Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Two Contentious Gameplay Issues

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Katamariguy

Katamariguy

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
First, the exclusion of the return line. It may have made it hard to rearm mid-battle, but maybe it was doing us good by encouraging us to conserve ammo.

Second, having only one SP weapon per plane. I am unsure if this was a good thing or not. It did give each plane a more clearly defined role.

Would you say these were good or bad things?

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

First, the exclusion of the return line. It may have made it hard to rearm mid-battle, but maybe it was doing us good by encouraging us to conserve ammo.

I think that conserving ammunition in a fight is a good thing. I'm thinking, however, that the main reason they did it was to have you use your wingmen.

Second, having only one SP weapon per plane. I am unsure if this was a good thing or not. It did give each plane a more clearly defined role.

It forced the player to not only do more 'planning' of his 'attack', in which aircraft he and his squad used, but to work to buy more of the variants, which maybe had loadouts that the player wanted more, rather than only one or two (example - In AC04, my choice for all missions was the Su-37, because it offered the uber-QAAMs for A2A action, the UGBLs for most A2G applications and the LASMs for pinpoint anti-shipping strikes.

Any other opinions?

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
Thread re-opened for discussion.

Necron 1

Necron 1

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
The only point of having one special weapon per plane was so that they could boost the aircraft count with pointless variants, like the MiG-31M.

Lychnus

Lychnus

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Pointless variants? I would much rather have the Mig-31M rather than getting another loadout for the Mig-31. Seriously, AC5 had the best variety PS2 and up, it is the best AC game ever and while it would be cool to have more special weapon options per plane the system is the best there is.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Pointless variants? I would much rather have the Mig-31M rather than getting another loadout for the Mig-31. Seriously, AC5 had the best variety PS2 and up, it is the best AC game ever and while it would be cool to have more special weapon options per plane the system is the best there is.

I sure you have seen discussions regarding necroposting?  This discussion has been ignored for over 6 months. 

Lychnus

Lychnus

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

This forum was rather dead, sorry for posting in a thread where I felt I had something to say.  :mellow: