Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Does anyone still play this?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon
From what I've seen, the great majority, or at least the fair majority seem to regard AC6 as having the best gameplay, for campaign at least.

I wish, actually. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority with my undying love for AC6's gameplay. Sure, most people's issue with it is the story, but I've never seen its gameplay be that well-regarded, usual complaints being too much air-to-ground, dislike of the new missile mechanics, the low amount of flyable aircraft...

Regardless, I still play it once in a while and get reminded of just how mind-blowingly good I find it to be. It's just that 500+ hours of play tend to burn you out on a game. ;_;

Edited by PositronCannon, 17 October 2013 - 07:33 AM.

Red beryl

Red beryl

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

I wish, actually. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority with my undying love for AC6's gameplay. Sure, most people's issue with it is the story, but I've never seen its gameplay be that well-regarded, usual complaints being too much air-to-ground, dislike of the new missile mechanics, the low amount of flyable aircraft...

Regardless, I still play it once in a while and get reminded of just how mind-blowingly good I find it to be. It's just that 500+ hours of play tend to burn you out on a game. ;_;

Huh, I must've had the fortune of missing most of that then. The story isn't the best in the franchise no doubt, though aside from Melisa, it's not a bad plot. It's actually better than a fair amount of what has actually been released on the 360. Though I've seen it regarded most for its mission structure and actual combat between the ground AI. I could debate the others as well (aside from the smaller aircraft roster, I can understand one desiring more, same in most any simulation really), but it's far too late for that

Heh, I'd imagine. I've probably only played for about a fifth of that, though every so often I'll play a mission or two as well.

The "AC6 Gameplay Lovers" are a super-exclusive club, apparently.

Apparently.

kuroi

kuroi

Clockup Flowers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Squad:SMS
  • Plane:T-50 PAK-FA

Could completely understand the complaints about too much A2G, crap story, lack of aircraft but...

dislike of the new missile mechanics

I don't understand why someone would dislike the shoot command mechanic for standard missiles though when they rewarded reflexes/positioning and actually made that prompt worth something unlike in past games from what I recall... it just kinda told you "hey, you should press the circle button already"

The changes to XLAAs? I welcomed them. Nice, so they didn't just perform like XMAAs that you got to fire away quicker and gave them more characteristics that set them apart.

ESM. I can sorta understand, but in campaign it worked just fine- standard missiles have kind of crappy tracking anyway. Multiplayer?  I recall it made TB4 horribly onesided (especially if the host made it just level 2 weapons for some awful, stupid reason) and TB1 a standard missile spam fest as well as the likely QAAM users that are more than likely going to be there.  Then again I could tolerate those missile spam fests just fine as long as the team I had a competent ESM plane

Wolkenmeer

Wolkenmeer

Rookie

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Plane:Mirage 2000-5
Could get my hand on a free 360 thanks to a friend, so might actually play this soon. Pretty excited by it, hoping this will bridge the wait for Infinity. I'm going back through AC4 to Zero but it is kind of stale sometimes (esp. AC5, for some reason I keep ending crashed in the ground at the end of some of the most boring missions...).

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

You might want to check out a way I've developed for people to get more use and excitement from the 'legacy' (i.e., PS2) games, as well as portables and XBox360.

http://acecombatskie...s-battle-arena/

ThirstierRug19

ThirstierRug19

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

Since I rarely find people on AC6 multiplayer, I just play with my Strigon buddies. But I'm also trying to get the campaign medals in order to unlock the third CFA-44 color.

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

Man, I've been dormant for a while and when I finally surface again on this site I find interesting people

Since I rarely find people on AC6 multiplayer, I just play with my Strigon buddies. But I'm also trying to get the campaign medals in order to unlock the third CFA-44 color.

Any chance I might be able to join in on the online fun either on here or on AH?

My wings haven't spread properly in quite some time

Edited by Razgriz67, 28 October 2014 - 03:42 AM.

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • 3,151 posts
You know what? Let's make a co-op room with ACS members who have AC6. We can do it on Saturday.

Yellow 5

Yellow 5

Battle-Seasoned Nugget Leader -Extra Crispy-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Squad:OADF
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle

Man, I've been dormant for a while and when I finally surface again on this site I find interesting people

Any chance I might be able to join in on the online fun either on here or on AH?

My wings haven't spread properly in quite some time

Interesting's one word for it ;)

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • 3,569 posts

You know what? Let's make a co-op room with ACS members who have AC6. We can do it on Saturday.

I'm i....... If i can distract my gf with Sims 4 (which shouldn't be that hard) I'm in

Kamiyoda

Kamiyoda

シングルラインの女性

• Members
  • 3,920 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MT Eagle+

Heck yeah, lets do this XD

No doubt it wasn't.

You have AC Advance for that, or AH, if you desire to be fair.

From what I've seen, the great majority, or at least the fair majority seem to regard AC6 as having the best gameplay, for campaign at least. It's why I usually return to it.

I woulldn't mind returning to it now as well (in addition to Saidaioujou) if I had the time.

Northern Wings is worse than both...

Edited by Kamiyoda, 28 October 2014 - 03:17 PM.

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

• Members
  • 3,151 posts
Æyyyyy.

My gamertag is XxpwnedalotxX Go ahead and add me and we'll be set to do it on Saturday in the afternoon. Maybe 3:00 PM PST? Check back here when the time comes and I'll let you guys know. Be sure to download all the co-op maps beforehand.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit

I'm in for AC6 coop if you guys need an extra. XBL is PositronCannon.

Edited by PositronCannon, 28 October 2014 - 03:50 PM.

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

• Members
  • 3,151 posts
Sure thang. I'll host the session since I'm pretty much free the whole rest of the afternoon.

Edited by Muscle Man, 28 October 2014 - 04:13 PM.

Kamiyoda

Kamiyoda

シングルラインの女性

• Members
  • 3,920 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MT Eagle+

My XBL is Mugino Shizuri4, send me and friendy anytime.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts
  • Squad:DAS FUNK
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

Just returned my PS3 after a 4 month loan, so buh bye ACI. Need something to get my AC fix, and this'll do. XBL: TugaAvenger.

kuroi

kuroi

Clockup Flowers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Squad:SMS
  • Plane:T-50 PAK-FA

Just returned my PS3 after a 4 month loan, so buh bye ACI. Need something to get my AC fix, and this'll do. XBL: TugaAvenger.

for real?

Welp, time to Gripen all the things then.

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • 3,569 posts
Well. If PC abd Broth3r are in. I get the feeling I might need some lube for the brutal pounding that I'm gonna get

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

• Members
  • 3,151 posts

Are they really that gud?

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • 3,569 posts

I've heard numerous Rumors about Broth3r and his Griphen and he's one of the few that 1000 pointed AH

And PC has a YouTube channel if you wonna watch his tactics in action. He's also only missing one MP achievement in both AH abd AC6. So he probably has more flight time then me and you combined in those titles

Edited by Razgriz67, 28 October 2014 - 09:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users