Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat: Infinity Discussion

(Spam/off topic posts may be deleted without warning)

• Please log in to reply
58463 replies to this topic

Tomcatlover

Tomcatlover

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts
  • Plane:F-14E Tomcat 21
This is what I love this thread for. Never change my friends. :D

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

Now, on to new business... Anybody wanna give me odds that I can burn 120 cans the final two weeks of the 3rd anniversary celebration and still not come close to sniffing Excal IV or SOLG -Gould-?

I'll take that bet. If I win, you invite me to the raid... And if you win I'll give you recognition as most shit out of luck Ace Combatant :D

I'm stupidly taking PA at their word that raids will appear "much more frequently" & skipping my usual credit grind through RTDM this weekend.

CharlyFirpo666

CharlyFirpo666

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

I'm stupidly taking PA at their word that raids will appear "much more frequently" & skipping my usual credit grind through RTDM this weekend.

I can imagine those faces, when players burnt all their fuel in the last tdm and then they realized the 3rd anniversary announcement.

I will definetly burn all my stocked during the next weeks.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
Yeah if they instead announced it at the end of this next RTDM I'd have been the same!

I'll probably have about 130 fuel stocked up by the start of the campaign. Should be enough to manage a solid contract run in each weekend & have a reasonable chance of completing the special raid challenges.

I wonder what those challenges will be? Maybe like the OEL challenges where you need to score a certain amount over multiple sorties?

CharlyFirpo666

CharlyFirpo666

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
So, to get this straight. The current coop tournament is the best way to reach a top ranking position. Cause everyone is stocking and rtdm is doing its distracting part.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
Yeah, you could be on to something there.

Not so fussed about event ranking myself anymore. Nothing I really want in the medal exchange I haven't bought already. I mean, I'm actually looking at that 200-medal skin for the Wyvern, and I barely ever fly the thing.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

Seriously... The B-2A challenge is impossible on hippie peacenik ring battle, isn't it? The only halfway viable strategy I can think of is to play Tokyo with weapons on, fly really high and just spam MUGBs on everyone for as long as you can before someone comes after you...

Has anyone other than me even tried it?

You know what would make ring battle a million times better? If your points came from not just capping a ring, but also how long your held it... Would make things much more strategic.

Edited by botafogo4life, 08 May 2017 - 12:36 PM.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

that's the one for the callsign that sounds like some sorta Ikea furniture isn't it? I got it ages ago by having someone else do it.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

that's the one for the callsign that sounds like some sorta Ikea furniture isn't it? I got it ages ago by having someone else do it.

How? By using the strategy I outlined, or something different?

Or did he boost it?

Edited by botafogo4life, 08 May 2017 - 12:37 PM.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
I imagine you'd have most success getting kills by bombing the runway in San Diego.

Still, a nickname & 10,000 credits aren't much of a reward for all that stuffing about.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

How? By using the strategy I outlined, or something different?

By not being bad at the game I guess.

Probably boosting.

Definitely boosting.

Edited by ekirbo, 08 May 2017 - 09:55 PM.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

By not being bad at the game I guess.

Probably boosting.

Definitely boosting.

I mean, since he was playing your account you were, you know, watching at the time, right?

At least tell me what level your B-2A Spirit is?

I imagine you'd have most success getting kills by bombing the runway in San Diego.

Still, a nickname & 10,000 credits aren't much of a reward for all that stuffing about.

Yeah, that's another fruitful spot, especially if you can find an 8-man room and enemies are really dumb/indifferent. And the payout needs to be 50k at least for such a unique accomplishment. I can count on one hand the number of times I've ever seen it attempted (including my own attempt)

Edited by botafogo4life, 09 May 2017 - 10:27 AM.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

I mean, since he was playing your account you were, you know, watching at the time, right?

correct, kirby talks about it every now and then.

about how his account and idol b-2 were hardcore ntr'd for days at a time.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

correct, kirby talks about it every now and then.

about how his account and idol b-2 were hardcore ntr'd for days at a time.

it was horrible. I had some casual who liked Uzuki fly that B-2. It was so bad that I didn't even want to touch it afterwards. 

