Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat: Infinity Discussion

(Spam/off topic posts may be deleted without warning)

• Please log in to reply
58468 replies to this topic

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

1. In honor of USAFguy22, I present you with a little light reading for this weekend... There will be a quiz on Monday.

www.theboomsignal.net/pdf/Voices_from_an_Old_Warrior.pdf

2.  I've always wondered -- Why don't any black girls attend Flight High School?

3.  When does the White Tiger Mirage become available? I got it on my alt through magic, but I still haven't been able to find it on my main...

Edited by botafogo4life, 03 March 2017 - 11:56 AM.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

2.  I've always wondered -- Why don't any black girls attend Flight High School?

@mods

can we deal with the blatant racism in this thread thank you

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

WOW jeez look at this guy trying to force diversity down the throat of everyone, c'mon boga why don't you accept the plane as good characters for how they are in ideology and not just care about skin colour.

Just disgusting with this prejudice.

Wolfsbane706

Wolfsbane706

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Squad:Looking

86694824.jpg

Good idea.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

WOW jeez look at this guy trying to force diversity down the throat of everyone, c'mon boga why don't you accept the plane as good characters for how they are in ideology and not just care about skin colour.

Just disgusting with this prejudice.

I'm feeling excluded... A hundred girlies at that school and not one of them looks like me?

@mods

can we deal with the blatant racism in this thread thank you

I would tell you to go to hell but that's probably too raw a place for you to handle... Therefore, you sir, can go straight to heck!

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

I'm feeling excluded... A hundred girlies at that school and not one of them looks like me?

bota i don't think they'd really look like you in any case unless you're a planegirl

bota are you a planegirl?

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts

could you imagine if bogo was a planegirl irl

Wolfsbane706

Wolfsbane706

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

A mess waiting to happen.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts
  • Squad:DAS FUNK
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

Anyway, I just watched one of duck360's ACI videos

That was your first mistake.

To be fair, though, I've been feeling like playing again. Good thing that I can't, as I don't have a PS3 since Nov 2014. It just makes no bloody sense. Through emulation and my 360 I have almost every single other AC at the tip of my fingers, and yet I can't scratch the itch. Maybe it's because I'm falling for the one mistake that I didn't when I was playing - wanting way too much stuff, specially now that I see almost all of it is easily available through tickers or low medal requirements. Bloody hell I want that turbo Draken. Or to level the F-15C Cipher I criminally never touched because I simply didn't have the need nor funds. Of course then I'll just fall into a critical lack of dosh, as I did back then as an (almost) free player, I'm just forgetting the rules. Then again I do see people getting three fucking million on a black raid when the 4M struggle for my lv. 15 Gripen felt loooooong, so I dunno how that stands today.

Or maybe I just reaaaaally miss that glorious Gripen and stomping it allowed on high tiers. They did mention some sort of customization or progress in AC7, looking forward to that - because after both AH and ACI allowed low tiers to shine brightly, it'd be a shame to go back to a shitty hard meta.

Edited by Broth3r, 04 March 2017 - 04:13 PM.

Wolfsbane706

Wolfsbane706

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

That was your first mistake.

To be fair, though, I've been feeling like playing again. Good thing that I can't, as I don't have a PS3 since Nov 2014. It just makes no bloody sense. Through emulation and my 360 I have almost every single other AC at the tip of my fingers, and yet I can't scratch the itch. Maybe it's because I'm falling for the one mistake that I didn't when I was playing - wanting way too much stuff, specially now that I see almost all of it is easily available through tickers or low medal requirements. Bloody hell I want that turbo Draken. Or to level the F-15C Cipher I criminally never touched because I simply didn't have the need nor funds. Of course then I'll just fall into a critical lack of dosh, as I did back then as an (almost) free player, I'm just forgetting the rules. Then again I do see people getting three fucking million on a black raid when the 4M struggle for my lv. 15 Gripen felt loooooong, so I dunno how that stands today.

Or maybe I just reaaaaally miss that glorious Gripen and stomping it allowed on high tiers. They did mention some sort of customization or progress in AC7, looking forward to that - because after both AH and ACI allowed low tiers to shine brightly, it'd be a shame to go back to a shitty hard meta.

