Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Active Squads?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

XDragon

XDragon

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
So, I feel as though I should integrate my self more into the community and i'm looking to join a squadron. The only problem is, it's hard to tell which squads are up and alive, and which are dead.

So I hope I'm not stepping on any toes or anything like that, but I'd love to know what squadrons are still flying high.

CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• Members
  • 6,827 posts
Most squads just do their own thing. Belkan Air Force is going strong on several games and platforms. I'm in BAF and we do XCOM, Forza 4, Halo, Wargame: European Escalation, Il-2, among others. We've got a sizable portion of members.

9AD/FA does stuff [citation needed]. SMS does things. Sins and Saints plays World of Tanks. That has a nice little ring to it.

But yeah. ACS is dead to us all.

Edited by CayceG, 03 January 2013 - 11:57 AM.

XDragon

XDragon

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
That last phrase is rather depressing...

ZerstorungBiscuit

ZerstorungBiscuit

Autism Therapy Chicken

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts
FA does shit, MWO, IL-2. Lotta PC games.

XDragon

XDragon

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Does anyone still fly (Ace Combat) though?

Edited by XDragon, 03 January 2013 - 12:25 PM.

Devildog Cipher

Devildog Cipher

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
Wyvern squadron is still up in the skies. Though its down to just me lol

XDragon

XDragon

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Wyvern squadron is still up in the skies. Though its down to just me lol

Oh? Based on your squad's name alone, I'm enticed haha

Devildog Cipher

Devildog Cipher

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
We were a competitive squadron a whiles back. Took on the BAF, lancers, ect. Won a few of the matches too. But things happened and now it's just me, myself, and I.

The Protector

The Protector

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
You're not going to find a lot of "competitive" Ace Combat play around here anymore. Assault Horizon was such a huge disappointment, and AC6 is quite old. My squad still plays AC6 for fun from time to time, but it is no longer our primary focus. If you're looking for a group of people to hang out with, then Freelance Alliance, 9th Air Division, and Belkan Air Force are very active on multiple games and platforms. Strategic Military Services is active, but you have to be invited. Sins and Saints primarily plays World of Tanks now. I can't comment on activity levels in Aquilla, Wyvern, Lancers, and others.

If you join the BAF, FA, or 9AD, you'll still be able to play with members of the other two, and SMS. The four are all on pretty good terms with one another.

XDragon

XDragon

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Cipher, that sucks. I know how that goes, i used to run in a squadron way back during the X-Wing Alliance and JKO days of Star Wars PC games. I ended up being the last active member of MOD.

Protector, yeah I know...it really sucks ACAH was a wash out :(

Devildog Cipher

Devildog Cipher

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
Not really. It's fun being a one man army ahahahahah

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts

Does anyone still fly (Ace Combat) though?

LOL

Nope.

ZerstorungBiscuit

ZerstorungBiscuit

Autism Therapy Chicken

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts
Lol Ace Combat, who plays that?

Ninja Pirate

Ninja Pirate

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts
We're the worst Ace Combat fan site ever.

XDragon

XDragon

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
*raises hand slowly* I do...well sorta do. Last time i played AC6 on line, i ran into some clan DARKNESS....they were none too friendly, and that was on the 21st.

Anyways, BAF or Wyvern still play AC, am I right?

Devildog Cipher

Devildog Cipher

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
Yeah. Wyvern is just started back up on AH.

XDragon

XDragon

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Ninja, i think you may have a point there...

Ares

Ares

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

You're not going to find a lot of "competitive" Ace Combat play around here anymore. Assault Horizon was such a huge disappointment, and AC6 is quite old. My squad still plays AC6 for fun from time to time, but it is no longer our primary focus. If you're looking for a group of people to hang out with, then Freelance Alliance, 9th Air Division, and Belkan Air Force are very active on multiple games and platforms. Strategic Military Services is active, but you have to be invited. Sins and Saints primarily plays World of Tanks now. I can't comment on activity levels in Aquilla, Wyvern, Lancers, and others.

If you join the BAF, FA, or 9AD, you'll still be able to play with members of the other two, and SMS. The four are all on pretty good terms with one another.

In Aquila, almost everybody has important time consuming jobs (such as working with a FD) or attends school of some sort, so not many are highly active, but we do have competitions here and there and our last three members (Myself included) are more active than most. But we're mostly legacy. I think a few have AC6 as for online play, that beats me.

Ace 117

Ace 117

VFA-32 "Fighting Swordsmen"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

We're the worst Ace Combat fan site ever.

That's a spirit breaker...but true....

UPEO meaning....Me......Likes to Play AC6 ever so often, other than that is Forza, BF3 or Halo really........if you're a big halo guy I suggest 9AD, they play daily on a continuous basis basically.

Really the only time the site as a whole plays AC is whenever a new "coming of age" squadron shows up and declares war on everyone and tries to win over all the others squads guys, basically only the Osean Air Defense Force was bold enough to do such a thing, actually get a few round till it was eventually absorbed by BAF if I recall correctly. (correct me if I'm wrong) Course this was done in the "Cold War Era of ACS"

- Colonel Ace 117

Edited by Ace 117, 03 January 2013 - 04:53 PM.

XDragon

XDragon

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Yeah, I play Halo, RE6, BF3 (though god after not touching it since Armored Kill I was a wreck last night, save for the jets), and of course Ace combat.

Hmm well, i feel as though my options are 3? Wyvern, Belka and UPEO

Decisions decisions... well regardless I'd love to play with y'all