Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Should I get this game?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Deathshade

Deathshade

Noob

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hello guys. So I already have Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception for the PSP, and I'm considering getting Joint Assault too. Would you guys recommend that game?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Katamariguy

Katamariguy

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
If you enjoyed Skies of Deception, get it.

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Hello guys. So I already have Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception for the PSP, and I'm considering getting Joint Assault too. Would you guys recommend that game?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes since its so cheap now, but Ace combat skies of deception was so much better

Xpand

Xpand

DUN DUN DUUUN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts
I dunno, I'm kinda neutral on it, it's neither great nor bad... It's a meh game. Plus point: Has remixes of old AC soundtracks.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
Don't get it for the story, it'll give you cancer.

Axdsilva

Axdsilva

Silverstar of the Golden Altar (sounds cool eh?)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
True

If you like planes, arcade but semi-real flying on handhelds with some connectivity online, go for it

Don't go for it if you like an in depth stories or if you disliked the movie 'Stealth'
Among other reasons...

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
Yeh the storyline really sucked, you can't exactly relate to Antares1 as you could with Gryphus 1, the boss missions are unoriginal and tedious, just saying.

Ares

Ares

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
As everyone says, the story wasn't all that and in all honesty, the only character I see anyone can relate to is only out of sympathy and that's Sulejmani. The gameplay itself isn't bad but it still needed some work, in my opinion, with some of the physics. It is, however a good way to play with other people if you don't have AC:AH or AC6.

Ace 117

Ace 117

VFA-32 "Fighting Swordsmen"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts
*clears throt*

Im noticeing a pattern here, Ace Combat in real world kinda suck......but music is good....

- Colonel Ace 117

Ares

Ares

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Well put, Ace. It has been a trend with real world based games and I had high hopes for AH as it was a console game. Don't get me wrong, it isn't bad but it could be a lot better.

Hemi on

Hemi on

Noob

• Members
  • 2 posts
You can find a used version so cheap nowadays that it's worth giving a couple of bucks for hours of enjoyment (if you like ace combat series or airplanes battles).

Jim

Jim

Technicolour Dreamboat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
It wasn't NEARLY as enjoyable as Skies of Deception IMO. Physics were completely ballsed up and the dogfighting wasn't very enjoyable to me. It's at its utmost best when played in Co-Op or Versus, despite the fact there isn't any voice communication. Not quite as replayable as X1 either.

Not to mention the story. OH MY GOD THE FUCKING STORY...

ZerstorungBiscuit

ZerstorungBiscuit

Autism Therapy Chicken

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts

It wasn't NEARLY as enjoyable as Skies of Deception IMO. Physics were completely ballsed up and the dogfighting wasn't very enjoyable to me. It's at its utmost best when played in Co-Op or Versus, despite the fact there isn't any voice communication. Not quite as replayable as X1 either.

Not to mention the story. OH MY GOD THE FUCKING STORY...

This. This sums this game up entirely.