Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

NTSC Edit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

spellca

spellca

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
viper sent me this to show you, apparently their was a slight edit to Ace Combat 04's Cutscene after the mission lifeline in the US and European versions

this is the us version

notice that part with the story teller boy in the corner talking about confronting 13? seems odd for him to be hiding to be doing that right? well lets look at the original (starts about 13:50) notice the very different tone

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
:blink:

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts
Funny when you consider the US is pro violence compared to Europe

Driggers

Driggers

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Amazing how a five second clip can completely change your perspective on a character. I never knew they had cut that out in the US version, thanks for sharing this!

spellca

spellca

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

I'm sorry? I don't think i understand what you mean

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

This is compared to the Japanese version, not the European/PAL one. The topic title is actually inaccurate since Japan also uses NTSC. The European version is the same as the North American one, that is, they edited out the part about the knife and the gun.

spellca

spellca

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
the part with yellow 4 also makes a lot more sense too about her protecting yellow 13

RazgrizRogue

RazgrizRogue

HAHA STUPID NEEEEEERDS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Wow, that's interesting. US version is pro-violence? As far as I can tell, the US version is actually very neutral in that respect.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

害酷人

• Global Moderators
  • 7,178 posts
Huh, I never knew this. I suppose now that you mention it, AC04 was an E rated game, and I suppose a flying game is something they wanted to make available to as large a pool of potential buyers as possible due to the lack of a sufficiently large built in audience, so I guess they must not have wanted to risk a T rating.

Not that being rated T would have restricted their audience too much.

Edited by Nemo KB, 23 February 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Necron 1

Necron 1

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Huh, I never knew this. I suppose now that you mention it, AC04 was an E rated game, and I suppose a flying game is something they wanted to make available to as large a pool of potential buyers as possible due to the lack of a sufficiently large built in audience, so I guess they must not have wanted to risk a T rating.

Not that being rated T would have restricted their audience too much.

Not to mention that the sequels ended up getting T ratings.

spellca

spellca

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Wow, that's interesting. US version is pro-violence? As far as I can tell, the US version is actually very neutral in that respect.

what are you guys talking about this was edited out of the US and Europe versions its only in japan

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

well when comparing the US and Europe. The US likes violence but doesn't like sex and Europe is the opposite (i even heard they cancelled a commercial of a soda in Europe because people started to mimic the slapping in the commercial)

Edited by Razgriz67, 23 February 2013 - 06:30 PM.

spellca

spellca

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
what does that have to do with this though its not in the us version, I assume that if the us version removed the part with the 10 year old thinking about gutting a grown man then they can't like violence that much

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
Notice that the image is also different, in US one it can be seen his hand, but in the Japanese one he's hidding the pistol.

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts

well when comparing the US and Europe. The US likes violence but doesn't like sex and Europe is the opposite (i even heard they cancelled a commercial of a soda in Europe because people started to mimic the slapping in the commercial)

Maybe that's what the people like, but that doesn't mean the censorship and rating boards in the same country agree.