Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Entire playthrough in 13 hrs.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

dubit

dubit

Vintage Gamer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

Got bored yesterday and popped this game in.  Being that I was a bit rusty, I started a new game and couldn't put it down.  I miss the old Ace Combat games for sure, as most of you do as well I know.  But after a couple of breaks I had the game beat in just over 13 hours. 

Just wondering if that sounds about right compared to what you all did in the past.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
That sounds high from my own experiences. I`d say about 5 hours is what it would take me to work through it once from scratch, less if I don`t care about S ranks.

Axdsilva

Axdsilva

Silverstar of the Golden Altar (sounds cool eh?)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts

Each of the paths taken in full is about that much but that's on normal, not sure on Ace difficulty though since I usually don't use that to play for time

Valk

Valk

The Man Who Sold The World

• Banned
  • 4,758 posts

That sounds high from my own experiences. I`d say about 5 hours is what it would take me to work through it once from scratch, less if I don`t care about S ranks.

This. I've done ACZ in about 4.5 hours for a single path, mostly due to shit like Glatisant. All paths would obviously take a bit longer.

dubit

dubit

Vintage Gamer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

I figured as much.  At first I was just finishing the task and moving on.  After a few missions, I was back as I used to be and had to destroy everything possible in the mission. 

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • 4,802 posts

My usual run through one mission path ends up with the clock at around 2 hours, but that only counts succesful mission times, so I guess it can easily double once you factor in menus, cutscenes and the occasional restart.

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

The time I took to beat the game once was... well, without counting all the pauses I had, and the fact that I was still on school, I took around 20 hours to beat it, of course without clearing all paths.

Now I take around 16 hours, in the same conditions.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

If I just sit there and play the game without any major distractions and with all the basic planes unlocked (Draken and F-15, pretty much. I try to follow the canon as closely as possible), I can probably clear any one path in an hour and half. If I don't care about rank or score, probably even faster. To me, I just can't imagine finishing the entire game above 10 hours. Unless you mean 100% complete as in unlocking absolutely everything.

dubit

dubit

Vintage Gamer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

I'm going to run through an old one this weekend  Ace Combat 2.  However, I have to dig out my old PS1 to do it with.  I attempted to put it in today in my PS3 and it fires up, but the controller doesn't work with it.  I will say though, my playthrough of Zero the other day was a blast.  I'd forgotten how much fun it was and I'm hoping to run through them all within a couple weeks time permitting.  (Except Air Combat - that game blows)