Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Who plays this?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Axdsilva

Axdsilva

Silverstar of the Golden Altar (sounds cool eh?)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
  • Squad:The Former X - Squadron, Lancers | Now: n/a
  • Plane:S-32 Golden Eagle
Not being derogatory just truthfully asking

Who is actually actively playing this, the campaign, multiplayer

And why...?

(I figured we needed a neutral-ish topic seeing how everything is either 'this sucked', 'this should be better', 'what about this instead' threads)

blah blah

blah blah

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Squad:77th TFS Shadow Dolphin Squadron
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
I still play it every now and then. If I can't find any online lobbies I just play single player.

SuperDJBling

SuperDJBling

Rookie

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E
I do. I still have immense enjoyment whilst playing this title. Be it singleplayer or multiplayer, I struggle, really struggle, to not have a ultra awesome time with this game. It is rare I go more than two days without this game if given the chance. It does feel somewhat sobering when coming to these forums and seeing so much anger and disgust pointed towards a single title, and its kinda disappointing that people feel this way. However, I'm still having a blast, and that is all that matters.

Georgia Ace

Georgia Ace

New and improved

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18F Super Hornet
I just do free missions every once in awhile. Can't be bothered with the campaign because I LOATHE the spooky mission.

ReaperKallina

ReaperKallina

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Squad:54th TFS 'Spectre'
  • Plane:F-15 ACTIVE
I now just stick to either squad meetups or ACS nights if they ever are to happen again. The online community who aint on ACS (and unfortunately, some who ARE, not naming names) are utterly disgraceful in their tactics (it has become nigh impossible to find a match without at least one groundslammer or tanker) and the score boosting has gotten out of control (three people now have 999.9999 K/Ds, and score boosting now makes up all but about maybe five positions of the top 30. I personally used to hold rank 24 or so, but quickly got boosted out due to me earning score the hard way).

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack
Mess with the paint editor when I'm utterly bored out of my mind.

SlyCooperFan1

SlyCooperFan1

Acepedia Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern
I sometimes play the Siege or Home Front missions when I'm bored, as they are my absolute favorite missions in the game. I look for some online matches once in a while as well, but instantly remember why I left the multiplayer - as Reaper said, just boosters or cheaters there :/

Axdsilva

Axdsilva

Silverstar of the Golden Altar (sounds cool eh?)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
  • Squad:The Former X - Squadron, Lancers | Now: n/a
  • Plane:S-32 Golden Eagle

I do. I still have immense enjoyment whilst playing this title. Be it singleplayer or multiplayer, I struggle, really struggle, to not have a ultra awesome time with this game. It is rare I go more than two days without this game if given the chance. It does feel somewhat sobering when coming to these forums and seeing so much anger and disgust pointed towards a single title, and its kinda disappointing that people feel this way. However, I'm still having a blast, and that is all that matters.

You don't know how sobering YOUR posts are, hence why I made this thread to get some variety...

Atleast this way we see why this game is still played and why it isn't without it degrading into single line rants soon after. So what only these people still play this game on the Ace Combat fan forum?

Sinner101GR

Sinner101GR

Sins & Saints CEO

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Squad:Sins & Saints
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor
I still own this game only because it's an AC title in name only.

I played the campaign only once after release and did co-op with S&S members. Did a few days of online, broke it (as evidenced by our top member Brickster1 taking the top in online rankings with our strategy) and said screw that noise, I got better things to do.

I really gave this game as best as a chance as I could give...but it's just not what we had hoped.

Galm118

Galm118

That guy

• Members
  • 5,952 posts
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle
I beat the story once, did the co op once with Panda, played online a little bit and then quit. Now I just have it in my collection like Sinner, for name only.

Prime

Prime

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle
Play a free mission once in a blue moon. Don't play campaign because of the limited aircraft selection that doesn't let you replay with all planes available.

Really if I'm itching to play AC I play AC6.

Blaze1990

Blaze1990

Rookie

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle
I do somewhat. I most just play 4, 5, Z, and 6. Not to much of a big fan of AH but still play sometimes online.

kuroi

kuroi

Clockup Flowers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Squad:SMS
  • Plane:T-50 PAK-FA
I sometimes pop in Assault Horizon just to look at the custom colors and planes I have.

But yeah, just like Prime, if I want Ace Combat, I just play AC6 as well...

skyace1000

skyace1000

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
i sometimes i restart the data of somegames and unlock everything again

(ps just a question this compiles for all games with dlc) do you have to buy dlc again if you restart data

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

i sometimes i restart the data of somegames and unlock everything again

(ps just a question this compiles for all games with dlc) do you have to buy dlc again if you restart data

on the 360 you can redownload things IDK bout he PS3

Galm118

Galm118

That guy

• Members
  • 5,952 posts
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle

on the 360 you can redownload things IDK bout he PS3

Same on the PS3.

