Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

"Detailed information regarding this pilot is unavailable"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Katamariguy

Katamariguy

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
I count four pilots in the assault records (five counting Nachtigall) who are complete mysteries, with no concrete information in their biographies. Nothing has been found other than their names and ages.

Is this supposed to mean anything? All I can guess is that they're showing Strangereal is a vast universe and some people can simply disappear and be unable to tracked down.

Driggers

Driggers

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
My guess is that Project Aces did that for two reasons: A.) they were lazy and didn't feel like fleshing out a character whose total time on screen is 5-15 seconds depending on the difficulty or B.) they wanted characters they could bring back later on in another game (e.g. Lorenz Riedel.) Probably a combination of both though.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
Also, C.) this kind of thing happens in real life. Not a whole lot is known as concrete fact about a number of some greater pilots, especially from the World Wars.

Edited by Oka_Nieba, 10 February 2013 - 03:25 PM.

Katamariguy

Katamariguy

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

I'm guessing the context is that the documentary crew simply couldn't find those pilots.

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

I'm guessing the context is that the documentary crew simply couldn't find those pilots.

Yay gravedig. >_>

Katamariguy

Katamariguy

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Yay gravedig. >_>

Well, forgive me for that.