while because even though it may have been a mistake triggering DFM, it was a deliberate choice to stay close and use guns and missiles BEFORE dropping from DFM. It was also a deliberate choice to break from DFM right after firing a missile to try and look innocent.

i dont know how you play AH online with no DFM as high-G turns missile lock-ons into pray n spray, i like the use of DFM here with high G, Infinity removed High-G turns so it wouldve made online vs a classic fun experience, rather then this "speed up until your internet cannot ping your movements fast enough" thanks to no setting that filters out lag