Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat: Infinity Discussion

(Spam/off topic posts may be deleted without warning)

• Please log in to reply
58287 replies to this topic

Falken Hunter

Falken Hunter

Pilot of the Hi-Nu Gundam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Plane:CFA-44 Nosferatu
And we've finally reached the point where the new tournaments are being rerun. Fuck, where is AC7??

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

And we've finally reached the point where the new tournaments are being rerun. Fuck, where is AC7??

ded, ace combat is dead. Give up all hope and let it pass on.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

My only raids since last week have been sea strike. One on sunday, one yesterday.

How? 

If that's the case, then why have I not seen it in damn near a year despite playing almost daily?

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

How? 

If that's the case, then why have I not seen it in damn near a year despite playing almost daily?

Because the game hates you, buy more fuel to solve that and appease the desire detector.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

How?

2915 pages in & we're still asking "how to find raids"?!?

<<Man, this is making me cry.>>

Arekasune

Arekasune

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Plane:X-49 Night Raven

There's a reason we all had to bury the knowledge within ourselves that ACI is a shit game. That reason is, we needed our AC fix and ACI was the only stank-ass shit we could get. 

Edited by Arekasune, 2 weeks ago.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

There's a reason we all had to bury the knowledge within ourselves that ACI is a shit game. That reason is, we needed our AC fix and ACI was the only stank-ass shit we could get. 

could always just play one of the other ace combats. Project nemo for instance is a good choice, so you can play JP 3.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

1. YF-23 is getting better slowly but surely... For the first time in forever I'm playing TDM for more than just the free fuel refill.  The Widow is competitive, but still way behind where I need it to be... And FWIW, doing raids without a multi-lock Sp.W is a real pain in the ass...

2.  I've decided what I want to do with all those worthless medals... I need 167 more to carry out my plan, though

3.  Namco missed a trick by not including some kind of XP boost/daily challenge to the daily login goodies...

4. Seriously, who does this shit? I had a teammate in an Idol B-2A in a sub-1500 room who put *prop* parts in his blue slots...

5. Why do the YF-23 and F-15E have the same cockpit?

6. Meanwhile, on the PS4 front, the refreshed GTA V seems to have almost as many drawbacks as benefits (ironically many of these 'drawbacks' are things I'd been begging for since forever, so be careful what your wish for); Doom was lit, Uncharted 4 so far has been lit, and I still have BF1 and Battlefront to dive into after this... And if that wasn't enough I still have to go back and finish Mass Effect 2 to bring some closure to that saga...

2915 pages in & we're still asking "how to find raids"?!?

<<Man, this is making me cry.>>

Just imagine my level of outrage if I ever discovered Excalibur IV and SOLG -Gould- really existed and weren't just some kind of mythical hoax...  :unsure:

=========================================

Oh, so y'all thought if you abandoned this thread entirely I wouldn't keep posting? Guess by default I'm the new admin of the ACI board...

8. Golem would be proud, I've stuck with my minimalist plan and ignored all temptation to whip out some comfortable fallbacks like the Pixels Morgan or Oruma Thunderbolt or the Jolly Rogers, Ali-Cat, etc.... Currently the Widow is Lv.15, the Tali is 14 and the Cocoon is 13. The good news is I've been forced to adapt to this new style and gotten slightly better as a result, the bad new is I now find the game incredibly boring without variety...

9. Meanwhile, I've re-discovered my alt account and have been having much more fun, at least until my credits and fuel tanks run out... This is also a minimalist account with ONE aircraft -- The Strigon Leader... I should have thought of this before...

10. I never realized how much I missed having a 4AAM/6AAM fighter until it was gone, especially on raids... HCAA just doesn't cut it

11. I decided to spend my medals on acquiring the 'big four' (Alect, Aston Martin V-12, Sulejmani DGAF-1, and the Romulan Warbird), which will mean I'll finally own every airframe in the game (in one version or another)... Need about another 150 medals...

12. The Sulejmani has the BEST cockpit layout of all the airframes, final answer... It also gave me a max slots credits bonus when I used it -- Is that normal?

13. The Aston Martin V-12 is the fugliest thing flying, but even at Lv.1 it turns the game into an absolute joke. I'm surprised more people aren't flying it...

14. Figured this would be right up some of y'alls alley, if there was anybody left reading:  http://kotaku.com/th...show-1794376855

15. Could an argument be made that ADMM has even less value as a Sp.W than ESM?  I can't tell you the times I've been waiting for it to lock on to 6-10 targets and some other player swoops in and cleans them all up right after I've fired... It has really shitty lock-on logic, too... Yeah, let's send SIX little missiles to a yellow target but only ONE to the red right next to it...

16. Speaking of which, I reached a new low in "Worthless NTDM Teammates": An ESM Growler with two parts(!) He scored like 1200 points. If you jaggoffs want to fly 760-cost frames in unrestricted rooms, go join the other fucking team, at least... If you really want to laugh, my other teammate was a 1300-cost UGB Fencer!

17. You'll never know the meaning of the term "carrying motherfuckers" until you've scored 165k and LOST 40-0...

18. On the other hand, sometimes the worthless players are on the other team -- For the first time ever I saw a "mercy rule" invoked when we won 99-1 (and no, the other team did not have any players drop out)

19. The Widow isn't as good at dogfighting as I'd expect it to be at this level... Is there something I'm doing wrong, or do I just need to get better?

20. Mercifully, I'm out of stocked fuel tanks... Even though NTDM is easily my biggest moneymaker, it's impossible to play thanks to lobbies that never fill up, the bad kiddie hosts and the red boot of fascism... Last night it took me an HOUR to fly two sorties -- And a special "FUCK YOU" to the 2150 host who kicked me out of his lobby full of 1500-1600s...

21. It's also harder to hustle because by now everyone has discovered the way to grind out fighter kills and slash the inherent Attacker/Bomber advantages (LOL anti-homing part) is to play in sub-1500 rooms. Not that I can't rock sub-1500 rooms, it's just a bigger PITA when all I can use is MUGB and there's two fighters holding over the fleet just waiting for me...

22. I used to see LASM aircraft all the time and now they're all but extinct... Nowadays if you want to take out the flotilla you go big (B-1/B-2/FB-22/F-14B) or you go home...

23.  Apropos of nothing:  http://rapidcityjour...66f92363ce.html

https://theaviationi...east-china-sea/

24. Well, I guess it's back to finally finishing Mass Effect 2... Been a longer slog than I thought, I'm only a quarter of the way though...

Edited by botafogo4life, 2 days ago.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)