Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Overcast-3 - SMS is celebrating!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

Ribbon-Blue

Ribbon-Blue

(」・ω・)」!(/・ω・)/!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

1373399901.jpg

- OR -

How I Learned to Stop Caring When I Get Shot Down and Started to Love the NPCs

[ Overcast-3 Event Page @ StratMil.net ]

Yo! Long time no see, ACS. I wasn't sure where to post this exactly... but I can't go wrong here.

The ever reclusive SMS has decided to host an event for the public. We've done two of these in the past with the Belkan Air Force in private and had great fun. The third one is special, however. This month we celebrate our first expansion many years ago; after RSQ split up and the foundation for the current SMS was formed. We're having our own our month long team celebration, but this event, Overcast-3 is a part of that as well. Once again, the event is open to the public, so feel free to sign up and play with us for an evening or two at the end of July. Come hang, play actual Ace Combat and have a chance at getting shiz for free. 

Feel free to ask questions n' such. Also, if you have a blue or green connection, we want your sweet, sweet internet. Hosts get comp'd Microsoft Points, so that's cool too.

THE [email protected]

THE [email protected]

Smoke Weed Everyday

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Come on ACS, I know SOME of you want to play still, and are you all seriously going to tell me you DON'T want free shit?

FREE SHIT?!

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,809 posts

It's AC6 online (that's already bad enough), without restricting the egregiously broken shit, and with people who range from decent to ungodly at it. I doubt many people here (or anywhere) like getting curbstomped in a game where they don't even know why it happens, no matter how much you say "How I Learned to Stop Caring When I Get Shot Down". I might have considered it if some limitations were in place, because anything above mid tier planes and SPW allowed is just not fun to play at all (note: not even talking about possibly winning here, just playing something that's at least somewhat fun), but otherwise it's a waste of time I could spend on anything else and it'd be more productive.

No offense to you guys who still play it, if you enjoy it, more power to you. I'm just saying, I wouldn't expect much.

THE [email protected]

THE [email protected]

Smoke Weed Everyday

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

It's AC6 online (that's already bad enough), without restricting the egregiously broken shit, and with people who range from decent to ungodly at it. I doubt many people here (or anywhere) like getting curbstomped in a game where they don't even know why it happens, no matter how much you say "How I Learned to Stop Caring When I Get Shot Down". I might have considered it if some limitations were in place, because anything above mid tier planes and SPW allowed is just not fun to play at all (note: not even talking about possibly winning here, just playing something that's at least somewhat fun), but otherwise it's a waste of time I could spend on anything else and it'd be more productive.

No offense to you guys who still play it, if you enjoy it, more power to you. I'm just saying, I wouldn't expect much.

You make it sound like you're playing in a room full of randoms. The majority of people playing would probably be using XMAs and SAAMs (which if you hate you're literally a terrible human being), probably flying mid-tier planes because they don't want to feed points to the other players (people who play high-tier planes don't win much against skilled players, and actual skilled players tend to prefer a plane that doesn't hurt them if it gets shot down yo). But I mean if you're gonna` just discredit something without even looking into it, without even giving it a shot (which is free), just because you have bitter memories about playing AC6 with pubbies/S&S/whatever, then sucks to be you.

More prizes and openings for anyone who is willing to live a little instead of letting their bad experiences hold them back.

EDIT: You know, I've noticed that there still exists this belief that SMS and BAF are super great conspiracy buddies, trying to win everything for each other. That's only because you big goddamn babies never do anything with SMS, while the BAF actually get off their lazy, pessimistic asses to shoot people down in jolly competitive play. You all made the SMS/BAF conspiracy, and you continue to propagate it to this day with your inability to play games and instead just bitch about games you have yet to play.

TRIPLE EDIT:

http://www.stratmil.net/oc3sd.html

OH HEY THERE'S WEAPONS LEVEL 2/PLANE LEVEL 2 BATTLES! WE ALL WIN!

Edited by SMS SKULL 2, 21 July 2013 - 07:18 PM.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,809 posts

I guess you're talking in general, but just in case, I wasn't implying anything about a "BAF/SMS conspiracy", I agree that's dumb as all hell.

Anyway, maybe you're right. Hell, it's not like I haven't had any fun whatsoever with AC6 in the past. It's just that between me getting more jaded and knowing I suck at the game, I can only think of the worst case nowadays. My last match being part of the complete shitfest that was ISC 2012 (was it 2012? me in charge of keeping track of time) doesn't help either.

Bah, you know what, fuck it. I'll sign up. I said it's time I could spend elsewhere but who am I kidding, I've got jack to do in the first place. Don't worry, I won't be fuming after I get my ass handed to me.

Edited by PositronCannon, 21 July 2013 - 07:36 PM.

THE [email protected]

THE [email protected]

Smoke Weed Everyday

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

PC you are a mensch and a bro. Also, as I mentioend in the edited post, we have Plane level 2/Weapons level 2 matches, so you get what you wanted!

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts

If I host, how many MS points do I get out of it?

Edited by Legend of Ace Combat, 22 July 2013 - 11:50 AM.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,809 posts

From their site:

To be a game host, you'll need to be able to host ten or more people in a room with few issues. In terms of Ace Combat 6, this means having a stable Green or Blue connection. Official OC-3 Game Hosts will be compensated for their time. They will be given 400MSP for every four sessions they host (that's eight 10:00 long rounds) a day.

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

• Members
  • 3,148 posts

I'll be able to host for 2 hours max, so as long my brother doesn't quit his lessons.

When do I host? I'm available from 4:00 - 6:30 PM PST.

THE [email protected]

THE [email protected]

Smoke Weed Everyday

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

I believe we're full up on hosts.

Ribbon-Blue

Ribbon-Blue

(」・ω・)」!(/・ω・)/!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Actually, we may have him host for an evening. Which day(s) are you available during that time?

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

• Members
  • 3,148 posts

Monday-Thursday

THE [email protected]

THE [email protected]

Smoke Weed Everyday

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

What is your internet connection?

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

• Members
  • 3,148 posts

ISP is Time Warner/Road Runner.

Bandwidth is 10,000 kb

Ribbon-Blue

Ribbon-Blue

(」・ω・)」!(/・ω・)/!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Ah, the event is this Friday, Saturday and Sunday though. Sorry. 

The Protector

The Protector

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
BAF members participating in the event:

1. Hornet, possible host
2. Raz, possible host
3. Barnsley
4. Matzke 
5. Neko_len
6. Kilel
7. Morgana 
8. Vostok

Potential hosts will be in contact with you.

Barnsley1001

Barnsley1001

Rookie

• Members
  • 38 posts

I most likely won't make it due to it being around 1AM on Friday and Saturday and 11PM on Sunday. If at all Sunday would be most likely. Sorry.

RazgrizRogue

RazgrizRogue

Scrub McNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Saturday is a no go for me, but Friday and Sunday are good.

THE [email protected]

THE [email protected]

Smoke Weed Everyday

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

I most likely won't make it due to it being around 1AM on Friday and Saturday and 11PM on Sunday. If at all Sunday would be most likely. Sorry.

How did you not check the schedule before you signed yourself up?

Ribbon-Blue

Ribbon-Blue

(」・ω・)」!(/・ω・)/!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

http://www.stratmil....-announced.html

All OC-3 participants and hosts, read up!