Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Can Someone Help Me with Multiplayer?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

Katamariguy

Katamariguy

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Whenever I joined a multiplayer match, I try to apply the usual procedure of "get behind or ahead of enemy, release missiles," which is quite serviceable in the campaign. But online, it seems completely ineffective, as the opposing players shoot me down again and again, dodging the few missiles that get a lock on. I have a strong feeling that I am blind to a "proper" strategy that would give me a fighting chance.

Edited by Katamariguy, 30 May 2013 - 01:16 AM.

ZerstorungBiscuit

ZerstorungBiscuit

Autism Therapy Chicken

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts
I am certain that there is a thread specifically for AC6 MP, you might find some helpful hints there.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,779 posts

>AC6 multiplayer

Yeah good luck with that. Unless you limit it to the lower tiers, planes are too fast and agile for the slow missiles to hit reliably, even with a SHOOT lock (and absolutely no chance without unless the other guy is flying completely straight for 5 seconds). That's not even getting into QAAM-spamming top speed F-22/Su-47 circle flyers. And then you have everyone pseudo-warping around because of the terrible netcode, further derping up missile tracking and making getting a good lock that much harder. The only way outside of learning The Secret Ways Of The QAAM (© 2007 S&S) or becoming ungodly with SAAMs is to just fire as many SHOOT-enhanced missiles as you can and hope for the best. As for getting killed, keep your speed up, never fly straight, and hope the lag is on your side.

Edited by PositronCannon, 30 May 2013 - 10:05 AM.

Andy To The Sky

Andy To The Sky

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Just for the record I've never seen any lag in AC6, at least nowhere near as bad as people here claim. 

Regarding missile performance, it relies almost entirely on who gets the ESM support. Or how good you are at cross the map SAAM spamming.

Devildog Cipher

Devildog Cipher

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

>AC6 multiplayer

Yeah good luck with that. Unless you limit it to the lower tiers, planes are too fast and agile for the slow missiles to hit reliably, even with a SHOOT lock (and absolutely no chance without unless the other guy is flying completely straight for 5 seconds). That's not even getting into QAAM-spamming top speed F-22/Su-47 circle flyers. And then you have everyone pseudo-warping around because of the terrible netcode, further derping up missile tracking and making getting a good lock that much harder. The only way outside of learning The Secret Ways Of The QAAM (© 2007 S&S) or becoming ungodly with SAAMs is to just fire as many SHOOT-enhanced missiles as you can and hope for the best. As for getting killed, keep your speed up, never fly straight, and hope the lag is on your side.

You guys will argue about anything hahaha

Andy To The Sky

Andy To The Sky

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

You guys will argue about anything hahaha

You're not wrong.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,779 posts

I don't actually see any arguing here.

ChaosDynasty

ChaosDynasty

Just some random person...ya know?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

I'm rather shit when it comes to offensive (I fly the 15), but when it comes to defensive, that's where I excel.  As PC said, don't every fly straight, and as for speed, I use the ACE-EDGE and when I'm playing, I never move the throttle from afterburner position.  I don't even touch the high-g at all unless chasing another craft.

if stuck with XMA6s like I am, then I try to stay outside of the fur ball, and launch as many as possible.  being in the middle of the battle isn't always best.  I usually try to stay outside while strafing back and forth (going through it).

That's just a few things that I've done.

if you want any help in game, GT is C1D Highwind (I'm usually on around 5 PM ET).

Hornet

Hornet

The Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts

Just for the record I've never seen any lag in AC6, at least nowhere near as bad as people here claim. 

Regarding missile performance, it relies almost entirely on who gets the ESM support. Or how good you are at cross the map SAAM spamming.

Lucky you, lol I saw lag every game I played * and it's not my own net either :P *. The lag also included the planes performing rigid like 45 degree rolls and such in the little target window. One reason  I never do 1V1's: the netcode/lag is so bad the person will be looking away from you but you'll get hit with 2 SHOOT missiles from their screen and vice versa.

