Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat: Infinity Discussion

(Spam/off topic posts may be deleted without warning)

• Please log in to reply
58288 replies to this topic

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

Definitely.

Short-explanation: it is Rise of the Tomb Raider, but using only medieval-like weapons (spear, bows, etc), with a better stealth mechanic and a touch of JRPG-like gameplay. And is really good.

But Rise of the tomb raider was cinematic trash.

Flaren89

Flaren89

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

You can have that; I'm waiting for Mass Effect, personally...

And it's still no excuse to slack off... Even though I've got a new PS4 and four (soon to be six) new games, I still find time to ACI at least once daily, just to burn the free fuel tanks if nothing else..

Not when you work 9 hours per day, have to practice for next race of a simracing endurance championship, WoW raid 3 evenings per week and playing Horizon.

But Rise of the tomb raider was cinematic trash.

The JRPG-like compound and the fact is better done makes it great.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

Not when you work 9 hours per day, have to practice for next race of a simracing endurance championship, WoW raid 3 evenings per week and playing Horizon.

Not to mention the fact that you'll also be getting Mass Effect this weekend with all the other cool kids, so I understand your plate is full...

...But surely you can spare 10 mins daily to do one quick 3x sortie, right? I mean, you're busy and I'm busy but USAFguy22 still finds a way to play and he's the only person standing between us and unchecked aggression from Red China which threatens to creep south and strangle the Pacific Rim like so many Kudzu vines...

Long story short, we all have our unique sacrifices to make...

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Definitely.
Short-explanation: it is Rise of the Tomb Raider, but using only medieval-like weapons (spear, bows, etc), with a better stealth mechanic and a touch of JRPG-like gameplay. And is really good.

Ok thanks I'll give it a try.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Shit man, just use it as EML practice or something. 

I genuinely enjoy playing no weapons because I'm an idiot, though. Besides, if I grind in RTDM then I get more levels so more ammo, so I get more practice in coop. Though I'm up to level 15 now so I get 18 shots which is alright. Sometimes I actually end with 1 or 2 left instead of running out early every single game like I used to, so that's nice.

Tomcatlover

Tomcatlover

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • Plane:F-14E Tomcat 21

Not to mention the fact that you'll also be getting Mass Effect this weekend with all the other cool kids, so I understand your plate is full...

...But surely you can spare 10 mins daily to do one quick 3x sortie, right? I mean, you're busy and I'm busy but USAFguy22 still finds a way to play and he's the only person standing between us and unchecked aggression from Red China which threatens to creep south and strangle the Pacific Rim like so many Kudzu vines...

Long story short, we all have our unique sacrifices to make...

10 min for one sortie? More like 20... Boot up game, find room you like, join, get kicked, repeat x3, enter new room, only noobs, leave, no room found, no room found, kicked, no room found, sortie.

-.-

Flaren89

Flaren89

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

10 min for one sortie? More like 20... Boot up game, find room you like, join, get kicked, repeat x3, enter new room, only noobs, leave, no room found, no room found, kicked, no room found, sortie.

-.-

More like 30 minutes many times, happening like this... And with my 2050 to 2100 range, happens often to get kicked... Full of Seal Clubbers (or wannabe-like) in the 2000+ range...

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

-.-

More like 30 minutes many times, happening like this... And with my 2050 to 2100 range, happens often to get kicked... Full of Seal Clubbers (or wannabe-like) in the 2000+ range...

True... I meant to say 10 minutes was the best-case scenario... And I'm not even mentioning the rooms that take forever to find that last man...

Edited by botafogo4life, 18 March 2017 - 01:58 PM.

Knight Valfodr

Knight Valfodr

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

Tfw

-.-

And to think I'm deaf to all these realities while hosting and getting good matches on short notice. And I'm 2500 MR.

Also,

6tw8nBN.png

q6xZlbP.png

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • Squad:The Michael Rosen Rappers
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

"Not Human" reminds me of the WoW episode of South Park where the Blizzard staff ask, "How do you kill that, which has no life?" :lol:

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

4AAM ZOE Falken seems like it'd be cool, since 875 cost means it'd actually work on hard. Too bad it costs 1000 medals and 345 million credits to make it work.

Well, it's still nice that 4AAM finally beats 6AAM at something. Even if it is just because of the plane rather than the weapon itself.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

So -- 220 medals. Should I get two good 100-medal airframes, or should I blow the wad on a shitload of 20-medal airframes, or should I just keep upgrading what's in my hangar and burn it all on more liveries which I would never use but like collecting anyway?

And to think I'm deaf to all these realities while hosting and getting good matches on short notice. And I'm 2500 MR.

That's because we all want to be youtube stars... The exposure from your vids helps get my name out there...

4AAM ZOE Falken seems like it'd be cool, since 875 cost means it'd actually work on hard. Too bad it costs 1000 medals and 345 million credits to make it work.

Well, it's still nice that 4AAM finally beats 6AAM at something. Even if it is just because of the plane rather than the weapon itself.

