Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

AC:I-For those who are getting the PS4...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

Battlehawk One

Battlehawk One

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Alright, I'm getting the PS4. That's my base knowledge. However, I'm not buying the PS3 for just one game.

However, [Sony] said that they're going to add a service to the PS4 to be able to play PS3 games. In other words, those who have the 360 now and are trading up will have to wait a while.

What does this mean to those with the PS3?

Play it.

Play it, and tell us how it is.

That is all.

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★supermagical schoolgirl★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
So does that mean if we get the PS4 we'll be able to get it in the future? I was gonna get the PS4 anyway.

Symphony8492

Symphony8492

Rookie

• Members
  • 48 posts

There is no point for me getting a PS3 right at the end of the gen now. But I will be getting the PS4, though. If they do this, then fine.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

NME_Commander

• Global Moderators
  • 10,747 posts

Alright, I'm getting the PS4. That's my base knowledge. However, I'm not buying the PS3 for just one game.

However, [Sony] said that they're going to add a service to the PS4 to be able to play PS3 games. In other words, those who have the 360 now and are trading up will have to wait a while.

What does this mean to those with the PS3?

Play it.

Play it, and tell us how it is.

That is all.

Source, please?

Vega 05

Vega 05

Beater lvl 125

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts

I wanted next gen consoles like 2 years ago, now I'm so found of my PS3 that I won't get a PS4 unless I really have to (to play a PS4 exclusive).
There are still good releases for PS3 this years holidays and uptill march 2014. So I think maybe a PS4 by the end of 2014. 

Oh it is generally known that you can play PS3 game titles on the PS4, but it will use the streaming service Gaikai. And you can't play your PS3 games on a PS4, you can download PS3 games on the PS4 and play them. Also the service Gaikai won't be available on release of the PS4. It will be launched starting march 2014 and not worldwide. first Japan, then USA, then Europe I believe. 

I have followed this years E3, so I processed a lot of info :D 

Battlehawk One

Battlehawk One

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Source, please?

http://en.wikipedia....i/PlayStation_4

"Sony plans to debut 'Gaikai', a cloud-based gaming service that hosts downloadable content and games."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaikai

"On February 20, 2013, Gaikai announced that PlayStationPlayStation 2, and PlayStation 3 titles would be made available for Sony's upcoming PlayStation 4 console in addition to features like Remote Play for PlayStation Vita."

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★supermagical schoolgirl★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
Oh god, so I can download all of the ace combats?! If they're made available? And I was thinking of purchasing a ps2 :P

Andy To The Sky

Andy To The Sky

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Holy fucking shit. You're right. You genius.

Battlehawk One

Battlehawk One

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Danke, herr Andy.

In any case, this pretty much negates the need for me to buy any legacy consoles. Instead, I get to just download those games when they show up. For instance, I should now be able to download the legacy Ace Combat games once they become available.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

NME_Commander

• Global Moderators
  • 10,747 posts

http://en.wikipedia....i/PlayStation_4

"Sony plans to debut 'Gaikai', a cloud-based gaming service that hosts downloadable content and games."

"On February 20, 2013, Gaikai announced that PlayStationPlayStation 2, and PlayStation 3 titles would be made available for Sony's upcoming PlayStation 4 console in addition to features like Remote Play for PlayStation Vita."

Thank you very much!  Since I have many PS1 and PS3 games, if they do port the Ace Combat series, I guess I'll have to get a PS4.

Holy fucking shit. You're right. You genius.

d14c7731.gif

Danke, herr Andy.

In any case, this pretty much negates the need for me to buy any legacy consoles. Instead, I get to just download those games when they show up. For instance, I should now be able to download the legacy Ace Combat games once they become available.

If.

Andy To The Sky

Andy To The Sky

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Sorry, I was made very happy and excited by that revelation.

Homuhomu

Homuhomu

Project Aces is my waifu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

err...

you guys do know

Does NOT mean 100% of the library will be available......right? Neither did the word "ALL" titles will be made available for ps4.

Edited by Drawfag, 20 July 2013 - 05:51 PM.

SG-17

SG-17

Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
It isn't downloading, it is streaming. The PlayStation 4 uses standard x86-64 architecture making it incompatible with the PowerPC architecture of the PlayStation 3. What Gaikai does is STREAM the PlayStation 3 (and PlayStation 2 as well probably) to your PlayStation 4 over the internet while the games are actually being run on a PlayStation 3.

Current rumors are that when Gaikai launches in late 2014 you will be able to place your PS3 disc inside your PS4 and the Gaikai software will detect which game it is and allow you to stream it for free (well you need to pay for PS+ to access Gaikai anyway).

Symphony8492

Symphony8492

Rookie

• Members
  • 48 posts

And then some two weeks from now all this will be forgotten when Bamco announces AC Infinity as multiplatform

... or at least I hope they announce it..

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,141 posts
Doubtful, they just announced Soul Calibur HD for both PS3 and X360; if ACI were Multi-Plat they would have announced it already.

Symphony8492

Symphony8492

Rookie

• Members
  • 48 posts

Doubtful, they just announced Soul Calibur HD for both PS3 and X360; if ACI were Multi-Plat they would have announced it already.

Well, people seem to forget that AH's teaser also only showed PS3 at the end. Besides, unless it's F2P, I don't see the reason of putting it as exclusive. I won't bring the low budget argument because I know for sure they are using most of the assets used in AH.

Homuhomu

Homuhomu

Project Aces is my waifu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Well, people seem to forget that AH's teaser also only showed PS3 at the end. Besides, unless it's F2P, I don't see the reason of putting it as exclusive. I won't bring the low budget argument because I know for sure they are using most of the assets used in AH.

Ever assumed because it was the PS3 version of the trailer? I THINK there was a 360 version of the trailer too. 

Oh right, this is why.....because the first trailer showed button prompt.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,141 posts
I think there was a presser the day it came out saying it was multi-plat. We really haven't gotten a presser from Namdai on this yet, but it seems probable that its Sony exclusive, at the very least.

Vega 05

Vega 05

Beater lvl 125

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts

Current rumors are that when Gaikai launches in late 2014 you will be able to place your PS3 disc inside your PS4 and the Gaikai software will detect which game it is and allow you to stream it for free (well you need to pay for PS+ to access Gaikai anyway).

I haven't heard that before, it would be awesome, cause this way, you can actually play your PS3 games on a PS4.

Symphony8492

Symphony8492

Rookie

• Members
  • 48 posts

Ever assumed because it was the PS3 version of the trailer? I THINK there was a 360 version of the trailer too. 

Oh right, this is why.....because the first trailer showed button prompt.

We only got the 360 version of an AH's trailer in the beginning of 2011, while the debut trailer was august 2010, showing only PS3, and at the time I was also scared of it being PS3 only. It was only some time later they confirmed it for the 360. I think it's gonna work out the same with this title. Unless of course, they are really going with the F2P stuff.

Edited by Symphony8492, 20 July 2013 - 07:27 PM.