Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Who plays this?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

ReaperKallina

ReaperKallina

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Squad:54th TFS 'Spectre'
  • Plane:F-15 ACTIVE

hahah,yeah but its hard to use gun only if you are against 4 or more guys,Gun kills are my fav though.

Fun fact for dealing with EJ: If he's running ECM, SAAM his ass. If not, get an S/MTD out. He never was able to fly that plane properly, as proved when I wiped his ass out when we were both in one :'D good times. And for those times you're outta missiles, just hit Start -> Respawn for a reload.

As for tactics, yeah, campaign pretty much teaches you how to die rather than survive. Gun the engines and weave about like a mofo. 4AAMs/QAAMs are your friend.

Strigon 01

Strigon 01

Memento Mori

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

i occasionally still play it

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

And for those times you're outta missiles, just hit Start -> Respawn for a reload.

Gotta say, most people I know do not consider that an honorable choice.  

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack

Obviously getting shot down is the correct one.

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

Obviously getting shot down is the correct one.

One should always be prepared with guns once the missiles run out

ReaperKallina

ReaperKallina

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Squad:54th TFS 'Spectre'
  • Plane:F-15 ACTIVE

Gotta say, most people I know do not consider that an honorable choice.  

Honor's overrated.

I also hear rumours from my squadmate that ACAH's multiplayer has been taken offline (finally!). Can anyone confirm?

Solowing-118

Solowing-118

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Squad:Solo
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle

I now just stick to either squad meetups or ACS nights if they ever are to happen again. The online community who aint on ACS (and unfortunately, some who ARE, not naming names) are utterly disgraceful in their tactics (it has become nigh impossible to find a match without at least one groundslammer or tanker) and the score boosting has gotten out of control (three people now have 999.9999 K/Ds, and score boosting now makes up all but about maybe five positions of the top 30. I personally used to hold rank 24 or so, but quickly got boosted out due to me earning score the hard way).

hello Reaper, your very right i still love this game to death but yea if you kill some people to many times theyll try to saved K/D and head to the ground  if that doesnt kill you theyll respawn n try again

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • Plane:E-767

I might pick up another copy and start playing again.

Why do I bring this up? Because I found a copy for both 360/PS3 in the bargain bin of my local Kroger. That's.... kind of sad, honestly. Hell, I didn't even know that they sold video games.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack
Why would you do that. The PSN DL version is 20 with absolutely everything included.

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • Plane:E-767

Why would you do that. The PSN DL version is 20 with absolutely everything included.

I was looking through that. Though it seemed like it's $20 for the regular, and $30 for everything. I might have to check again.

But then again, those copies I found were $12 each.

jeff003

jeff003

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

I'm playing it now. I just got an HD Tv and this game looks better then it ever has. Before I was using an analog tv and couldn't read the words in the game cause I couldn't make them out but now they're very readable and the graphics are beautiful. I'm playing single player mode.

I had to get an HDTV so I could hook up my Ps4. The only way to hook those up is thru an HDMI. My tv has 3 HDMI"S so I have my PS3 hooked into one,my Ps4 the other and my Dish DVR hooked into the other. Ace Combat has never looked so good as it does on an HD LCD Tv.

SimonC6R

SimonC6R

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Plane:MiG-29 Fulcrum-A

It makes for a really great screenshot generator. Assault Horizon is a lot of things, but ugly isn't one of them.

BlazerAaron99

BlazerAaron99

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Squad:765th Air Division
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

I still play it now and then on PC. Just having problems with my monitor's stupid screen resolution settings lol

alphazoid

alphazoid

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Squad:Looking
  • Plane:CFA-44 Nosferatu

One should always be prepared with guns once the missiles run out

This was me in almost every mission in AC5. I would run out halfway, and think to myself, "alright, time to make a movie scene that will never be shown."

Honor's overrated.

I also hear rumours from my squadmate that ACAH's multiplayer has been taken offline (finally!). Can anyone confirm?

What!? I wanted to play it with others... now I won't be able to play with anyone now that I've finally got it. :'(

BlazerAaron99

BlazerAaron99

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Squad:765th Air Division
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor
Depends on what you play. Pc theris a bunch of people who still play every now and then. Not sure about PS3 and Xbox

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • 3,556 posts

There might be a fresh batch of noobs on the Xbox now/soon AH is currently on sale to gold members for $6.79 until the 26th

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

Hell, if people are still playing this, now that I'm 18 and can control my own account without having to ask for 'muh parents permission' [couldn't access online for the longest time because my father couldn't be arsed to update his own account], I might just try my hand at online.

Though I'm pretty sure I suck compared to most of you.

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • 3,556 posts

Hell, if people are still playing this, now that I'm 18 and can control my own account without having to ask for 'muh parents permission' [couldn't access online for the longest time because my father couldn't be arsed to update his own account], I might just try my hand at online.

Though I'm pretty sure I suck compared to most of you.

Don't undermine yourself, from what I've seen, everyone on this site, even those that think they utterly suck are still on a different level then most of the randoms online

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

i can see that many people still play it on PC,you can check out some Steam's group here :)

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

There are a few people playing on PSN. I did... better than I expected.

Sadly I had to create a nu account because my previous one is still locked. Sony apparently doesn't understand the concept of aging. Going as AngledFeuerfox now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users