Jesus... Fucking... Christ... That's like 40% of what I've made in my entire playtime!!  :blink:   I'll double-check when I get home, but I don't think I've even crossed the billion-credit mark yet... I'll keep my fake imitation Z.O.E./O.S.E.A Falken with the red skin, thank you! Nobody will know the difference  ^_^

Edited by botafogo4life, 20 March 2017 - 10:45 AM.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,893 posts
  • Squad:DAS FUNK
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

So -- 220 medals. Should I get two good 100-medal airframes, or should I blow the wad on a shitload of 20-medal airframes, or should I just keep what's in my hangar and burn it all on more liveries which I would never use but like collecting anyway.

Cipher Draken. You know you want that second gen double delta goodness.

You know, I haven't played this game in two and a half years, but I keep a few tabs on it for fun's sake, and I have to ask - what's the benefit in going past lv 15? Standard missile range and a few other hidden traits keep increasing past lv 10, does that still hold true past 15?

I know both income and expenses have increased since I last played, but I still can't for the life of me understand the purpose of some of these investments. In a game like ACI that offers so much variety but chokes free players out of it through its price, I can't understand why those who do have the opportunity to indulge in that variety would instead invest on the literal definition of diminishing returns - again, unless I'm missing something. Or if it's your planefu, in which case fuck the meta and fuck common sense, go with your heart.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

You know, I haven't played this game in two and a half years, but I keep a few tabs on it for fun's sake, and I have to ask - what's the benefit in going past lv 15? Standard missile range and a few other hidden traits keep increasing past lv 10, does that still hold true past 15?

I know both income and expenses have increased since I last played, but I still can't for the life of me understand the purpose of some of these investments. In a game like ACI that offers so much variety but chokes free players out of it through its price, I can't understand why those who do have the opportunity to indulge in that variety would instead invest on the literal definition of diminishing returns - again, unless I'm missing something. Or if it's your planefu, in which case fuck the meta and fuck common sense, go with your heart.

On the surface, the only real benefit of going past 15 is the extra part slot and extra Sp.W ammo, iirc... For some of the more cumbersome airframes the boost in agility and acceleration can make a huge difference since top speed isn't always everything (See: A-10A -Oruma- which for all its top speed is the slowest to reach it), and for those trying to advance through the ranks, a Level 20 de-tuned to Level 10/11 can destroy sub-1500 lobbies while giving a 25% XP bonus... You also can't discount some of the more subtler bonuses like faster weapons reload and longer lock-on distance+standard missile damage...

Besides, in unrestricted lobbies you need one good Level 20 in each class as an option just to maintain parity.  Every time I think my airframes are 'good enough' I get roped into a lobby with knight, tyoturret or golem and after they hoover up all the points I gotta go on another expensive upgrade spree for the whole hangar...

But YMMV. While I've noted that the scores in my B-1B -Razor- aren't noticeably better at Level 20 than they were at say, Level 17-18, I admit there is a satisfaction of having it at 20.

But yeah, from day one the whole research/economic structure in this game has been an imbalanced, half-assed joke at best, made worse by a bunch of shoddy fixes... It's clear that Namco never in their wildest dreams imagined this game to be the cash cow that it has been and they never planned on it surviving this long...

EDIT: I hear you on the Cipher Saab 35, but I was thinking more along the lines of fighters, since that class is still my weakest after ditching the Russian airframes...

Edited by botafogo4life, 20 March 2017 - 11:30 AM.

Tomcatlover

Tomcatlover

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • Plane:F-14E Tomcat 21

That's because we all want to be youtube stars... The exposure from your vids helps get my name out there...

Aaaaaah, I'm probably so famous that everyone fears that I will post a video of me destroying them xD

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

You know, I haven't played this game in two and a half years, but I keep a few tabs on it for fun's sake, and I have to ask - what's the benefit in going past lv 15?

You get a nickname for level 20.

Very important.

Shiro

Shiro

CG PLANES WHEN BAMCO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

It's definitely not human to spend ungodly amounts of credits on a weapon bay plane .-.

You know, I haven't played this game in two and a half years, but I keep a few tabs on it for fun's sake, and I have to ask - what's the benefit in going past lv 15? Standard missile range and a few other hidden traits keep increasing past lv 10, does that still hold true past 15

Its more of a completion thing. The performance gain at 16-20 isnt nearly enough to compensate for the costs. Also mostly 750+cst planes gain an advantage because they can 1 shot hard reds at level 19. My miki was lvl 15 for pretty much a year and even got 42 slots before it reached 20 back in 3x weekends. It was still able to compete with lv 20s

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

So -- 220 medals. Should I get two good 100-medal airframes, or should I blow the wad on a shitload of 20-medal airframes, or should I just keep upgrading what's in my hangar and burn it all on more liveries which I would never use but like collecting anyway?

It would be most consistent with ur ACS persona to invest 200 medals in a skin for a plane that u don't own ;)

But yeah just choose one plane at a time. Even if it's only a 20 medal plane. They all take time & credits to be useful regardless of how many medals they cost to obtain.

You get a nickname for level 20.

Very important.

Not important at all. It's All For Nothing :D

CharlyFirpo666

CharlyFirpo666

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
I am still speculating on a trade for credits or fuel option in one final update. Maybe when AC7 launches. Since namco stopped to implement new 200 medal skins there is nothing to spent.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
I've given up on updates long ago, but haven't given up on new skins in the medal exchange. If they start adding all those different coloured repeating emblems (of if they just stop updating the exchange) then I'll officially give up on that too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)