Who knows.  I definitely don't.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

So... That really happened over the weekend -- MDIII, eight-man lobby, and ***SIX*** players rocked the Morgan (I wasn't one of them unfortunately)

CharlyFirpo666

CharlyFirpo666

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

So... That really happened over the weekend -- MDIII, eight-man lobby, and ***SIX*** players rocked the Morgan (I wasn't one of them unfortunately)

Have not seen a gold or black in ages.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

So I just happened to watch one of Val's videos and noticed he that he was getting more credits than me, so I looked things up on gwiki and apparently pistons get a 50% bonus to credits from score in RTDM.

So firstly, what the fuck is with that? And secondly, why the fuck is that secret? If they get a bonus then the game should tell you! It's not relevant to me since it wouldn't make up for the extra credits from having max slots that some of my other planes have, but I still would have liked knowing! Fucking Namco, man.

Oh, now that I look they get a bonus to tournament points too. It's only small, but they still get it. What is this shit? They shouldn't have been in the game in the first place, but now you give them unfair bonuses just because as well? Who thought this was a good idea!?

Edited by Brain Golem, 07 March 2017 - 04:57 AM.

CharlyFirpo666

CharlyFirpo666

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
Now it aint a secret anymore. I will have a look at it for myself. Pistons dont make sense in San Diego. Maybe that is why they get bonus.

Arekasune

Arekasune

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • Plane:X-49 Night Raven

It's because pistons were a shit idea so they make more cash to make up for them. :^)

Edited by Arekasune, 07 March 2017 - 03:43 PM.

Knight Valfodr

Knight Valfodr

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

So I just happened to watch one of Val's videos and noticed he that he was getting more credits than me, so I looked things up on gwiki and apparently pistons get a 50% bonus to credits from score in RTDM.

So firstly, what the fuck is with that? And secondly, why the fuck is that secret? If they get a bonus then the game should tell you! It's not relevant to me since it wouldn't make up for the extra credits from having max slots that some of my other planes have, but I still would have liked knowing! Fucking Namco, man.

Oh, now that I look they get a bonus to tournament points too. It's only small, but they still get it. What is this shit? They shouldn't have been in the game in the first place, but now you give them unfair bonuses just because as well? Who thought this was a good idea!?

I noticed that last RTDM, so I maxed out the slots for my level 20 Zero and experimented during the weekend's stream. Crashing with a piston is forgiving since I still get more than I would with a jet.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

So who among you is ballsy enough to take on the B-2A Spirit Challenge?

Now it aint a secret anymore. I will have a look at it for myself. Pistons dont make sense in San Diego. Maybe that is why they get bonus.

Props do just fine on Tokyo though (although I was in a free-fire room so we weren't doing the peacenik aerial ballet)... If I had any other reason to play RTDM other than the free fuel cans, I'd do nothing but props...

Now you start to understand why Namco pisses me off to no end, right?  -_-

Edited by botafogo4life, 07 March 2017 - 05:13 PM.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
I noticed a lot of people flying pistons, so I guess a few people knew about this credit bonus. I had no idea. I'll keep flying my jets anyway, thanks.

It's international women's day today so of course media is telling us about the gender pay gap. If they only knew about the piston pay gap...

USAFguy22

USAFguy22

Your favorite whale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack

1. In honor of USAFguy22, I present you with a little light reading for this weekend... There will be a quiz on Monday.
www.theboomsignal.net/pdf/Voices_from_an_Old_Warrior.pdf

3.  When does the White Tiger Mirage become available? I got it on my alt through magic, but I still haven't been able to find it on my main...

Boom signal is old news brah, where you been? Lots of good stories in there though.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Props do just fine on Tokyo though (although I was in a free-fire room so we weren't doing the peacenik aerial ballet)... If I had any other reason to play RTDM other than the free fuel cans, I'd do nothing but props...

Now you start to understand why Namco pisses me off to no end, right?  -_-

They're one of the best choices on Tokyo, really. They have really good acceleration at high levels, they handle really well, and they're tiny so they're slightly easier to avoid crashing with when you need to fly through buildings. They didn't need a bonus. I guess the idea is to make them better so people will have a reason buy fuel to level and use them, but in that case it might have helped to actually say they got a bonus instead of keeping it a secret.

And you complain about literally everything, so whatever. You get 2m credits as a drop and you complain about it. Like come on.

Also, I should probably mention that score rewards have diminishing returns the higher you get, and are capped at 29049 credits for 150000 points (or 43574 credits if you're using a piston). You should still try for higher since that gets you more tournament/slot points, but going above 150k won't get you any more credits directly. So yeah, just putting that out there. Even though it's too late because nobody cares about this game anymore. I should probably quit too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)