Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat: Infinity Discussion

(Spam/off topic posts may be deleted without warning)

• Please log in to reply
58152 replies to this topic

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

Now all I need an answer for is why my not having a 2400+ cost airframe (despite a nominal investment of real cash periodically) continues to annoy so many here... If anything, I'd have thought ACS folks would be happy, since when we play together that's more points for y'all to stack up...

For starters, who are "alot of people"?  Off the top of my head only FIVE posters here have voiced their disapproval at one time or another (ranging from friendly advice to outright mockery) of how I've progressed with my hangar: You, Valfodr, Arek, Aqua and Brain Golem... Last I checked, five people isn't a consensus, chief...

Secondly, what is a "considerable" amount of cash to have spent on Ace Combat Infinity? Because I don't recall anybody ever being bold enough to start admitting real numbers, nor do I recall the line ever being set -- Is it a grand? three grand? five grand? If hypothetically I could throw away X amount of dollars on this game without even missing it, is that still termed "considerable" even though what may be a relatively minor amount to me may be a king's ransom to another gamer? Isn't your declaration pretty presumptive (if not ballsy) to make without specifically knowing the amounts I've spent, the credits I've earned, and how I have budgeted those credits on my research? Could *your* account handle similar scrutinizing from others here??

lZFpm1C.png

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

3. If I could do everything over, I would have dumped all my credits into one champion fighter instead of having a bunch of average ones -- The gap between my fighters and everyone else's is still way too wide compared to the rest of the field in relation to the other airframe classes... (FWIW the Akula was being groomed for Champion status until I started my boycott of RU airframes... Now all my hopes are pinned to the Pixy Eagle, which oddly seems to perform worse the more levels I slap on it)

Shoulda invested in idols instead of that bomber. Cheaper and better performance then the walking meme that is pixy.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

I can totally understand switching away from Akula since its specials do kinda suck. What I can't understand is why you'd go for Pixy when it also has shit specials. Like dude, there are loads of actually good planes. Why did you not go for one of them?

Shiro

Shiro

CG PLANES WHEN BAMCO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

Brian is totally fond of razgriz planes. Should've got those.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Razgriz have shit weapons too. Except Edge, but Edge costs like 200 medals so screw that.

Fiona/Mobius Typhoons the best. Cheap, no bay delay, good colour schemes, nice flying, nice damage, nice weapons. Woulda been nicer if they had QAAM instead of HCAA but I guess you can't have everything.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

Tried going A2A a couple of times last night and I have a quick question... Is there any reason for an opponent I'm tailing to be able to clearly and repeatedly fire standard missiles rearward and hit me every time? Or was I just lagging like hell since I found out that guy was from Russia when I sent him hatemail?

Isn't this what everyone was telling you last year?

Good to have a periodic reminder, I guess... I don't always remember everything I post and when in doubt I post it again...

Besides, maybe someone didn't see it the last time around  :P

lZFpm1C.png

Food for thought.... I know, right?

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

Tried going A2A a couple of times last night and I have a quick question... Is there any reason for an opponent I'm tailing to be able to clearly and repeatedly fire standard missiles rearward and hit me every time? Or was I just lagging like hell since I found out that guy was from Russia when I sent him hatemail?

Had u been drinking? That would explain it.

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Squad:The Michael Rosen Rappers
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Vodka, if we're talking about Russia.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Why does nobody use the F-2A -EX- anymore? I used to see 1-2 of them every round...

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Squad:The Michael Rosen Rappers
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

What are people using instead? Seeing as the F-2 -EX- is, quite objectively, at least in NTDM, the most powerful LASMkart...On that note, are there still SFFSB-22s everywhere?

CharlyFirpo666

CharlyFirpo666

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

Why does nobody use the F-2A -EX- anymore? I used to see 1-2 of them every round...

I use it. And more important I see them nearly every round.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

1. Has anyone ever actually bought one of those 1000-medal nicknames or emblems? Just wondering...

2. Promotion is finally at hand... Not sure why it took like 35,000 xp to get from Colonel #2 to Colonel #1, but Colonel #1 to Brigadier is only 5700 xp... Not that I'm complaining....

3. What's the maximum of bonus XP you can get from nerfing your airframe? All this time I thought it was capped at 15%, but my >1500 Razor build gets me 24%?

4. What the hell happened with Flight High School? The new comics seem to come out once every 2-3 months now...

Edited by botafogo4life, 13 hours ago.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

1. Has anyone ever actually bought one of those 1000-medal nicknames or emblems? Just wondering...

Shiro did.

He thought the Razgriz emblem was worth it.

He has very bad taste in emblems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)