Wild Goose

Wild Goose

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Squad:FA Oldtimer
  • Plane:XFA-27
I play this game, being the ACS oldtimer who went away and occasionally comes back.

*shrug* I find it fun and I liked it. Not perfect, but then all Ace Combat games have gone forward and backwards at once. That said, each Ace Combat game has done something very well, so much that it stands out:

AC04 had the best presentation and setup, though the gameplay was kinda basic.

AC5 had the best story, weak presentation compared to 4 and Zero, and improved gameplay, and the most planes ever - though many of them were just variants with a single SP weapon. :P

ACZ had the best themes and made air jousting cool, though the live action interviews were kinda hit and miss, but still got the job done. (It also feels as though it pulls heavily from the PS2 games before it, but that's another subject for another day.)

No comments on AC6, having not played it.

ACX was mostly similar gameplay to the PS2 games, and had the effect of branching missions, and aircraft tuning and parts.

ACAH has the greatest spectacle, the sense of feeling like you're in a blockbuster.

SAWKRUMBS

SAWKRUMBS

Rookie

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

I Play it almost every day,I find the guys who are regular groundslammers,(come on you can tell who does it on purpose) and those guys that run armor tanks just fun to kill.sure I get shot down a lot and sure I hate DFM,and sure guys like Ejfunboy,andres priest,pflower some other ones, who seem to make a mission of hunting me, just seem impossible to kill.But even with all that I still like the experience of multi-player.My shootdown ratio hovers around 1.8,So I think I suck pretty bad,cause I get shot down so much in DFM mostly.Its the worst ratio I have ever had in any online game.But I don't really care.

I almost never play the campaign,or free mish mainly because it mushes up my flying in multi-player.Yeah I find you need a different ............. well not really style more like a tactical attitude in online PVP.I run the co-op mishs from time to time just to be a wingman for those who need to unlock skills.

I have the game 100% unlocked,i don't cheat,groundslam on purpose,dont even have one armor skill on,never used burst once,never use ecm,never use stealth except in an attack plane.I almost never fly stealth fighters or multi role.I don't have a regular wingman,moreover I don't have comms so I don't bother looking for one.Some guys do though and pinwheel very effectively,mostly the Japanese guys,but Fred Mag and his wingman do a good job at it too.

I do get hate mail though sometimes.Like dude whats your problem?I respond politely I don't have a prob,I just shoot you down if you are on the other team.I will try to shoot the other team down as much as possible I'm in a fighter and that's my job,at the moment it just happens to be your on the other team.have a nice day 8).....I don't hunt particular peeps I just shoot the next target that is in the best position.then the next,My screen is really to small to read the names of the people in match anyway,and I am just concentrating on avoiding missiles and lining up on the target I have queued.I usually average around 22 kills per match deathmatch is an average of 14-16.Sometimes I get over 40 kills with my record being 62 kills in a 30 minute Dubai cc match.to be fair though those guys didn't know how to avoid missiles when they got in ASM.and they had no fighter protection,so they were easy pickings.

Also I HATE DFM.And I see a lot of peeps on these forums feel the same way.There is a way you can enjoy AH without its negative points.It is simple.You just set the rules to skills off,and to attack planes being the only ones operable.Then you can play deathmatches in F-2's I totally love this, domination in A-10's.Its great I love the game when the players get that stuff going.hell even lag seems to be a minimal problem using that set up.Alas though,players like dolphin,ace combat 118,ejfunboy,pflower andres priest,and the others they bail they wont play in those matches very long,And its then that I realize hey wait a minute I don't really suck,its that they as markov says in the game "Arent as good as they thought they were,huh? " LMAO...They are slaves to skills and connection speeds nice.More and more, I am having to respawn because no one shot me down and I ran out of missiles.And yeah that's right I get hate mail for that too sometimes.But WTF should I do then just let them kill my base or let them shoot me down in order to reload my missiles?

Well if any others want to or need skills unlocked in co-op mishs drop me an invite I will be glad to fly with you.Also anyone wishes to fly with skills off/on in attack planes only I am ready to go when I am online.drop me a message invite or request and I will be glad too.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW

.But WTF should I do then just let them kill my base or let them shoot me down in order to reload my missiles?

That's why they give you a gun, sir.

SAWKRUMBS

SAWKRUMBS

Rookie

• Members
  • 12 posts

That's why they give you a gun, sir.

hahah,yeah but its hard to use gun only if you are against 4 or more guys,Gun kills are my fav though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users