Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Battle Arena 2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Battle-Arena-Logo-1_zpsc99b7e04.jpg

OK, you can get all the background in the original thread.   I'm gonna assume you have participated before, or have read this topic;

http://acecombatskie...s-battle-arena/

from the beginning.  If you have questions, please be sure we did not already answer them in the original, development, thread.  Please assume that what you read below has been sufficiently discussed in the development period (meaning no further discussion of the 'superplane' issue.)

---------------------------------------  RULES (Because there have to be rules, eh?) ----------------------------------------

* Matches will be won by high score / low time to tiebreak, (with the exception of AC6, which does not give a usable time) unless otherwise noted at mission assignment time. The other option is a time-based mission. Since these involve no scoring, in the event of a tie, a second mission will be flown as a tiebreaker. A second mission will also be flown in the case of a tie in AC6.

* A full-screen, readable screenshot of your mission debriefing screen is required for each mission flown, with a index card or paper in the corner with your ACS ID and the date the mission was flown. 

* Fly at any skill level you choose. Likewise, you get to pick the plane you and your wingmen, if any, fly (see restriction on superplanes, below) and your choice of weapons carried.

* No superplanes/fictional aircraft allowed on ANY game in the Battle Arena. This restriction applies to your wingmen, if any, as well. Just so there's no confusion, a list of non-approved aircraft follows;

- ADF-01 Falken
- ADF-02 Morgan
- CFA-44 Nosferatu
- Fenrir
- GAF-1 Varcolac
- YR-99 Forneus
- YR-302 Fregata
- X-02 Wyvern
- XFA-24 Apalis
- XFA-27
- XR-45 Cariburn

* I understand that circumstances may result in a competitor missing the deadline for turning in their required screenshot. In these situations, their opponent will win the match by default, assuming that they turn in their screenshot by the deadline. Not to mention you only get three chances to default. Three strikes and you're out. No exceptions.

Here's the leaderboard, showing all the supported games.

Leaderboard-blank.png

If you wish to participate, please post with the games you'll be available for.  Remember, the more titles per person, the better the Battle Arena system will work.  I'll give this signup effort a week.   If we get enough committed, I'm thinking of starting August 4th, 11th or 18th, for seven weeks/missions.  Put in your signup post if you have a preference. We cannot please everyone, but we'll try.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
OK, I've cleaned and renamed the thread. If you guys wanna put the Battle Arena together, please post, after reviewing the rules and discussions in the original thread.

If I can get 10+ for 7 weeks, I'll give out awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. If too many people drop out, the awards will be cancelled.

If you just want to run it for fun, give me at least 8 people for 5 weeks. Three or more titles each, please.

Also;

Opinion, please. Should I force Battle Arena to be run with an even number of players? If we have an odd number, do I drop the last one to sign up? I could go either way on this one, so I want to hear from you.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

nvm, I can't be asked after all.

Edited by PositronCannon, 19 May 2014 - 01:37 PM.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack
I'll just do 5 and Z for fun.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Ya got a 3rd, G?  It's really hard to have a large number of different matches when players don't have a large universe of games to choose from.

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern
Put me down for all AC PS2 games and AC6.

Edited by Muscle Man, 29 April 2014 - 06:21 PM.

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW 'Lancers'
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

All right! I sign up for all PS2 trilogy, let's get this rollin' Yeehaa!

Okay... I must take a nap

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

OK, so 04, 5, Zero and 6.     Actually, I'm not going to do anything until I have enough players.  This is like the 4th time we've tried this.  Only the first time worked.

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW 'Lancers'
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

Sadly... 

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

Ya got a 3rd, G?  It's really hard to have a large number of different matches when players don't have a large universe of games to choose from.

Nah. I'm not going to commit myself anymore than this. If I sign up for 4 just for the sake of it, I'm probably not going to even bother trying.

Edited by Kaiten Sushi-kun, 29 April 2014 - 07:14 PM.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,898 posts
  • Squad:DAS FUNK
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

PS2 games, ACX, and AC6. All but the latter played on PC emulators, mind you.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
Man, don't tell me that shit. Do we now need a discussion on using emulators?

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,898 posts

It's has established that they are now capable of competently running AC games. It has also been established I am an honorable man.

So no, we do not.

If need be, I can provide full gameplay videos, top to bottom, instead of the simple debriefing screenshot for scrutiny. The only other alternative I see is being provided with a PS2 and games at ACS' expense.

Edited by Broth3r, 29 April 2014 - 08:49 PM.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

I can second that. As far as gameplay is concerned there is zero difference between the games played on console and on emulator, so I see no reason why it shouldn't be allowed. In any case, I'd say it should be up to the participants to say if they have an issue with it.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

Man, don't tell me that shit. Do we now need a discussion on using emulators?

Well, you can either let him in or this can all go bust because nobody participates.

Your choice, yes?

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
I don't even want to worry about it. I suppose it's fair enough because the emulators are available to anyone, right?

I say we go with them. Differing opinions will, of course, be entertained.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,898 posts

Alright. I will record the gameplay in any case.

For further clarification, playing on an emulator will likely give me a disadvantage. The main PS2 emulator only recently became capable of running the PS2 ACs at full speed (and only on powerful machines), so there's a good chance I'll suffer from dropped frames at times. Additionally, any dishonest advantage that may or may not be implied I would have would also be possible in a console - and more easily so.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

I would think so. Don't worry about it. You know I'm trying to make this as simple and universal as possible, and emulators is just another point of contention.

Besides, its a PS2 emulator, not something specifically for Ace Combat, so I'm inclined to take it as a given.

In any case, go ahead with your plans on that. We'll see if anyone wants to bitch about it.

FlyAwayNow

FlyAwayNow

When it all hits the FAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:MiG-29 Fulcrum-A

Signing up:

-ACZ

-AC5

-AH:L

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,898 posts

I almost forgot: here's an ACZ emulator test for reference.

Edited by Broth3r, 30 April 2014 - 08:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users