Shiro

Shiro

CG PLANES WHEN BAMCO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

1487132421241.png

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

1. BrainGolem should be proud, as I have NOT deviated from the plan one iota. The Black Widow is Lv.17, the Talisman 14 and the Coccoon 13... Any optimal loadout suggestions for the Widow would be appreciated, because I'm not getting anywhere near what I should out of it...

2. You know, there's a special place in hell for hosts who sit on their asses while the room fills and the moment it's full only THEN do they fucking decide to spend 10+ minutes completely rebuilding their hangar loadouts... These people are the reason why it took me over an hour just to burn FOUR fuel cans...

3. I discovered the Strigon Leader on my alt is really reallly bad at Ring Battle, but that's a one-airframe account now, so screw it.... Single-airframe accounts are liberating and challenging at the same time.  No matter the map or situation, you've just got to make it work. (FWIW my SL is Level 2 with Level 3 ADMM downtuned to Level 1 for the XP boost)

4. So there I was last night on Aerospace normal (4-man), and what do I see? My partner, my cousin, my bro rockin' a maxed-out B-1B -Razor-.... With MSOD(!)  Dear God, why do people do things like this? Even the good people at 7th Bomber Wing at Dyess AFB who never even heard of ACI felt a disturbance in the force and wept out of pity... If there are proper bombers in the next AC game I'm gonna make a lot of money on my youtube account making advanced bomber tutorials...

5. And you people flying these slow-assed 4AGM Fullbacks on Aerospace? Please stop... Or please continue, since that will help me finish my assignment that much faster...

6. I stumbled upon a boost party on Dubai (naturally) last night... Who in the name of holy hell is still trying to boost shit in this game's twilight?

7. I know I asked this in my long lost "stupid questions" thread, but for some reason I don't clearly remember: Does datalink affect both standard and special weapons, or just standard?

8. And is it officially confirmed that every multirole at 38 parts slots gives a credits rebate, as opposed to 41 for everything else?

9. I tell you one thing I like about the Fencer... On Dubai at night the cockpit lights up like a christmas tree... It's the Su-24's only redeeming feature.

10. Battlefield 1 is fun, but so far I'm getting my balls shot off constantly... Much steeper learning curve than BF3

11. Now you're all going to appreciate the technical brilliance and aesthetic beauty of the YF-23 on the same level that I do:

YF-23%20cutaway.jpg

Edited by botafogo4life, 12 May 2017 - 10:46 AM.

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Squad:The Michael Rosen Rappers
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

7. I know I asked this in my long lost "stupid questions" thread, but for some reason I don't clearly remember: Does datalink affect both standard and special weapons, or just standard?

Datalink affects them both, since it's universal, as opposed to just your weapons. (It just so happens that most of the datalinks cater to weapons)

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

I've got another question, since it's evident that I'll never get the chance to try it again...

Can a 4-man, no bot lobby 'S'-rank B7R-HARD using only props? I've only ever seen it attempted with mid-level props and the best we were able to do was a 'C'... In my guesstimation all four would have to be at least level 15 to even think about it...

Can any regular HARD level be 'S'-ranked with props, even with 6-8 players?

Aerospace I know is a non-starter because there's just too much area to cover... That was another 'C' rank and we barely made that grade (and God help us if Captain Nemo's sub shows up)

Moscow I never tried, but maybe with enough Sky Kid FAEB/SFFS cheese

Tokyo I'm pretty sure can be done... IIRC we got an 'A'-rank and only a screwup and a weak player prevented that from being 'S'

Pipes I never tried but that's also a fair amount of area to cross and there's also the possibility of Capt. Nemo

WBA I never tried but would have to all Sky Kid cheese with maybe one regular prop to do A2A/ECM?

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Props sure can do that. They can 4 man no bots hard generally any mission that isn't WBA or a tier 4 raid.

CharlyFirpo666

CharlyFirpo666

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
Did s-rank Retro Hard 4p no bots once. May have to try out the other maps. Sounds like fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users