Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Battle Arena 2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

BlazerAaron99

BlazerAaron99

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Squad:765th Air Division
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

confirm I cannot play AC Ah because of my stupid computer monitor resolution which I cannot change so only 

ACX and AC JA

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Do you just not know how to change your monitor's resolution?  I'm pretty sure most any monitor can change their resolution.  You have driver software that controls that.

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW 'Lancers'
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

confirm I cannot play AC Ah because of my stupid computer monitor resolution which I cannot change so only 
ACX and AC JA

Bud, you can change The resolution if you go to screen settings.

Also Yellow.. I don't mind if this gets just for fun, I'd like to get this thing started

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
Yeah, well, I just played the Infinity Campaign for the first time and I'm doubtful about including it in the Battle Arena.

The debrief screen does not specify the mission number, AFAIK, so I'm thinking that the only way to do this would be to stipulate that you have to wait till the debrief is totally finished, then take your screenshot, so that the message at the bottom can be used to tell what mission it is. Any screenshot submitted that did not have a known 'last message' would be invalidated.

How do you guys feel about that? I'll have to run Campaign again to get those messages for my use as I tried to take pics freehand and even with a new camera, my shots aren't often usable because of blurring. Using my tripod should fix that.

Dragranzer

Dragranzer

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Squad:345th TFS, "Lancers"
  • Plane:T-50 PAK-FA

I agree on this ^^

The debriefing texts can be found on Acepedia btw

Edited by Dragranzer, 16 June 2014 - 03:24 AM.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
Maybe so, but I'll get them anyway. That way I know they're correct.   ;)

OK, here they are. If you play an Infinity Campaign Mission in the Arena, your screenshot needs to show, clear enough to read, the following final debrief message texts;

Mission 1 - Lost Butterfly (Operation Gambit) - "Now, though, I guess they don't have much choice."

Mission 2 - Great Migration (Operation Bird Hunt) - "So, we'll be heading for Russia."

Mission 3 - Rescue (Operation Fogbound) - "That presents the possibility that Wernher's satellites have been seized by terrorists."

Mission 4 - Stonehenge (Operation Crusher) - "They took control in the blink of an eye."

Mission 5 - Far Eastern Front (Operation Override) - "Again, good job."

Also, there will be no time-based tiebreakers, since they do not give the time on the debrief screen, as shown below.

IMG_0116_zps1f7933ee.jpg

You see the text line, "Again, good job.", so you know it's a shot from Mission 5.

Of course, I thought of all this before I realized that editions of Infinity in other countries might not have English text on the debrief screen.   We may not be able to include Infinity after all....

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

So.... this is it? this has died again?

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Chopper!  Did you read the post just before yours?   You did?   Good!   Can you tell me if your version of Infinity has those same phrases?

Dragranzer

Dragranzer

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Squad:345th TFS, "Lancers"
  • Plane:T-50 PAK-FA

I think we should all report our Version of Infinity when joining and asked them to get the last phrases. Just saying

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

If I have a list of all possible phrases, that wouldn't even be necessary.   If anyone has non-English phrasing, please copy it down here.

XDragon

XDragon

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MTD

If we do this for Fun, I'd be down for it. I don't have a lot of time to play, but I'd be good for AC5/Z/AHL/6

I don't have Ace mode on 4, X, or JA and I find AH just a pain to control

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Did you read the OP?   With the rules?  Non-Ace level is no longer a dealbreaker, just not recommended.   You can fly at any level you want, but the people who fly at Ace level are going to score more from the same mission.

Also, Battle Arena does NOT support AH.

XDragon

XDragon

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Ah...well i mean it's not an official deal breaker but there's no chance without it, so I'm going to refrain from the ones I don't have it unlocked. I'll just stick with AC5, ACZ, AHL and 6.

I gotta wonder why AHL is considered legacy but AH isn't...or is that something I just should leave alone?

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon
I gotta wonder why AHL is considered legacy but AH isn't...or is that something I just should leave alone?

I think AH doesn't have proper debriefing screens that can work for this.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Ah...well i mean it's not an official deal breaker but there's no chance without it, so I'm going to refrain from the ones I don't have it unlocked. I'll just stick with AC5, ACZ, AHL and 6.

Not at all.   You can always go back to the first thread, where I was working everything out, here;  http://acecombatskie...s-battle-arena/

Long story short, AH doesn't give you debrief screens, so there's nothing to take a photo of to compare.  (Ninja'd by P.C.  :P )

And right now, it's iffy if Infinity gets added, since their Campaign debrief screens omit not only the time, but the actual mission number.

XDragon

XDragon

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

I think AH doesn't have proper debriefing screens that can work for this.

Not at all.   You can always go back to the first thread, where I was working everything out, here;  http://acecombatskie...s-battle-arena/

Long story short, AH doesn't give you debrief screens, so there's nothing to take a photo of to compare.  (Ninja'd by P.C.  :P )

And right now, it's iffy if Infinity gets added, since their Campaign debrief screens omit not only the time, but the actual mission number.

I see, I see. Well thanks for the quick AH responses haha. I wasn't planning to play it anyway.

I think I'll stick with the ones i listed...  though any tips on getting Aces to not seem like I'm flying in a black hole?

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Watch those arrows.  Arrange to position yourself directly in front of, or better yet, behind, your selected targets.  Pop two regular missiles per enemy (not getting into SPWs), rinse and repeat.

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

XDragon

XDragon

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Watch those arrows.  Arrange to position yourself directly in front of, or better yet, behind, your selected targets.  Pop two regular missiles per enemy (not getting into SPWs), rinse and repeat.

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

No, I have beaten the game numerous times on a PS2. It's on my PS3 however the missions seems impossibly dark. Anyone else have that issue or should I just mess with my settings since every other level seems fine

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Chopper!  Did you read the post just before yours?   You did?   Good!   Can you tell me if your version of Infinity has those same phrases?

I did, I just asked if this died again 'cuz no one were putting the images of the possible debrief screen on Infinity.

Also I would like to help, but I don't have PS3 yet neither the youtube videos last that long... sorry  :wacko:

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

S'OK, dude, thanks for your interest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users