As for tips... well, to stay alive the broken corkscrew-like move always works (hold rudder one way, roll the other and go full speed) unless you hit a lag spike. Even SAAMs miss. I say broken because normally a missile would aim towards where the target would be and not following its exhaust trail (especially radar guided missiles) but since in this game it does, it breaks missiles lol.Granted, When doing that corkscrew you have about 5 QAAM spammers following you along with their pretty missile spam but usually helps at least.

As for killing people, PC pretty much got it right on. SHOOT missiles almost always miss unless the person stalls, lags badly (most common cause for getting hit with them), or doesn't know what they're doing. Once in a while you'll get lucky though, especially if you get as many SHOOTs as possible on someone. SAAMing is a bit of a bitch as well at closer ranges because of the lag/netcode problems. Further the way you are, the less likely the warping will affect your aim in the circle. Unless of course you feel like doing what I do sometimes and SAAM a guy in a circle fight with you lol. Pretty much a good rule of thumb is fire the secondaries as far off as possible, since they have more time to adjust for the warping.

Andy To The Sky

Andy To The Sky

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

I've had to break lock with a SAAM to avoid a missile, then when I've re-engaged, the SAAM from earlier will literally fly over my shoulder and thwack the bandit. So in my experience, it never misses unless you have to break lock for an extended period of time.

I do suffer lag sometimes now that I remember, it's more of the spontaneous missile hit out of nowhere. This came from fighting a guy called 

"I THE DARK LORD". I've never wanted to rip my hair out more.

Edited by Andy To The Sky, 30 May 2013 - 07:49 PM.

Hornet

Hornet

The Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts

You can break locks with SAAMs but they will come back. However, the corkscrew makes even SAAMs not hit their target.

ChaosDynasty

ChaosDynasty

Just some random person...ya know?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

I've had to break lock with a SAAM to avoid a missile, then when I've re-engaged, the SAAM from earlier will literally fly over my shoulder and thwack the bandit. So in my experience, it never misses unless you have to break lock for an extended period of time.

I do suffer lag sometimes now that I remember, it's more of the spontaneous missile hit out of nowhere. This came from fighting a guy called 

"I THE DARK LORD". I've never wanted to rip my hair out more.

The answer to your issue with spontaneous missile hits is the person you were playing.  Dark Lord is known for pulling shit like that, as many of us are sure that he's got a lag switch or something at this point.  Don't play this jerk and you will be fine(and I'm surprised that you didn't get some kinda message afterwords about how he is the GOD of AC.  He's does that.)

As for the SAAM thing.  I usually tend to glance at my radar to see where the missiles are compared to me, and even when doing barrel rolls, change direction.  That way the lock is broken, and can keep being broken because of being difficult to follow.

Andy To The Sky

Andy To The Sky

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

I got more than one message from him regarding how he is the God of AC. Noting his love of Israel, I began spouting palestinian propaganda. 

I've noted with max ESM (level 3) a QAAM will almost always hit, or a missile with the shoot icon, will also near always hit.

Edited by Andy To The Sky, 31 May 2013 - 08:27 AM.

THE [email protected]

THE [email protected]

Smoke Weed Everyday

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

He's not too hard to beat once you know how to deal with a corkscrew.

Andy To The Sky

Andy To The Sky

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

He uses an [email protected] Su-47 with QAAMs now. He's near impossible to hit. 

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,888 posts

I got more than one message from him regarding how he is the God of AC. Noting his love of Israel, I began spouting palestinian propaganda. 

Dammit, you made me laugh at work.

THE [email protected]

THE [email protected]

Smoke Weed Everyday

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Idol Su-47? That's what he's always used, that and Mobius F-22. I guess he realized that one wasn't working too well though after a few beatings from actual good players.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,135 posts

Speaking of I THE DORK LORD, have you guys seen this? Because it's pretty fucking hilarious.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,779 posts

If it was anyone else, I would simply assume it's satire.

Sadly, it's not the case.

ZerstorungBiscuit

ZerstorungBiscuit

Autism Therapy Chicken

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts

This.  This is hilarious.